Forum Description: Discussion area for the Tornado GR1
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27112
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 5:45pm

Topic: Tornado GR1 framerate issue
Posted By: Gixxuki
Subject: Tornado GR1 framerate issue
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 3:58pm
Hey guys,

i've got a massive framerate issue when i load the GR1. I can fly the PMDG with a constant framerate of about 30fps. But when i load the Tornado with the same settings the fps drop down to 5-max 10. Is anybody else having this problem? I think this can't be normal because the canberra is running so smooth. I was really excited about the release but at the moment it's unplayable for me. Cry

Greetings

Replies:
Posted By: gjharrall
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:56pm
Same issue here.  Max 16 FPS in VC.

Complete stutter fest and not at all happy with the pre-purchase. Should have known better.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:57pm
Will add that my PC is 4.6 ghz 2600k with a GTX 770 and 8GB of RAM.

Posted By: Hulmelad
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:17pm
I am afraid you can count me in on this as well, I am getting FRPS at 4 to 8 in the VC front and back, if I go outside I get about 10 to 12 frames...

Strangely if I stay outside and re-load the aircraft I then get 28 to 35 frames but as soon as i enter the VC they drop back to 4 to 8, after the VC the outside frames drop back to 10 to 12.

Unfortunately this has rendered what looks a fantastic model unusable Cry  

Posted By: Steve M
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:30pm
Me too,

I've waited a long time for this one and bitterly disappointed. Intel i7 3770k running at 4.5 ghz, GTX970 4gb graphics and 8 gig of RAM. Lovely model but the same low frame rate issue as above.

Steve M

Posted By: RemcovanR
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:31pm
So, count me in as well... In my case FSX crashes even before it has fully made the startup of the GR1. It comes up to 86% and then... CRASH. "My computer has ran out of memory".

For a fact I've recently reinstalled my pc, so this wouldn't happen. This is the fourth time in a row that JF products have failed me. Still, I'm pretty sure the support team will solve these issues. After all, we've invested in this product so JF could make a perfect GR1

-------------
Regards, Remco

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:47pm
I have looked at the manual on page 97 and put into place the VC frame rate fix by clicking no back seat and the 1024 textures but I am sad to say that it has made little if any improvement Cry

Posted By: miragecy
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:57pm
I have a frame rate issue as well... The only aircraft in my hangar in which FPS drop below 30 and I  have almost every high quality payware aircraft... Fantastic aircraft though, very realistically and very high quality made... I'm sure the team will solve this issue!

Andy

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 6:13pm
So, like Hulmelad, changed the framerate by choosing 1024 textures (standard) and kicked the backseat out. Now it does run, but with huge framerate issues. JF, please respond to this discussion

-------------
Regards, Remco

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 6:21pm
Guys, are you able to raise the landing gear? I cannot Confused

Andy

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 6:39pm
I can confirm that the gear works for me 😊 I have been flying it quite well from the outside,not ideal I know but if I stay away from the VC my frames around default scenery is 30+, using F5 through F8 to work the flaps and wing sweep

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 6:58pm
Removing the back seat cockpit option has done nothing for FPS on my setup. The textures were already set at 1024 on my installation.

This release was clearly not ready for prime time as these FPS issues are so obvious. Its not even close to usable in its current form.

Lets be upfront here.....this is not a 'cheap' priced addon and it should not be this plagued with performance issues on its 1st day of release.

The savings on the pre-pay suckered me into this purchase along with my love of the Tornado. Heart ruled head clearly on hitting the 'buy' button unfortunately.

Posted By: MartinW
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 7:03pm
http://www.justflight.com/support

Hi chaps, have any of you asked for support. That's the eay to go.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Yep, ticket already submitted.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 7:15pm
Yes, made a ticket about two hours ago. JF office hours... So response will be tomorrow. But forum helps to understand the issues better

-------------
Regards, Remco

Posted By: neilintheus
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 7:38pm
Same issue here. However when I choose front cockpit only, which to be honest I shouldn't need to do, the rear cockpit still seems to be there.

Re-loaded the Canberra demo file to see if that had issues, and no 25-30 fps without a problem :(

Maybe I'll get a refund and buy the Canberra as I should have done months ago.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Hi I will indeed be doing, I thought I would try to get to grip with the problem fully so I can make reasonable description of the issues I am having, please do not think any of my previous posts are in anger, I owe Justflight and the developer the courtesy of making sure that nothing is wrong with my FSX/PC set up before going for support, it looks like the problem is with the VC for me at least,even at UK2000/Orbx and Aerosoft airfields I am getting 30+ frames providing I go outside the aircraft and then reload

Posted By: whiskylima
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 8:07pm
I have just had a quick flight around the Mach loop in the Tornado. I am using Prepar3d v2.5 on an i7 4900k and an nvidia 970gtx with 16 GB of ram. The scenery is Horizon Generation X and while I am getting between 16 - 22 fps, the aircraft is very flyable with only a slight stutter evident. Not as smooth as the Canberra or some other aircraft, but nevertheless I do not think it is as bad as has been suggested.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 8:14pm
I have only have an i5 and lower spec NVidia card to play with. For me it is as bad as is been made out. 9fps in the cockpit is bad.

