Forum Name: HS 748 Propliner
Forum Description: Discussion area for HS 748 Propliner
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30910
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 12:49am

Topic: HS748 in development
Posted By: Christopher Low
Subject: HS748 in development
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 5:35pm
I have just noticed that you guys have a HS748 in development. Are you intending to demonstrate it at Cosford 2016, or is it too early for that yet? Rick Piper's HS748 for FSX had a good quality 3D model and impressive sounds, but that VC was just too basic for me. Looking forward to seeing what you guys can do with this one!

Replies:
Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 8:25am
Hi Christopher. Yes, we should be in a position to demo the HS748 at our Cosford show. It should be in the latter stages of development by then Thumbs Up

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 8:57am
Excellent news, Martyn. See you there! Smile

Posted By: sundowner
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 2:53pm
Excellent news to have the HS 748 launched!!
Can't wait.

Posted By: PTPhreak
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 1:29am
Im very happy this lovely plane is in development! How many liveries will be included?

Posted By: Busterbvi
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 6:13pm
Just Flight, Will the RAF Andover variant be included ?

-------------
Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. Dell 32'' 4K Monitor. 2 Lazy Boyz & Lap dancing facilities.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 8:22pm
I will try to get some answers on Saturday at RAF Cosford Smile

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:20pm
I have just watched the video of the HS748, and just thought I would mention that the "yellow tipped" prop animation on the DanAir plane in the last shot is only visible in the lower half of the arc. The top half of the arc should be visible in front of the aircraft's fuselage, but it is nowhere to be seen Wink

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 8:27pm
That prop spin down animation could be better. It slows down and stops way too abruptly from high speed. It needs to be a smooth reduction in rotation speed, right down to full stop.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 10:04am
Hi
Totally agree with prop speed at shut down but the same applies at start up. It is far to rapidly almost like a piston engine.
A turbine engine spools up/down very slowly when starting and shutting down.
Regards
Sundowner 

Posted By: edpatino
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 1:12am
Hi, the HS748 is no more in development, since it was released on Nov 24 2016.
I bought the product and installed it, and now I'm looking for the paintkit. Where is the paintkit and from where I can download it?.
Thanks, Ed

Posted By: taildraggin68
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 1:39am
There are a few things needing addressed in this release, can we please get a proper forum section or at least a product identifier for the tech support section.  I mean the product doesn't even show when trying to go through product support.  Kind of hard to direct it in the right department with no path for tech help.

Scott

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 8:02am
Hi Scott,

The support page will be available within the next couple of hours.

We'll add a forum section but please note that this isn't a support forum so any issues need reporting via the support page.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 8:39am
The support page is now available -  http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748" rel="nofollow - http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 11:14am
HS 748
The product is launched, but the propeller speed at start up and shut down is totally incorrect. A turbine engine spools up very slowly on start up and shut down as apposed to a piston engine.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 11:23am
Hi Sundowner. Have you purchased the product or are you basing that on the last in-development video? The prop animation speed was adjusted before release after feedback on our earlier video. If you are using the product and consider the animation to still be too quick then we will look at it again. Unfortunately the FS turboprop system is very flawed so custom-code is required.

A new video will be available soon.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 12:11pm
Hi Martyn
No I haven't purchased it yet.
I looked at the video today of the "launched" product to verify if the prop speed had been changed since previous comments w r t to the props two weeks ago. It looks the same.
I will purchase this aircraft as it is a legend in it's own right.
Regards
Sundowner

Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by sundowner sundowner wrote:

Hi Martyn
No I haven't purchased it yet.
I looked at the video today of the "launched" product to verify if the prop speed had been changed since previous comments w r t to the props two weeks ago. It looks the same.
I will purchase this aircraft as it is a legend in it's own right.
Regards
Sundowner

The videos on the product page are still In Dev vidoes though.

We hope to have a new video up quite soon.

Posted By: snave
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 7:02pm
I'm curious. Why do the shots of static 748's all show the props in feather? And why do you listen to Sundowner without question? The Dart is a single shaft turbine with a direct coupling to a reduction gearbox that reduced the massive rotational speed of the lit-off turbine section to credible revolutions for a propeller - and thus a permanent link. when the turbine turns, so does the prop. 

QED

However there is an issue with the simulation: The Dart would require the engines to be shut down and started in Ground Fine. Which is precisely why there is a complex series of button presses to feather a prop in flight. Every picture and the videos show it being started in feather - simply not possible!

