Print Page | Close Window

DH DOVE?

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: DH.104 Dove & Devon
Forum Description: Discussion area for DH.104 Dove & Devon
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28372
Printed Date: 23 Aug 2019 at 8:29pm


Topic: DH DOVE?
Posted By: pomak249
Subject: DH DOVE?
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 11:06am
Hi Peeps,

Any news on a release date for the DH Dove? I'm getting fidgety Wink

Mick



Replies:
Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 4:02pm
No definite date yet Mick.

We're working on it though, rest assured.

Sorry can't give you a firm date.


Posted By: JohnBoy
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 11:32am
Couldn't agree more. I fly the BBMF Dacota (ZA 947) and try ti mimic it's rw flying. So during the winter it gets serviced. I need to keep up my multi engine flying hours so was really excited when I saw that the devon was coming. But now I, like you, am getting really figity. Beechcraft Baron 58 not the same as vintage stuff. But guess we'll have to wait because Just Flight will not release untill it matches the exacting standards which we have come to expect.
John Boy


Posted By: Capt Pugwash
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 8:32am
Will this get released this side of Crimbo? 😀

-------------
i7 930 @4.3, GTX970-4gb, 1TB EVO SSD, H100i Water-cooler, 12gb ram, Win7 64bit, Warthog Hotas, Saitek pedals & panels...


Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 7:34pm
Yes that's the aim Capt P, well before Christmas hopefully.




Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 10:11pm
Good to know. I'm really looking forward to the Dove.


Posted By: pomak249
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 11:54am
Come on guys stop teasing Cry


Posted By: JohnBoy
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 12:10pm
I have opened the 9th window on my advent calendar, but still no Dove. Before Christmas? Which one?
John


Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 2:20pm
We received a new build yesterday which should hopefully be the final one. Once our testing team has confirmed that (hopefully this evening or tomorrow morning) then we will be getting it on sale very shortly thereafter Thumbs Up 

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd


Posted By: Capt Pugwash
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 11:07pm
Looking forwards to this one

-------------
i7 930 @4.3, GTX970-4gb, 1TB EVO SSD, H100i Water-cooler, 12gb ram, Win7 64bit, Warthog Hotas, Saitek pedals & panels...


Posted By: JohnBoy
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 5:47pm
???????????????


Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 10:10am
A new build is being checked this morning. The aim is still for a pre-Christmas release but it'll be ready when it's ready Thumbs Up

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd


Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 3:42pm
Fingers crossed......

Is the Dove coming with a paintkit? I would like to make an RAE raspberry ripple Devon.

Kevin


Posted By: pomak249
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 10:09am
No Xmas present then guys?

Maybe New Year instead?

MERRY XMAS


Posted By: cyberpilot
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 7:10pm
I would be interested to know why Just Flight is dragging the chain on releasing this product.
On June 19 Aeroplane Heaven posted on Facebook that beta testing had finished and it would likely be released early in July.
Here we are almost in 2016 and still no sign of it.
Clearly there is more to this than meets the eye and Just Flight owe us all a credible explanation.
No more fob offs please!

-------------
Frank


Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 1:23pm
Cyberpilot & others,

Firstly apologies for the delay of the much anticipated DH Dove. Here at Just Flight we were as eager as you to see it released pre-Christmas and had believed this would be the case as everything was gearing up to make that happen.

Unfortunately nothing in life is certain and there were more last minutes issues that simply have to be addressed prior to release. The dev was unable to do that work to enable us to release before Christmas due to other work commitments hence the subsequent delay.

That in simple terms is it.  We hope to get the work done, tested, approved and the product released as early as we can in January.  No guarantees but that's the current plan.

Yes the wait can be painful, it does us no favours either and we are sorry that it is delayed, but we have to do our utmost to ensure the product is to the highest possible standard when released and if that means further delays then so be it.

We hope it will be worth the wait. I'd just say take our word for it, the reasoning is sound here, of that you can be assured.

I hope that helps and gives a bit of detail that you require.  It's certainly no fob off, Cyberpilot.

Thanks.