Please respect what people are saying. We're not lacking in intelligence or else we wouldn't be politely asking for help.

Btw I have submitted a ticket.

Posted By: Pip B
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 8:25pm
Hi, ticket submitted, frame rate 8.0 to 8.5 does not appear to change much with reducing the scenery detail or removing the back seat option. I fear that while my system runs the Majestic  Q400 ,Aerosofts A320 and the Canbera at usable FPS, unless a miracle occurs,my system is not going to get to a usable FPS .
Hoping for a miracle Smile

P3D v 2.5 current version
Latest Nvidia Drivers

Posted By: Fox18e
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 11:54pm
Same here , terrible frame rates, unusable.
Moving forward, I don't know about this "pre-paid" thing.

Posted By: captain vodka
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 11:56pm
6-8 fps !!!   Absolutely ridiculous!

JF must of known about the ridiculously low fps on this model prior to release. Im running and overclocked i7 at 4.5ghz. I get 30fps constant with carenado's Phenom on orbx Scenery on Max. That model is known to be a frame hugger but nothing like this!

I would really like to know the test rates that this model achieved during beta phase and on what machine?

and out of memory everytime! WTF

Some honesty Just Flight!

seriously annoyed!

back to the drawing board children!

Posted By: Fox18e
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:51am
To be clear, I did not pre-pay for the Tornado after disappointments around other FSX pre paid products. You wonder where pre-paid dollars go. Guess it's only implied they go toward a "finished" product at release. Hope there's a fix that makes this product usable.

Posted By: Paul Golding
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 1:48am
Give JF a chance to look into the issue.  I've been using the release candidate beta in MS-FSX again this evening, and am quite happily flying around ORBX Scotland with real weather and am rarely getting the fps below 30 (set to unlimited).  And that's on a 2 year old PC.

I haven't had a chance to try the release version yet.

It's obvious that something is wrong for some people, but comments like "This release was clearly not ready for prime time as these FPS issues are so obvious." aren't deserved at all.  If there was an obvious issue with the release candidate, the beta testers would've said.

Also, I suggest that when posting in the forum or submitting a ticket, everyone is very specific about the model, airport, load configuration etc.  Beta testers can then see what's being reported and try and replicate it; helps with finding a cause of the problem.

Posted By: BBCM
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 3:08am
No, something is definitely wrong: 10 fps in the pit and mid teens fps outside. And this with my I5-2500K and EVGA GTX 770 SC. 

But two other beta testers over at SOH, both also still running the RC, reported no particular FPS problem whatsoever, and one of them had a system almost identical to mine.

This makes me think that in the rush to get the plane out, something wasn't packed correctly in the release installer. 

Oh well, even in its present low fps state, the plane is certainly addictive to play with, and has the promise of being a classic once fixed. 

Hopefully this will get sorted out soon.

Thanks - Rob

Posted By: PVI_Eagle
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 6:03am
Terrible frame rate , i NOT recommend the purchase of this plane , until a dedicated patch....

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 6:42am
Support ticket submitted, hopefully the issues can be resolved. Far too many for it to be a problem with an individual system

Steve M

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 7:18am
Outside of this forum I'm keeping quiet. The Tornado launch is a big deal for JF, that much is obvious and I am assuming when this is fixed the final version will be an awesome plane deserving of significant praise.

If JF get this sorted asap, then we can all move on and start doing what I intend to do, fulfilling the dream of flying the first plane I built using an Airfix kit (albeit virtual).

Posted By: Blaunarwal
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 8:05am
Hi all

I also can confirm, stutters are back in P3D2. I can fly well most of time. From time to time the sim has more load and I get some stutters (still less than in FSX). I can imagine, this aircraft is not good for use in FSX in heavy scenery. It seems to be a very complex simulation and I expected it to be very demanding. So I don't cry. 

What I also found on my first flight with ASSTA3, landing is difficult, since the ground effect seems to be too strong. The aircraft will not touch ground for long time and jump in the air again and again after touching ground. So the flight model needs some work too. 

Overall the aircraft looks awesome.

Also we know since years, that we're beeing abused as free beta testers. Wink I hope my bought will fund further improvments of this wonderful aircraft.