Now to address the two issues together.
Precisely because the prop is permanently linked it WILL spool up quickly. 
In order to avoid over-torquing the single shaft as the compressor accelerates, it is necessary and vital that the prop remain in Ground Fine until the engine had reached a substantial proportion of its operating regime...
"
Now you also know why the prop speed had no direct control in the cockpit - it actually only worked over a very narrow rpm range and it took its rpm cues from the geared physical relationship with the turbine RPM which was indicated as a gauge in the cockpit. 

I would suggest some more research on this before committing to a bogus patch.

And all on the development team should have the following tattooed on their foreheads:
"A Dart Is NOT a PT6"

Posted By: Delta558
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 7:08pm
https://youtu.be/FgwJWLzfQmM?t=32

A matter of a couple of seconds from prop beginning rotation to being up to speed.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 8:50pm
Hi Delta
Thanks for the video.
Your video clips illustrates exactly what I was stating in my post. A slow "spool up"
This is typical of a Dart engine. 
Snave however is  is correct, these engines could not start from a feathered position like the modern turbines eg King Air's, ATR's , Beech 1900's, Bombardiers etc.
Research on aircraft characteristics before being launched by Just Flight to the public is unfortunately not up to standard for the serious "flight simmer".
Regards

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 10:20pm
Exactly.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 10:32pm
Basically,

they've modelled a PT6

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 10:45pm
Well, now I wonder what else is incorrect? And why hasn't that been picked up for the F27, assuming it used the same defective engine modelling?
Is the WM injection working?

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 10:53pm
Just looked at the video again, and that starts in GF, but ends feathered at about 2:40. 

Yet the stopped prop is in GF... Exclamation

Posted By: CXA001
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 1:00am
In the list of features for this aircraft it indicates there is a Paint Kit for it. Where is the paint kit located or where can I download it?

Regards,

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 7:52am
The props do indeed spool up a lot faster than I thought (based on the link to that YouTube real world video clip), but it is more the smooth increase (and decrease during shutdown) that I am looking for. Hopefully, that has been adjusted since I watched the "in development" video.

Posted By: peterchambers
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 10:19am
I have only read negative comments on the HS748. I used to fly PMDG and similar and would take an hour to get off the ground. I have returned to older aircraft that do not have an FMC etc. as I now prefer archaic navigation and autopilots.

For me this offering is absolutely fine. I have not flown it enough to discover any faults yet. The VC may not be photographic but it is very clear and functional.

I would have thought that ordinary simmer who likes vintage craft would find this a worthy purchase.

Best wishes, Peter

-------------
Peter

Posted By: petesmiffy
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 12:13pm
Agree. When judged against the price, the level of simulation is perfectly acceptable. I am happy with this aircraft as it is. Yes, the start sequence isn't quite right and, hopefully, will be improved, but I'm not letting that detract from an otherwise fine simulation.

Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by petesmiffy petesmiffy wrote:

Agree. When judged against the price, the level of simulation is perfectly acceptable. I am happy with this aircraft as it is. Yes, the start sequence isn't quite right and, hopefully, will be improved, but I'm not letting that detract from an otherwise fine simulation.

Thanks for the comments, appreciated.

Posted By: PTPhreak
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 2:59pm
I also find it very good overall, im happy to have a finaly have a HS748 that works in dx10!

One thing I noticed that is incorrect is that it should be a big change of the noise when going from take off thrust to climb power, there is a lot of videos on youtube to see this, aprox at 400ft the normal procedure is to reduce to climb power, and it always result in a big change of the massive bass tone from the dart engines.

Posted By: flyforever
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 9:33pm
I still think that an option should be available for 2d windows.
tony

-------------
FV

Posted By: dbcooper
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 6:05am
Originally posted by CXA001 CXA001 wrote:

In the list of features for this aircraft it indicates there is a Paint Kit for it. Where is the paint kit located or where can I download it?

Regards,

The paint kit is on the support page... http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748" rel="nofollow - http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748

Posted By: Lewicide
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 7:08am
Just wondering when it will get it's own sub-forum ?

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 9:17am
Snave - Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into the issue.