Posted By: pomak249
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 2:55pm
No problem with that here guys - cant wait to add it to my fleet reckon it'll become my favourite - Happy New Year


Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 11:29am
The Dove/Devon is now available:  http://www.justflight.com/product/dh104-dove-and-devon" rel="nofollow - http://www.justflight.com/product/dh104-dove-and-devon

Enjoy Thumbs Up



-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd


Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

The Dove/Devon is now available:  http://www.justflight.com/product/dh104-dove-and-devon" rel="nofollow - http://www.justflight.com/product/dh104-dove-and-devon

Enjoy Thumbs Up


Well worth the wait. Installing it as I write.

A minor piece of pedantry and something easy to fix. The website (and presumably the manual) talks about the RAF and RN versions being the Devon C20. The RN Sea Devons were indeed the C20, but the RAF versions were the Devon C1 and Devon C2.

Cheers,

Kevin


Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 5:11pm
Kevin, thanks for the information, much appreciated, we'll update that on the site.


Posted By: andresico
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 9:27am
I havent bought it and wont do so untill I see that this release is relatively bug-free. I dont want another Electra experience.
But I will buy it.

I have one question. I dont know if I need to clean my glasses and my pc screen, but the textures on the new screenshots look very dull and flat. i remember them as being more shiny and "alive"
any comments on that?
Andrés 


Posted By: ATL98A
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 5:26am
Have just purchased the Dove out of sentimentality. Not quite sure just yet. Take off performance not quite as I remember.........Manifold, instead of Boost gauges. Cockpit a wee bit clinical. Perhaps I am being a tad picky, it is only a game after all.......but generally a reasonable release.


Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 10:41pm
The Devons have boost gauges and darker grey panel paintwork.

What is the problem with takeoff performance. Too good or not good enough?

I find the autopilot very sluggish in pitch, far too easy to dial in too much pitch angle demand and then it overshoots. Roll seems OK. But of course I have no idea how well the original worked so it might be correct.

Kevin


Posted By: ATL98A
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 6:10am
Good question! My "sentimentality", and affection for the Dove originates in the '70's. I flew two types of Dove, the 1B, and the 6. To be more precise the Dove 6 that I flew on several occasions was in fact G-BBYA. The last time being December 12, 1977, according to my log book it was a "period" check by a another pilot. But I digress. I understand, and agree that time does play tricks, but I seem to remember the take-off run being a little more lively on the 6 than in the JF version Dove. I should imagine nothing like as good as the Dove 8, or Devon. In fact I have in the last 2 days found my old Dove checklist in a box in the shed........one that I liberated from Fairflight one day at Biggin Hill. Enjoy your Dove, she was a beautiful, and forgiving aeroplane.

Perhaps some FSX artist would care to create the "Riley Keegan Dove".......now that in its time was little pocket rocket!


Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 9:50am
Quote but the textures on the new screenshots look very dull and flat

Which new screenshots are you referring to? The textures/liveries haven't been made less shiny or more flat.



-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd


Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 10:01am
It was a daft question really as the JF Dove seems very slow to accelerate.

I'm not a pilot so I never flew one, but I have been flown in a few. The RAE used them as communication aircraft between the various sites and while working there I got a few trips in the Devon between Farnborough and Bedford. Pure joy, so when this addon showed up as under development it was a must have. All I need is the RAE raspberry ripple livery. If I could work out the paint kit I would paint it myself.

Cheers

Kevin


Posted By: Bobcat
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 4:49pm
A lot of people have commented saying the Dove was a forgiving and docile aircraft to fly, but I am finding it very difficult to control in FSX at the moment, so I think the flight dynamics definitely need a tweek. 

It certainly seems to alter pitch too strongly on its own, and is hard to keep in level flight.  I would expect nose up with power and speed, and nose down with power off and speed dropping, but it exhibits exactly the opposite of this behaviour at the moment, to quite some degree.  I have been in a few deep tail end stalls at low speed that I have not been able to recover from, and when picking up speed it then wants to nose down very strongly.

I have raised a report so that the developers can have a look at tweaking it.  They will put it right at the first service pack I am sure.

As for the paint - I have looked at nearly all of the liveries now.  The external modelling and paintwork are exquisite, but I agree, whilst the windows are quite reflective, the paintwork does seem to lack the right amount of glint or reflection making them look flat, matt effect, and a little 2D. 

Some modellers overdo it on reflection, such as PMDG in my opinion, but this is a little too much the other way.  I use DX10 and have turned on SweetFX2 again to try to to put some life in, but whilst bloom is there off the white surfaces, reflection is very little. 

