Forum Description: In-development area
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31121
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 4:15am

Topic: Canberra Heading Hold
Posted By: G-BANJO
Subject: Canberra Heading Hold
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 10:32am
Good morning, all.

This is my first post here and I wonder, please, if anyone can help to sort out why I cannot achieve heading hold in AP? I have recently installed from download (FSX SE, Windows 10)

I have read and revisited the manual and I believe I am following correct procedure in powering up & engaging the auto pilot. I set up the desired heading using the bug on the instrument hidden by the yoke. With the AP 'Track' function activated, I try to get onto the new heading by clicking and holding the at top left of this instrument. But, the button appears not to want to hold (it flickers) and no heading change occurs.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft with no change.

I have looked through this board but have not found any similar report. I have a feeling I am missing a trick somewhere.

Thank you for any advice.

Regards,

Brian.

-------------
Thank you for your help,

Brian

Replies:
Posted By: nmurray
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 2:27am
Hi Brian,
I hope I am understanding you.
First, you don't use the AP 'Track' that is for VOR.

Engage the AP, set the heading bug (yellow triangle) to the heading you wish then on the Autopilot Heading Selector (just under the Radio Altimeter) clicl button top left.

I think the reason it won't hold for you is that you have the Track selected or AP is not properly engaged.

Print Page | Close Window