Lewicide - I've created a HS 748 forum and moved this thread into it. As I mentioned earlier, please remember this isn't a support forum so any bug reports should be submitted to the support team via our website.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: thorsten42
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 10:12am
Hi,

I'm a big fan of the 748 and spent a lot of hours in the old free version. Overall I like the new JustFlight rendition a lot but there are some issues for a sp that I found after the first test flights...

- weird shadows on the outside plane fuselage
- night lighting for comms broken, roof panel light seems to be a little agressive and changes textures heavily even on daylight with disappearing numbers
- black hole in the comms section should be closed, but only aesthetically issue
- on the lower pedestal you use normal rocker switches for the relight but visually placed over the big holes like for the aux pump for example (aesthetic one again)  
- night and especially red cockpit lighting bleeds through on external model heavily and creates weird outside lighting
- feather pump switches behave not ok. Left does nothing, right coupled for both engines
- the prop animation is better than in the dev videos but as discussed allready it should be a little bit smoother and overall faster. The Fokker spools up nicer (but a little too fast)
- APU does no sound
- Groundsupply does no sound (on Fokker its fine I think)

Are some of the issues on the list allready or should I open tickets for them? More input/screenshots needed?

FDE seems to be ok but I'm no real world pilot. Paintkit available now. Will check that later ;)

Regarding price and what you get for it I think its ok and fair. But even for the given price I would expect a little bit more functionality in the year 2016. Not a full failure model but the darts scream for a basic understanding and correct treatment. And I remember a big chart for correct fuel trim regarding temp and alt. Spill valves set correctly? Some basic stuff like that. Some more little deepth would be really appreciated. Perhaps a Pro extension? Fokker 27 and the HS 748 are wonderful planes for the occasional simmer and short hops and would really benefit from a little more depth. No a2a or pmdg but take realair or aeosoft on the dukes and twotter. At least follow the basic steps and watch the numbers otherwise engine dies.

Cheers and Thanks
Thorsten

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 12:14pm
Hi Thorsten,

I'm not sure if they have already been reported to the support team but I'll log those issues and your feedback.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: thorsten42
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi Thorsten,

I'm not sure if they have already been reported to the support team but I'll log those issues and your feedback.

Thanks
Martyn

Perfect thanks Martyn. If you need further info or screenshots just drop me a line. Back to painting and flying this beauty ;)

Cheers
Thorsten

Posted By: dbcooper
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 9:21pm
Any of you repainters want to try an Air Inuit livery?

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 2:15am
Originally posted by dbcooper dbcooper wrote:

Regards,

The paint kit is on the support page... http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748" rel="nofollow - http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748

Found an issue with the paint kit in particular FuseA_T.psd:
1. The Misc Weathering layer is blank.
2. The Main Color layer is not the same color as the Main Color in FuseB_T.psd (This is enough to fix).
3. Missing Wear & Tear layer that seems to merged into the Details layer.

Regards,

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 8:37am
Hi Marc. I've reported the issues to the paint kit creator.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 8:48am
Originally posted by thorsten42 thorsten42 wrote:

Perfect thanks Martyn. If you need further info or screenshots just drop me a line. Back to painting and flying this beauty ;)

Cheers
Thorsten

Can you send the support team a screenshot showing this issue? - "weird shadows on the outside plane fuselage"

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 9:53am

Found an issue with the paint kit in particular FuseA_T.psd:
1. The Misc Weathering layer is blank.
2. The Main Color layer is not the same color as the Main Color in FuseB_T.psd (This is enough to fix).
3. Missing Wear & Tear layer that seems to merged into the Details layer.

Regards,

An updated paint kit which should address those issues is now available  -  http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748/274a31b" rel="nofollow - http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748/274a31b

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Martyn<font style=: rgb255, 255, 255;> Martyn wrote:

An updated paint kit which should address those issues is now available  -  http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748/274a31b" rel="nofollow - http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748/274a31b
Excellent!
Thanks for the very quick response.

Regards,

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 3:12pm
Flew it last night, very nice indeed.  Not sure if there is a difference between the 748 and the RAF Andover ( a bit longer maybe ? ) but it would be nice to have the Andover in Tan / Brown / white cabin roof livery. Oh and the Queens flight livery would be nice.

Excited to see the VC10 in development, is it being done by the GR1 / Hawk team ?

-------------
Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. Dell 32'' 4K Monitor. 2 Lazy Boyz & Lap dancing facilities.

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 9:03am
The VC-10 is not being modelled/textured by our in-house development team but there is a possibility that it might be at least partially coded by them. 