Like I say, most releases these days require a service pack and I am sure the developers will make it better.  It is a great model that's for sure.


Posted By: andresico
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 9:10am
How does the Dove react when in level cruising  you lower the power and let it loose altitude.
Does it build up speed and level out by itself or does it just continue going down faster and faster?

My comments about textures are as Bobcat wrote, but since i havent bought this addon, I only referring to screenshots. But nice to get a comment. 

At this moment I´m on standby with this one. All the comments on trim here and on other forums make me wait. 
The AeroplaneHeaven/ Justflight Electra has issues with the trim as well. It can be made slightly better fidling with the Aircraft.cfg but it will never be a level flyer and always require yoke corrections or autopilot. Since there are many other things to like in the Electra I accept some of its issues as it is now after service pack 3 and I use it now and then. Before sp3 I never flew it.


Posted By: Christopher Low
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 9:22am
Surely all aircraft would start to "nose up" when speed increases?


Posted By: Bobcat
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 11:29am
Originally posted by andresico andresico wrote:

How does the Dove react when in level cruising  you lower the power and let it loose altitude.
Does it build up speed and level out by itself or does it just continue going down faster and faster?

That is the thing.  At the moment it noses up quite badly with power off which brings on the stall really quickly.  it then goes in to tail first deep stall which is very hard to recover from, even with full power and full nose down elevator deflection.  

I pride myself on not having prangs in FSX.  Like most experienced users/flyers, I can land anything given a few minutes to test handling and speed range behaviour, but I had the Dove tail first into the runway on my first 2 attempts!  I am wondering if it is a balance thing more than flight dynamics, but I am not an expert on these things.  

Like I say, the developers need a chance to sort it out.  I love the aircraft in general but I just want it made more 'flyable'.


Posted By: Ianbr
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 8:23pm
Hi all
I have to admit I enjoy flying the Dove/Devon . I noted your question Re Boost Guages, I have The Pilots Manual, Last update28.3.84. It mentions that in some aircraft the Boost Guages may be replaced by Manifold Pressure Guages. So this RAF Devon C2 may have been this way at sometime.
   If you fly by FRCs Boost pressure X 2 is added to 30 for an approximate translation to Manifold Pressure.
        Going to enjoy another flight this Evening
IanBr


Posted By: Ianbr
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 9:19pm
Hi all, just finished an evenings flying and have found the above problems mentioned in Aircraft Handling.
 I did however note on this trip poor acceleration on take off with flaps one notch down. On looking at the flap lever i did notice it was indicating 50, and full flap 100. According to FRC one notch should be 20 deg of flap. Full flap should be 60 deg and used only for fields under 4000ft. Also I did feel that the C of G under full load was possibly far out. Also with it left at defaults it is overloaded yet the Devon is rated to a book figure of 9150lbs.


Posted By: Bobcat
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 10:14pm
Yes, it is not the best aircraft to fly at the moment; it needs some work, but I am sure they will get on top of it.

I took the Heron for a spin today to compare, and whilst it does wander a bit vertically, it is a lot more stable and nicer to fly, and I can trim it up fairly well.

Judging by the look of the Heron windows and the fairly non-reflective finish paint textures, it looks like it was made by the same developer.  The model and virtual cockpit are a lot better on the Dove though, so it just shows how things have moved on in terms of standards.  I just wonder if there was a decent beta-tester on the Dove flight dynamics, as the issues were apparent to me within a matter of seconds.


Posted By: andresico
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 4:00pm
Beta testing... The Justflight/Aeroplane heaven Lockheed Electra was published with 3 out of 3 navigation instruments non-funcional. And it took 3 servicepacks to get them fixed. So thats the standard.

Has anyone tried using the aircraft.cfg and airfile from the freeware Devon:
http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_lib/thumbnails.php?album=13" rel="nofollow - http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_lib/thumbnails.php?album=13


Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 4:36pm
Thanks for all of the feedback so far. It has all been reported to the developer. Please continue to report any issues you encounter to the support team.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd


Posted By: ATL98A
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 5:37pm
Thanks for the info. The Dove's that I flew for real had Boost, including G-BBYA. Despite having served in the RAF, in the '60's, and '70's, I never at any time came into contact with a Devon. Thanks for the reminder, but I was aware of the PSI/Hg comparison.


Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Ianbr Ianbr wrote:

Hi all
I have to admit I enjoy flying the Dove/Devon . I noted your question Re Boost Guages, I have The Pilots Manual, Last update28.3.84. It mentions that in some aircraft the Boost Guages may be replaced by Manifold Pressure Guages. So this RAF Devon C2 may have been this way at sometime.
   If you fly by FRCs Boost pressure X 2 is added to 30 for an approximate translation to Manifold Pressure.
        Going to enjoy another flight this Evening
IanBr

I would have thought manifold pressure gauges were more likely to have been fitted by US customers.

Kevin


Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Ianbr Ianbr wrote:

Hi all, just finished an evenings flying and have found the above problems mentioned in Aircraft Handling.
 I did however note on this trip poor acceleration on take off with flaps one notch down. On looking at the flap lever i did notice it was indicating 50, and full flap 100. According to FRC one notch should be 20 deg of flap. Full flap should be 60 deg and used only for fields under 4000ft. Also I did feel that the C of G under full load was possibly far out. Also with it left at defaults it is overloaded yet the Devon is rated to a book figure of 9150lbs.

In the aircraft.cfg file flap position 1 is 20 deg and flap position 2 is 60 deg. That's what matters. The flap lever tooltip seems to be showing percentage lever movement.

CG is about 20% as loaded by default. The biggest influence is the 64 kg baggage. What is CG limit in the pilot's manual? If it is too far aft it could well cause pitch stability problems.


Posted By: Ianbr
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 7:01pm
This is direct from the Devon C2 Manual and may not be a lot of use,. The Datum is indicated by a plate on the port side of the fuselage 2.60 feet aft of the forward levelling peg.
Forward Limit:
(Item 1) At 9150 lbs - 2.46 inches Forward of Datum

(Item 2) Up to 8625 lbs - 3.70 Inches Forward of Datum
A note for for Item 1 and 2 says Varies linearly for intermediate wheights.

Aft Limit - 7.20 Inches aft of Datum

To keep within the above limitations it may be necessary to carry ballast and to limit the passenger/fuel carried.


Sorry it is the only information in the Devon C 2 Aircrew Manual. Ian Br


Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Bobcat Bobcat wrote:

That is the thing.  At the moment it noses up quite badly with power off which brings on the stall really quickly.  it then goes in to tail first deep stall which is very hard to recover from, even with full power and full nose down elevator deflection.  

I pride myself on not having prangs in FSX.  Like most experienced users/flyers, I can land anything given a few minutes to test handling and speed range behaviour, but I had the Dove tail first into the runway on my first 2 attempts!  I am wondering if it is a balance thing more than flight dynamics, but I am not an expert on these things.  

Like I say, the developers need a chance to sort it out.  I love the aircraft in general but I just want it made more 'flyable'.

That's strange. I see the Dove nose down with a power reduction from a trimmed level flight condition.  It seems to me the real problem is pitch instability. If you pitch up slightly and release the controls from a trimmed condition the aircraft should go into a phugoid oscillation. The speed should reduce then the nose drops causing speed to increase and so on.  The JF Dove just diverges, slowing down and pitching up, eventually stalling. It's not a sim you can fly hands off for any length of time. Things get worse if you try the autopilot as that can't keep up with the pitch instability either.

Kevin


Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Ianbr Ianbr wrote:

This is direct from the Devon C2 Manual and may not be a lot of use,. The Datum is indicated by a plate on the port side of the fuselage 2.60 feet aft of the forward levelling peg.
Forward Limit:
(Item 1) At 9150 lbs - 2.46 inches Forward of Datum

(Item 2) Up to 8625 lbs - 3.70 Inches Forward of Datum
A note for for Item 1 and 2 says Varies linearly for intermediate wheights.

Aft Limit - 7.20 Inches aft of Datum

To keep within the above limitations it may be necessary to carry ballast and to limit the passenger/fuel carried.


Sorry it is the only information in the Devon C 2 Aircrew Manual. Ian Br

Thanks Ian,

It would be enough if we knew where the datum was. It's academic really as what counts in FSX is how the CG is defined in the aircraft.cfg file. In this case the datum is at the default position for FSX (25% MAC) and the load station positions seem reasonable.

