Forum Name: DH.104 Dove & Devon
Forum Description: Discussion area for DH.104 Dove & Devon
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30591
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 11:37pm

Topic: DH.104 FDE questions
Posted By: WarHorse47
Subject: DH.104 FDE questions
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 3:51am
Finally got the DH.104 this afternoon after watching a few videos on YouTube and reading forum posts. Very, very nice.

One thing I typically do with my FSXA aircraft is modify the [fltsim.x] entries in the aircraft.cfg for a more realistic callsign, flight number and airlines. It helps to master EditVoicePack for this, of course.

Since the FDE manager permits the selection of Standard, Alternate and Original flight dynamics, can someone explain some of the subtle differences?

And if I make entries to the [fltsim.x] sections or even add a new texture, what happens when I change the FDE selection? Do I have to duplicate the entries in the other aircraft.cfg files?

Thought I'd ask before rolling up my sleeves and doing any creative editing.

Thanks in advance

--WH

Replies:
Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 10:42am
The FDE versions are briefly described on the update page. Standard is the recommended FDE. I can't see any reason not to use that.

No, you don't need additional fltsim.x entries for the various FDE options. The optional FDE selector takes care of it all for you.

Posted By: WarHorse47
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 2:53pm
Thanks for the explanation.

--WH

Posted By: ilgrillo
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 8:10am
EDIT:
I'm currently away from my pc. I don't know where I can find the FDE selector or manager. (I purchased the DOVE yesterday)

Ok, I found it. It's an external program installed with the aircraft.

Print Page | Close Window