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 12:30pm
Thanks Martyn, any comment on whether there will be a RAF Andover variant of the 748 ?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 3:54pm
Hi Tim,

I'm not sure if it's been discussed internally but I'll be sure to bring up the subject.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 5:06pm
Thanks Martyn. I'l just leave these here then as re-paint fodder.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 6:34pm
The Andover was fundamentally a very different aircraft:

1: rear loading ramp, different tail configuration with greater dihedral for load clearance

2: Engines mounted further outboard to cater for larger diameter props - in turn the wingtips had 18 inches shaved off to keep overall wingspan the same. 

3: Dart RDa.12 Mk 201's 3,245 eshp instead of 2,100 eshp of the 748 Srs 2A 

4: Full reverse thrust capability

5: `Kneeling` undercarriage to tilt the floor for easier unloading

6: Overall about 11 feet longer than the Srs 2A

Given that it also had a slightly different cockpit and lever configuration, not sure how viable a request this is? Different fuselage, wings, engines, FDE and cockpit textures really means a completely separate aircraft with some common features, not a derivation.

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 7:03pm
I knew about the loading ramp and kneeling undercarriage but didn't know the rest of it, that's interesting, thanks for the info. Now you mention it, I see the rear fuselage dihedral difference. Hence being called the HS 780 then !

Oh well, maybe some keen re-painters can do the 748 in RAF colours like these, and well say no more about it! Wink

So am I correct that the RAF variant here is a 748 ?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 10:24pm
Yes, `Andover` was the generic name given to the 748/780 in military service.:

Andover C Mk 1 was the 780

Andover CC 2 was basically a 748

XS789 and the others above were Andover CC 2's  - part of a fleet of six communications and VIP variants of the 748 used by the RAF. 

The Indian Air Force were the largest users of the `military` 748 with Hindustan licence manufacturing producing 89 Srs 1 and Srs 2 aircraft, 72 of which were for the Indian military. They did not build any 780 models.

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 10:39pm
Oh and the last of the development of the platform was the BAe ATP first flown in the `80's

Darts replaced by P&W 126's, nose and tail shapes changed, extended fuselage and a slightly revised wing, with modern avionics and interiors. In all 64 were built, but the design was trounced as (was the competing Saab 2000 - 63 built) by the sucess of the Dash 8 and ATR 72 designs, and by the rise of the Regional Jet (CRJ and ERJ) 

Posted By: Paul Golding
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 5:12pm
.....a veritable goldmine of information

It's not until I saw those pictures that I realised the difference between the 748 and 780.....in fact I didn't know the military version was called a 780, just that there was some kind of difference.

I don't quite know why, but I always thought the ATP kind of just looked 'right'. Mind you, I think the same about the 727, 757 and A300. Oh, and the Hunter. Actually I should stop there (no idea where that ramble came from). The more I think about it, quite a lot of aircraft 'just look right'.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 5:44pm
As R.J. Mitchell said about the Spitfire "If it looks right, it is right"

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 10:37pm
Burt Rutan would be the designer to disagree with that.
But I still think the 780 was the best looking of the bunch.

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 9:01am
Is there any chance of a demo version of the HS748? I would really like to be able to check this aircraft out before I make a purchase decision. Turboprops are fickle beasts in P3D/FSX, so I need to know if I can handle it!

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:42am
I would be interested to know the runway performance of the JustFlight HS748 @ 66% fuel and zero cargo/passengers. Is it able to operate from hard runways of 2000 feet with this configuration, or is that pushing the boat out just a bit too far?

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Christopher Low Christopher Low wrote:

Is there any chance of a demo version of the HS748? I would really like to be able to check this aircraft out before I make a purchase decision. Turboprops are fickle beasts in P3D/FSX, so I need to know if I can handle it!

We're currently getting the aircraft updated for P3D v4 and we'll certainly look at producing a demo version after that work is complete.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: ScottecLEMD
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 4:54pm
I'd like to see an ATP. Still a bunch flying, mainly as freighters. Enigma had a model for FSX but lacked a virtual cockpit.

-------------
Kenneth Brattey

Posted By: rodders1947
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 6:43am
Having flown on this aircraft in the Yukon with Air North, in Canada, all I can say is that it was a wonderful experience, and very much like flying this superb simulator well done guys/gals

-------------
Ex A/C mechanic heathrow

Print Page | Close Window