Kevin


Posted By: Ianbr
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 10:04pm
Just completed a short Circuit, removed baggage and all passengers, she seemed much improved on the handling side and also was able to use full flaps for the arrival. It may well be that the cg for some reason is moving too far aft. I shall try a few more flights over the weekend putting passengers back on board which should move it back aft. Of course when I was having problems I may have been mishandling her. Still like her though.
 I may try altering her to C2 spec at some point.
Happy Flying Ian Br


Posted By: be77solo
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 1:37am
I too think it's a CG problem, as when unloaded she handles nicely without any trim or control issues.

Seems the load is too far aft, even when under gross weight. Makes the Dove fly very unstable.

Not sure where to share this so support sees it, but definitely seems like the problem.

Also, over on AVSIM it was noted that the startup engine sounds are missing... they are referenced in the sound cfg file, but don't actually get installed in the released version.

Great plane though! Thanks JF!


Posted By: andresico
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 8:50am
Its very easy to make support se your suggestions. Send a ticket to justflight. They actually want you to do so and have said so various times on different forums. 



Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by be77solo be77solo wrote:

I too think it's a CG problem, as when unloaded she handles nicely without any trim or control issues.

Seems the load is too far aft, even when under gross weight. Makes the Dove fly very unstable.

Not sure where to share this so support sees it, but definitely seems like the problem.

Also, over on AVSIM it was noted that the startup engine sounds are missing... they are referenced in the sound cfg file, but don't actually get installed in the released version.

Great plane though! Thanks JF!

Unloading the plane might make it easier to fly, but it's still longitudinally unstable with the CG as far forward as it will go. That should not be the case and it indicates a problem with the AIR file.

Edit 1:

I've just had a look in the AIR file and table 473 (CM v  AOA) is missing. That could explain a lot.

Edit 2:

I experimentally added table 473 to the Dove AIR file, copied and pasted from the default DC-3 AIR file. A quick flight test shows this makes the Dove stable in pitch (it tries to return to the trimmed speed if disturbed). It should improve handling a lot. This is a rough and ready solution, but it works.

Kevin


Posted By: johnwillimas
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by kevinh kevinh wrote:

Originally posted by be77solo be77solo wrote:

I too think it's a CG problem, as when unloaded she handles nicely without any trim or control issues.

Seems the load is too far aft, even when under gross weight. Makes the Dove fly very unstable.

Not sure where to share this so support sees it, but definitely seems like the problem.

Also, over on AVSIM it was noted that the startup engine sounds are missing... they are referenced in the sound cfg file, but don't actually get installed in the released version.

Great plane though! Thanks JF!

Unloading the plane might make it easier to fly, but it's still longitudinally unstable with the CG as far forward as it will go. That should not be the case and it indicates a problem with the AIR file.

Edit 1:

I've just had a look in the AIR file and table 473 (CM v  AOA) is missing. That could explain a lot.

Edit 2:

I experimentally added table 473 to the Dove AIR file, copied and pasted from the default DC-3 AIR file. A quick flight test shows this makes the Dove stable in pitch (it tries to return to the trimmed speed if disturbed). It should improve handling a lot. This is a rough and ready solution, but it works.

Kevin



Thanks for this. I tried it myself and it certainly makes for a more flyable plane, though whether its more realistic, I couldn't say.


Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 5:07pm
John,

The Dove is renowned to be a forgiving aircraft and it's a very conventional design so it's highly unlikely the real thing was unstable in pitch.

I think most AIR files use similar numbers in this table. Obviously you could experiment with different data.

Kevin


Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 11:11am
Just a quick note about the Dove - thanks to all who have purchased it.  We are indeed working on a service pack to address the reported issues. Thanks to everyone who has sent their feedback to us and we hope to have news on the service pack soon.




Posted By: Svengali
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:46pm
I'm glad I spotted your post. I'm experiencing the same issues in P3D v3. It is hell to control, changing pitch simply at random almost. Straight and level is almost impossible. The biggest problem is takeoff - with or without flaps - it simply climbs at an ever increasing angle and into a stall unless I push well forward with the yoke; then, suddenly, it seems to relax the required amount of initial forward pressure.
Agree on the paint jobs too. At first I thought it was my settings given some of the screenshots in the advertising material and manual;but, no, it's the Dove's lack of reflection.
Hoping for an update soon as it's not really making me happy yet, despite loving the modelling.