Dan

My specs.

i7 3770K 3.5GHz OC to 4.5GHz, 16 GB, DDR3-1600, Asus Sabertooth Z77, LGA1155, PCI-E 3.0, SATA II 2x1TB Western Digital Caviar Black, 7200rpm, 64MB, SATA III 1x500GB 1x 1TB SAMSUNG SSDs, Asus GTX-770 DirectCU II 2GB GDDR5, Win7/64 SP1

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 8:19am
Hi Dan, I don't think the flight model needs work, just pay attention to your speed and angle of attack... 

Andy

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 8:24am
As I understand it (as someone completely unqualified in such matters) the Tornado is a bugger to get down and that's why it has the lift dump feature. Did you enable this with the throttle rocker?

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 8:27am
Dan this might give you some insight into the business of landing a Tornado

https://assets.digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk/media/5422eb7f40f0b6134200007f/Tornado_GR4A__ZA_371_06-09.pdf

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 8:55am
Thanks for the hints on landing the Tornado. I will give a try this evening at home. At the moment, I have to sit in the office.

Dan

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 9:11am
Originally posted by RemcovanR RemcovanR wrote:

Yes, made a ticket about two hours ago. JF office hours... So response will be tomorrow. But forum helps to understand the issues better

Yep, feel free to post here.

Just wanted to make sure you guys with issues were following the proper protocol.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:26am
"Just wanted to make sure you guys with issues were following the proper protocol."

I think the correct protocol would of been for JF to release this where it is usable and enjoyable.
Frame rates are significantly an issue which would of been known prior to any release. 

Lets be frank and honest here and stop this skirting round the issue 

The issues are JF have pulled the wool over peoples eyes and those people are quite rightly both perplexed and annoyed that this software could be released in this state!

Ok that is solvable and pretty obvious the routes to deconstruct and create something that is both usable and enjoyable. But time ?

yes I can use my JF GR1 but at 8fps!. . . 

Out of memory issue. This is where the complacency of JF real does come to the surface though and is truly unacceptable as a product as a commercial venture. To have that as an issue at release is the kick in the nuts!

Now please don't cover up and make excuses for JF with. .oh but every rig is different , people CPUs and GFX cards are so many variables..  .etc . That one doesn't wash!

Of course if your using kit which isn't up to the task you have no excuse but with a 4.5i7 rig sole use for running fsx. Tweaked with all the bells and whistles.  .8fps. . ?

so here we are , disgruntled and somewhat shaking our heads  . . .again.

Simply work to be done by JF but the question you may ask . . A2A, Razbam, Milviz. . would they of released in this state. . ?

Tickets aren't required. Whats required is JF to have integrity at a business level with their customers.

Ive said my piece.Angry

Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:31am
Hi all

UPDATE (29/06/15)

Hi all

We are currently working on an update which we believe will address the performance issues without removing any functionality from the aircraft. This update should be available later this week.

If you are encountering a CTD in P3Dv2 after installing the performance hotfix, please download this replacement panel.cfg file and move it into your Tornado GR1 panel folder (P3Dv2\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_TornadoGR1\panel), overwriting the existing file:  http://cdn.mastertronic.com/justflight/support/updates/TornadoGR1/panel.cfg" rel="nofollow - http://cdn.mastertronic.com/justflight/support/updates/TornadoGR1/panel.cfg

Thanks
Martyn

Original post:

As pointed out by Martin, if you haven't already done so please submit a ticket to the customer service team. We can then get in contact with you all directly to collect the information that we need.

This is obviously a very detailed aircraft and with all the optimisation in the world it will be more demanding on your system than our other aircraft (Canberra, L-1011 Tristar etc). However thoroughout the lengthy testing process we have worked hard to improve performance and that work will continue until we/you are satisfied. Any information that you can provide to the customer service team will help enormously with that task.

It looks like the option to remove the rear cockpit position is currently not working correctly and we will be fixing that shortly. 

If you are suffering poor FPS and would prefer an exchange or refund rather than waiting for us to work through this issue, please let the customer service team know and they'll be happy to organise that for you.

Just a quick reminder, you are welcome to discuss issues with the aircraft here but as stated this is not a support forum and we can't guarantee to read every post, so always remember to submit a support ticket. That allows us to properly log the issue and guarantee a response to everyone.

Thanks for your patience
Martyn - JF

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:35am
Thank you Martyn for your post

"If you are suffering poor FPS and would prefer an exchange or refund rather than waiting for us to work through this issue, please let the customer service team know and they'll be happy to organise that for you."

I think anyone would admit thats a pretty damning admission less than 24hours after release?

Anyway good luck

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:44am
Not at all, we have always openly offered an exchange or full refund to any customer that is unsatisfied with a product, whether that be as a result of a bug or just a dislike of a particular feature etc. 

