Forum Name: Traffic 360
Forum Description: Discussion area for Traffic 360
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30993
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:21am

Topic: Noob question about AI BGL priority
Posted By: Aquilam
Subject: Noob question about AI BGL priority
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 4:31pm
I've been using Traffic 360's default traffic with FSX-SE with great success. Before my latest flight I used World-of-AI Installer to add AI traffic for two additional airlines, resulting in two new traffic BGLs in my World Scenery folder. However, when I flew FSX, the only AI traffic in the air was the traffic most recently added with World-of-AI Installer.

Removing the two new traffic BGLs from my World Scenery folder restored Traffic 360's default traffic.

So apparently there's something I don't understand about how FSX handles traffic BGLs. I thought you could have multiple traffic BGLs and they would peacefully co-exist, however in my one experience it appears that FSX acknowledged only the newest traffic BGL added via World-of-AI Installer and ignored the others.

This (enthusiastic) noob is confused. 

Replies:
Posted By: Aquilam
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 7:18pm
Okay, looks like the issue was that the traffic BGLs I created with World-of-AI Installer (v2.04) were in FS9 format, at least that's what AIFP thought, and after letting AIFP work its conversion magic all traffic BGLs are active now.

I learned from another forum that if you have both FS9 and FSX traffic files installed, FSX will choose to run one version but not both.

Maybe I missed a step with World-of-AI Installer, but I thought I was careful to select FSX as the target sim.

Posted By: RayM
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:10pm
yup, it sure was the same old mixture of FS9 and FSX AI BGLs. Keep an eye open for stray FS9 files!

-------------
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user

Print Page | Close Window