Posted By: thefrog
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:32pm
I submitted a support ticket a few days ago but have had no response or acknowledgement yet. In case it's not been received here are my notes as I made them, just for the  record:

Manual:
I'm confused about the different versions: the Mk2 has a transparent cockpit roof and cockscomb aerial. The BOAC version has these features but is described as an early Mk 6 on p8 under Liveries and on p62 in the tutorial and in the aircraft selection list in P3D.

Flying the Dove in P3D v2.5:
Elevator trim setting for take-off: I crashed the first two times on climb-out (!) because the trim was at 0 as I was following the checklist in the manual. I have found it needs to be at least around minus 4 to 5  to stop the aircraft stalling.

As others have found, it's generally unstable in pitch. It is very difficult to trim for straight and level flight. I have slightly improved this by increasing Elevator effectiveness and Pitch Stability in the aircraft.cfg file to 2.0.

The Dove gains and loses airspeed very quickly when climbing and descending, and with full flap on the approach: is this a feature of the actual aircraft?

Sound:
Missing engine start-up sound. As others have suggested, I corrected this by adding freeware sounds and renaming them.

Cruise sound:
While flying in the vc, if I go to exterior view and then back to the vc, the engine sound has completely changed (corrected if throttles are moved a fraction).

I'm wondering how these things were missed in all the beta testing that must have been done!


Posted By: andresico
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 8:19am
I simply dont get what is going on with Justflight/aeroplane Heaven. 



Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:27am
Originally posted by andresico andresico wrote:

I simply dont get what is going on with Justflight/aeroplane Heaven. 


I can try to help. What do you mean by that exactly?


Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:32am
Originally posted by thefrog thefrog wrote:

I submitted a support ticket a few days ago but have had no response or acknowledgement yet. In case it's not been received here are my notes as I made them, just for the  record:

Manual:
I'm confused about the different versions: the Mk2 has a transparent cockpit roof and cockscomb aerial. The BOAC version has these features but is described as an early Mk 6 on p8 under Liveries and on p62 in the tutorial and in the aircraft selection list in P3D.

Flying the Dove in P3D v2.5:
Elevator trim setting for take-off: I crashed the first two times on climb-out (!) because the trim was at 0 as I was following the checklist in the manual. I have found it needs to be at least around minus 4 to 5  to stop the aircraft stalling.

As others have found, it's generally unstable in pitch. It is very difficult to trim for straight and level flight. I have slightly improved this by increasing Elevator effectiveness and Pitch Stability in the aircraft.cfg file to 2.0.

The Dove gains and loses airspeed very quickly when climbing and descending, and with full flap on the approach: is this a feature of the actual aircraft?

Sound:
Missing engine start-up sound. As others have suggested, I corrected this by adding freeware sounds and renaming them.

Cruise sound:
While flying in the vc, if I go to exterior view and then back to the vc, the engine sound has completely changed (corrected if throttles are moved a fraction).

I'm wondering how these things were missed in all the beta testing that must have been done!

When you submit a ticket you should receive an acknowledgement email almost immediately. Are you saying you've not seen that reply also?


Posted By: johnwillimas
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Voice of Reason Voice of Reason wrote:

When you submit a ticket you should receive an acknowledgement email almost immediately. Are you saying you've not seen that reply also?

I've submitted three (I think) support tickets on the Dove and I haven't seen any acknowledgement emails. I think there might be a blip in your ticketing system.


Posted By: johnwillimas
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Voice of Reason Voice of Reason wrote:

When you submit a ticket you should receive an acknowledgement email almost immediately. Are you saying you've not seen that reply also?


I've submitted 3 (I think) support requests on the Dove and not seen any acknowledgement emails. If these are meant to go out automatically, I think that system must be broken.




Posted By: Simon73
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by johnwillimas johnwillimas wrote:

Originally posted by Voice of Reason Voice of Reason wrote:

When you submit a ticket you should receive an acknowledgement email almost immediately. Are you saying you've not seen that reply also?


I've submitted 3 (I think) support requests on the Dove and not seen any acknowledgement emails. If these are meant to go out automatically, I think that system must be broken.




Perhaps it had been filtered in your junk mail or spam folder? Would you be so kind as to send it to our email address orders@justflight.com?

We can then forward it to our support team for you.

-------------
Just Flight / Just Trains Customer Service Staff



Print Page | Close Window