I appreciate your frustration and the honest feedback in your earlier post but we are not, and never have, attempted to 'pull the wool' over our customer's eyes. We have always worked very hard to maintain our reputation as having some of the best customer service in the 'industry' and will do our best to resolve any issues that our customers are having.

Please contact the customer service team and they will arrange your refund:  http://www.justflight.com/support-contact" rel="nofollow - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn - JF

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: snave
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:56am
@captain vodka: I presume English isn't your first language? 

I say this because your posts make no sense to me. 

EVERY developer you've quoted in your rant has actually released product that has not been optimised at release, continues to be optimised after release, and not only `would of` ( I think you mean `would have`- this is an English forum and we're not all from Essex, innit) they actually have done so. One - Milviz - only recently shared a P38L not fps-optimised at release. 

Oh, the irony.

Perhaps when you pick your grammar with more care, you might also extend that to your analogies..? 

This is a sophisticated addon that needs a sophisticated midset to its purchase, use and tolerance of ongoing development. If one is temperamentally unsuited to the challenge, one should avail oneself of a refund and get the hell out the way of the smart people - the ones who realise that `purchase` is embarkation, not destination...

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 11:07am
Hi there, by now JF Support is in full afterburner mode to solve the issues as mentioned in the tickets. My ticket is being followed up as we speak. I've sent JF Support a Diagnosys file which will help them to get a clear understanding of the issues concerning this major release. I've had these issues before (4 times this year) and all have been solved with te help and understanding of the JF Support team. So, knowing that JF is more than willing to solve all issues, I'm waiting for the solution that solves the issues I'm having with this release. Please, sent them a ticjet if you want your issues solved. Otherwise JF won't be able to help you.

-------------
Regards, Remco

Posted By: Paul Golding
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 11:22am
Originally posted by snave snave wrote:

@captain vodka: I presume English isn't your first language? 

I say this because your posts make no sense to me. 

EVERY developer you've quoted in your rant has actually released product that has not been optimised at release, continues to be optimised after release, and not only `would of` ( I think you mean `would have`- this is an English forum and we're not all from Essex, innit) they actually have done so. One - Milviz - only recently shared a P38L not fps-optimised at release. 

Oh, the irony.

Perhaps when you pick your grammar with more care, you might also extend that to your analogies..? 

This is a sophisticated addon that needs a sophisticated midset to its purchase, use and tolerance of ongoing development. If one is temperamentally unsuited to the challenge, one should avail oneself of a refund and get the hell out the way of the smart people - the ones who realise that `purchase` is embarkation, not destination...

Eloquent as ever Simon, though as an Essex lad, I think it's fair to point out that "would of" is most likely the poor spelling (by someone from outside Essex) of the grammatically correct "would've". It's bad enough that we don't speak properly, without suggesting we can't write the Queens English as well

As for a purchase being an embarkation, not a destination.....brilliant

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:03pm
It's all getting a bit heated. I know its frustrating to be denied ones new toy in this way, but a little perspective would be really helpful right now.

For us its frustrating. For JF, they actually have peoples incomes riding on this working. They have far more to lose than we have and although I'm miffed, I'm not going to start a process of vilification against a bunch of people I've never met and who are the only people out there wanting to create high quality British jets. Do you think there are millions of people out there like us lining up to buy these addons?

So lets swallow down the frustration and give them a chance. Nobody here is going to lose anything, but the installation time.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by neilintheus neilintheus wrote:

It's all getting a bit heated. I know its frustrating to be denied ones new toy in this way, but a little perspective would be really helpful right now.

For us its frustrating. For JF, they actually have peoples incomes riding on this working. They have far more to lose than we have and although I'm miffed, I'm not going to start a process of vilification against a bunch of people I've never met and who are the only people out there wanting to create high quality British jets. Do you think there are millions of people out there like us lining up to buy these addons?

So lets swallow down the frustration and give them a chance. Nobody here is going to lose anything, but the installation time.

I fully agree, lets give them a chance guys, I know they are talented people and their products are very high quality.

Andy

Posted By: Delta558
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 1:48pm
Regarding the ground handling / landing:

This is deliberately difficult. As has been commented, until the lift dumping is engaged if you are a touch too hard touching down you will bounce. One of the many videos I used as reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epgorQfRY9w" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epgorQfRY9w

1m10s onwards, there are two distinct touchdowns before the lift-dumping is engaged, and that is on a relatively smooth landing!

Speeds are also critical - use of the flap above recommended speeds will result in ballooning (note also the flap retraction speed table for take-off), and approach speed should be 140kts + 4kts for every 1000kg above 14000kg AUW. Exceed these speeds and it will float.

