Forum Name: Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
Forum Description: Discussion of our Hawk T1/A
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31183
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 11:57pm

Topic: Demo question
Posted By: donnybalonny
Subject: Demo question
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:32pm
Hi, I have downloaded and installed the demo and taken the Hawk on a couple of flights. Its a VERY nice bird.
My question is: what is supposed to happen when the time limit is reached.
*End of flight? * Freeze of game? *Crash to desktop? *Total crash of PC?

My experience with the demo has been mixed so far.
First flight, 20 minuts 2-3000 feet. No problems, nothing happened.
second flight after a restart : 45 minuts, 10 - 12000 feet. No problems, nothing happened.
The next 2 or 3 flights after having restarted PC: 5 - 10 minuts and then a total crash of PC.

I´m interested in buying the Hawk and even more because its on sale now, but I´m a bit worried with these total crash of PC.
Also how long does the sale last?

Thanks in advance

Replies:
Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 2:01pm
Sale is on until the 4th January.

I'm not sure what's causing the crashing in your case with the demo but it's not symptomatic of the main product so I wouldn't worry about that.

Posted By: Delta558
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 2:54pm
Plus don't forget the JF refund policy - generally mainly for boxed products only but

"if you have a problem with your software, please contact our support team and if we can’t resolve the matter we will, of course, ensure that you aren’t paying for something that you can’t use."
(taken from the Ts and Cs).

The support team will work to make sure you have a working product if you are unfortunate enough to have problems with the full installer but a combination of this and the post directly above should show that you are not taking much of a risk!

Cheers,
Paul.

Posted By: donnybalonny
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 9:01am
Well, I dont know.
My experience is that demos are to test if you like the addon AND how it runs on your system. If it doesnt run well, dont buy the addon...... I may stick to my Freeware Dino Cattaneo MB 326 for a while.

But all that said, the JF Hawk IS a very nice aircraft. Not only does it look good but its a very lively and nice flight. Very responsive to inputs. on long 45 minuts flight I really tested it through its paces and I believe it is the best little jet that I have tried.

I have uninstalled the Hawk demo from P3D and will install it into FSX SE soon and see what happens

Print Page | Close Window