You may also note vibration when taxying at higher speeds / taking off - this is also from cockpit footage, the vibration should begin to take effect over about 30kts (so above normal taxy speeds) and begin to dissipate slightly above 100kts as the wings begin producing enough lift to take the weight of the airframe.

You may also note that the Tornado will taxy at idle thrust settings. This again is accurate, comment from a Tornado pilot on the testing team: "It will taxy at idle thrust at all but the heaviest weights, even then you only need a small nudge on the throttle to get moving and then back to idle. You generally allow it to get up to about 28kts in a straight line before bringing it back to about 18 using the brakes"

I hope that may help a little,
Paul.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 1:57pm
Is the flight path marker working properly for you guys?

Andy

Posted By: Henk Schuitemaker
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by miragecy miragecy wrote:

Andy

Not yet, it is being fixed.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Henk Schuitemaker Henk Schuitemaker wrote:

Originally posted by miragecy miragecy wrote:

Andy

Not yet, it is being fixed.

Ok thanks, I thought I was missing something

Andy

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 5:09pm
SNAVE  

"`purchase` is embarkation, not destination…"

a ha'   I new I had heard it before. . .

"Success is a journey, not a destination"- Arthur Ashe.

At least be original !  That's what the smart people doLOL

anyway moving on. . . 

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 5:44pm
Chaps.....

This is a friendly forum. Lets refrain from winding each other by making fun of grammar etc.

If we all calm down and be nice to each other, it will give me a nice warm glow and all will be well with the world.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 9:46pm
Hi all

A performance hotfix is now available:  http://www.justflight.com/support/tornado-gr1/e252580" rel="nofollow - http://www.justflight.com/support/tornado-gr1/e252580

We will be uploading a slightly updated version of it later this evening (GMT), so I would probably suggest downloading this tomorrow morning.

As explained in the hotfix text this is not a 'proper' service pack but a hotfix which should hopefully improve performance whilst we continue to look into the issue.

Thanks
Martyn - JF

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:19pm
Thanks for your efforts so far. Keep up the good work.

Steve M

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:57pm
Hi, put the hot fix in tonight, turned off all the vc panels and the FPS has gone up to 15FPS yay!! good stuff
TRF porpoises less, flight control easier etc, outside views fsp appear a bit lower but so what!!Smile

Thankyou

Posted By: dunno
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 12:45am
The hotfix causes a CTD on my system...

Posted By: Rebo
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:06am
I also get a CTD in P3DV2 when I want to start a flight.

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 5:26am
Hi, just started a flight again, no CTD, but I was not getting any out of memory errors either....?

P3D 2.5 latest version
Latest Nvidia Drivers
P3D installed on seperate SSD

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 6:06am
Now P3D hangs if I try to look at the Manual oh dear.......

Posted By: PVI_Eagle
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 9:01am
the hotfix causes transparent textures ...

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 9:06am
Good morning,

I have put in the hot fix and turned off (unchecked) all the VC gauges and I am pleased to say my FRPS have now improved going up to 15 to 18.

I can now put this bad boy through some low level training 😉

Thank for the hot fix, hopefully when you release the full service patch I will see this excellent model as you intended it to be.

Hulmelad

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 10:10am
Hotfix did solve some of the issues, but only with basic VC and with REX switched off. Stiil, after 30 seconds of flying FSX crashes telling me my pc ran out of memory... So, now I'll wait for the official patch, hoping this will solve the issues. If not, than this JF product is no for me to enjoy.

-------------
Regards, Remco

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 5:36pm
Is this already the updated hotfix or will it be released this evening?

Posted By: AG Nex
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 5:51pm
Tried the hotfix, but I get CTD in P3D 2.5 hotfix 4.

Could grab this error message, maybe it's helpful:

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 6:21pm
Something not mentioned so far I think

The menu is not set correctly. Two tools and the manuals are just called NewShortcutX. The whole aircraft is newfolderX. (Win7/64 OS). As you can see, other Justflight titles installed properly Embarrassed

Posted By: Kitsune85
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 7:54pm
The original hotfix released last night made a slight improvement, then the updated hotfix this morning is causing FSX to crash every time I load the Tornado.

Posted By: GaryG
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 9:36pm
Unfortunately the hotfix causes a CTD for me with both P3Dv2.5 and FSX-SE.
I've uninstalled the Tornado and will wait for a working release.

Posted By: odourboy
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 4:37am
To avoid the CTD, try launching the GR-1 with Hotfix in windowed mode. After it initializes, I can go to full screen with no problem, but if I try to launch the aircraft in full-screen mode, it crashes every time after a couple of seconds.

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 6:59am
The hotfix causes a ctd also in windowed mode for me P3D2 latest version. I reinstalled the aircraft. It's working again without the hotfix.

So far, I didn't understand how to activate the thrust reversers. Maybe someone can explain me that. The manual didn't help me further.  

On my second landing attempt, the aircraft got pretty unstable before touching ground, rolling left and right. Maybe to little cpu time for me to correct it, making it shaking up to an uncontrollable situation. That's no fun. I had the wings forward, flaps set, 200 kts, what I think a good landing configuration.

Also strange after takeoff, I retracted the flaps and the wing got into fully backwards position, though I had the large fuel tanks under it. This shouldn't happen. What do I have a separate lever for the wing position, when retracting the flaps causes the wing to go into highspeed configuration?

Dan

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Blaunarwal Blaunarwal wrote:

The hotfix causes a ctd also in windowed mode for me P3D2 latest version. I reinstalled the aircraft. It's working again without the hotfix.

So far, I didn't understand how to activate the thrust reversers. Maybe someone can explain me that. The manual didn't help me further.  

On my second landing attempt, the aircraft got pretty unstable before touching ground, rolling left and right. Maybe to little cpu time for me to correct it, making it shaking up to an uncontrollable situation. That's no fun. I had the wings forward, flaps set, 200 kts, what I think a good landing configuration.

Also strange after takeoff, I retracted the flaps and the wing got into fully backwards position, though I had the large fuel tanks under it. This shouldn't happen. What do I have a separate lever for the wing position, when retracting the flaps causes the wing to go into highspeed configuration?

Dan

This is the procedure for the lift dump spoiler/reverser buckets:
1) To arm the lift dump/thrust reversers hit the arm auto spoiler key [Shft-/] or right click the throttles to rock them outboard. Note you have to rock the left throttle 1st, then the right throttle.
2) Once you have touched down, the lift dump wing spoilers and the reverser buckets will deploy and you will hear the bucket actuator squeek sound.
3) Engage full throttle to slow the jet down.
4) To retract the buckets, hit the arm auto spoiler key [Shft-/] and again to retract the spoilers (or left click the throttles to rock them back inboard).

BTW: Your landing speed looks way too high. The real world Tornado will bounce/float if you try to land it above the proper speed and you have to use the lift dump spoilers.
The landing procedure can be found in the manual, page 140. This is an example of proper speeds with 36,500 Lbs gross weight (loadout Skyshadow + BOZ + wing tanks and 20% fuel left in FSX):

Approach (10 units AoA) 153 KIAS
Landing (12 units AoA) 145 KIAS

hope this helps.

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 9:11am
Thanks for the reverser procedure. I had wingtanks full on the aircraft, therefore the high speed. But the rolling started while getting slower. I completely lost control and crashed into the ground.  

Posted By: Christopher Low
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 11:29am
Quote This makes me think that in the rush to get the plane out, something wasn't packed correctly in the release installer.

Which is exactly why we should give the Just Flight guys the time to collect all of the data, so that the problem can be identified, and rectified.

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 11:46am
Hi Dan,

Even with the Hindenburg tanks (full, 2500L), boz pod, skyshadow and sidewinders on the wings and the JP233 weapons under the fuselage (so a top-end weight scenario), a circuit and landing immediately after take-off would only require an approach speed of about 180kts. I've just flown that scenario and kept a fairly tight circuit with steep turns and at the required speeds with flaps down I can't see any uncommanded rolling.

Regarding your question on the flaps, are you using the "retract flaps fully" command? If so, don't! Two reasons: as you've seen, though there is a separate lever in the cockpit for wing sweep in terms of controlling via commands the sweep and flap are on the same (flap) command. Took some working out to get the lift and drag for the wingsweep  proportionate to the flaps, but that is how it is implemented. Secondly, there is a 'flap retraction speed' table in the manual - this gives the safe speeds for retracting the flaps. There is a difference between mid and full, so use the 'retract flaps incrementally' command and you should be good to go.

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 12:02pm
Hi Delta558

Thanks for your comments. I will testfly again tonight maybe. The rolling I described was like loosing lift on one wing. I tried to steer into the other direction and got a swinging, maybe also because I had not enough frames to be able to steer the aircraft successfully. 

Since the wing sweep is on a separate lever, I thought the JF Tornado has a discrete wing sweep and flaps command. At least, I thought, by clicking the wing sweep lever, I get the wing moved, without applying any flaps/spoilers. 

Is this lever moved by the flaps commands F5, F6, F7, F8? So far I used the mouse. Thought about assigning one of the throttle axis to it and do both engines with one throttle.

Dan

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 12:28pm

Both levers in the VC can be manipulated by the mouse or you can use f5-f8, but bear in mind my previous comment about extend/retract fully and try to avoid them. There was a comment in one of the articles I read by a pilot who was test=flying the F3 (I think it was in Pilot magazine), something along the lines of 'whilst there is no speed restriction on sweeping the wings, if you go fully forward at high speeds it's like having an airbrake, if you go fully back at low speeds you'll fall out of the sky'. In other words, to fly the aircraft effectively you need to be aware of wings / flap positions and adjust accordingly.

Have you found the manoeuvring flap/slat control yet? That is on a separate function - Wing fold / unfold - and applies a lower setting of flap to give a slight increase in lift for both the 25 and 45 deg wing sweep positions. In real life, this is a press and hold button, releasing retracts the flaps. Note that while they are extended you will not be able to alter the sweep position.

Cheers,
Paul.

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 12:43pm
Hi Paul

that's the info I needed. Yes, I will no longer use F5/F8, but the F6/F7. I saw the slats extending with the wingfold command but not the flaps. Will have a look again.

And I also already fell out of the sky pressing the F5.LOL

Thanks 

Dan

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 3:31pm
Will there be a working hotfix for us P3D users before the servicepack is finished?

Posted By: Airtrooper
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 4:56pm
Just dropping in to add my voice to those already commenting on the FPS issue. I reckon I'm getting 10-15 FPS less than other comparable, very complex, twin-seat fast jets. The model is beautiful, but the balance has not been found between this and FPS.

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 6:32pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJF2khbSUSM" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJF2khbSUSM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zl_sfu-y6E" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zl_sfu-y6E

Here are two videos showing the difficulties while landing. When below 180 kts, the aircraft sinks rapidly and the nose needs to be pulled up. The pitch is instable, pumping a lot. 
This with no tanks etc. wings spread, flaps full down. 
Also after going around, climbing the pitch is difficult to be kept stable

Sim is P3D2.5

Dan

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 8:16pm
Dan, how much trim are you using? You should be nearly full rearwards trim at the lightest weight (therefore lowest speeds, down to 140kts on the approach) and that second video particularly looks as if you are fighting against the trim. Going around, you again will need quite a change of trim as the speed builds.

If you are sinking, check your weight - even empty of all payload and pylons, if you take off with full internal fuel and go straight into the circuit to land you are looking in the region of 160kts for final approach. The aircraft will start to sink if you go much below the correct speeds.

I haven't got P3D but a couple of the testers have and I think the general feeling was that it was stable on the approach.

Paul.

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 11:00pm
Paul, I tried a couple of flights in P3D and 2 of them were just like FSX, no handling issues. However, on 1 of the flights, suddenly my trimming went nuts, I had to fight the porpoising, just like in Dan's video. I turned on FSUIPC axis events logging and noticed the joystick was spitting AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET events, and the joystick control panel showed the Y-axis deadzone and the centering were totally off. I had to restart the PC to get the stick calibrated again. I almost never use P3D and I never encountered this in FSX.

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 7:49am
Hi Paul

I have programmed the soft trimming on the little wheel on top of the stick. After pulling back on takeoff, I try to trim the a/c to a steady climb, but with little effect. As if the autopilot was turning my trim up but the autopilot is off, of course. When I release the stick, the aircraft is going to level flight. It is just not keeping the direction I give it. I don't know if this is realistic for a jet with full afterburner. I think not. Would expect it  to climb.

I will definitely try landing with 25 % fuel. In P3D2 it is always full fuel, if you select an aircraft. So one has to think about reducing fuel every flight. 

Dan

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 9:45am
Did further testing in P3D and the pitch porpoising seems to be a P3D/Saitek issue, it randomly occurs when using the Saitek programmed trim wheel. I do not think it is caused by the Tornado, it also happened with the stock FSX Cessna 172. Something messes up the stick calibration, making the stick send push forward commands to the sim while it is in centered position.

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 10:05am
Hi all

We are currently working on an update which we believe will address the performance issues without removing any functionality from the aircraft. This update should be available later this week.

If you are encountering a CTD in P3Dv2 after installing the performance hotfix, please download this replacement panel.cfg file and move it into your Tornado GR1 panel folder (P3Dv2\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_TornadoGR1\panel), overwriting the existing file:  http://cdn.mastertronic.com/justflight/support/updates/TornadoGR1/panel.cfg" rel="nofollow - http://cdn.mastertronic.com/justflight/support/updates/TornadoGR1/panel.cfg

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 10:09am
Many thanks indeed. My 2p today is this was modeled in great detail, but poorly optimized. I sense the developers may have been more experienced in the former than the latter.

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 10:12am
I have the Saitek Cyborg stick. Yesterday I checked it out with the windows calibration software. I didn't see any spikes or strange behavior. 

I also have FSUIPC and programmed axis and keys. May have an influence. While testing the stick, I realized one button doesn't work anymore (rather rarely used in front of the throttle) I ordered a new stick and will check, if the newer performs better. 

Dan

P.S. Great news. I will try the patch then tonight and look forward to the SP

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 9:24pm
After some troubles with P3D2, crashing when loading a situation, no when trying to open the menu, I'm back testing the Tornado. The P3D2 problem was caused by the UKMIL Tornado, I installed recently to compare it to JF Tornado. After removing the simobjects of the UKMIL Tornado, everything is fine.

I get a Framerate of about 16-18 with the Tutorial Flight Situation at Marham AB. 

I removed fuel until 25%, set trim to zero. During takeoff, the nose goes down and the back up. I will have to try a takeoff with some trim up.
Landing was fine with less fuel but I had to apply spoilers to get her down on the runway. And surprise, the reverser buckets where engaged (heard that typical sound) and gave full throttle to break. At the end I got a complete powerloss and could correct a little drift. My steering didn't react and I went off the runway.Angry Unfortunately I didn't have the camera running. 

Good night for now. 

Dan

Posted By: Bodace
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 2:16pm
It could be that the reason you were unable to correct your track at the end was you broke the nose wheel steering, I have found it easy to break and until I learn the correct way to put her down I have mapped "repair all" to one of my joystick buttons, not ideal but I'm finding I only need to use it occasionally now, I do wonder if the damage model is set a bit sensitive.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 5:01pm
Hi all,

After a week spent optimising the model and textures we are seeing greatly improved performance. We still have some work that we'd like to do and therefore unfortunately the update will not be available until early next week.

Here is a list showing what is currently included in the update:

- Optimised for improved performance

- APU starting issue – fixed

- LP cock functionality added

- VC rotary/multi-position switch logic improved

- Battery draining with APU/ground power connected – fixed

- Engine start issues – fixed

- Air-to-air refuelling – tanker speed/altitude adjusted, autopilot system conflict removed, indicated airspeed added to tanker information bar

- Position of 2D panels adjusted for better visibility

- AI Tristar KC-1 texture issue – fixed

- AFDS throttle INC/DEC switch issue – fixed

- Temporary flameout shortly after takeoff - fixed

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 7:47pm
Thats really good news, even with the current issues I still love the Tornado, the cockpit is a nice place to be. 

Is anyone else having a problem with the TFR, my poor Tornado porpoises like a good one, any ideas could be me could be frame rate related Smile

Cheers

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 7:45am
I also look forward to this update.

I tried to cure the porpoising with setting pitch_stability=1.4 within the [flight_tuning] section of the aircraft.cfg. But it's also a matter of training. The longer I fly the Tornado, the better it is.

Is there a way to stop the alarm sound by a keyboard command?

Dan

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 8:48am
The trouble with altering the pitch stability variable is that you will affect other areas of the aircraft's handling, not just the terrain following mode of the autopilot.

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 6:50pm
Even with the panel.cfg for P3Dv2 I got ctd all the time. Reinstalling the Tornado without the hotfix made it stable again, but of course with 8 FPS than 18. I hope the update is working on P3D2.

Dan

Posted By: andyleigh
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi all,

After a week spent optimising the model and textures we are seeing greatly improved performance. We still have some work that we'd like to do and therefore unfortunately the update will not be available until early next week.

Here is a list showing what is currently included in the update:

- Optimised for improved performance

- APU starting issue – fixed

- LP cock functionality added

- VC rotary/multi-position switch logic improved

- Battery draining with APU/ground power connected – fixed

- Engine start issues – fixed

- Air-to-air refuelling – tanker speed/altitude adjusted, autopilot system conflict removed, indicated airspeed added to tanker information bar

- Position of 2D panels adjusted for better visibility

- AI Tristar KC-1 texture issue – fixed

- AFDS throttle INC/DEC switch issue – fixed

- Temporary flameout shortly after takeoff - fixed

Thanks
Martyn

Any news on the update ?
Will it be announced here or will customers recieve an email?

I love the aircraft but performance has been hit and miss. I have had a few nice flights but a lot of hours also waisted. I have ORBX England wales Scotland. Flying in UK is almost certainly not possable. Flying from any add on scenery is not usualy a good idea. The only good flights I have had have been from parts of the world where my FSX setup has no enhanced scenery or airports :(
Eagery awaiting the update so I can get some good use out of this much awaited aircraft

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 8:07am
Customers will receive an email. For sure those who have made a trouble ticket

-------------
Regards, Remco

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 8:47am
We are still busy working on a couple of remaining issues, so I suspect that the service pack will now be available at the beginning of next week.

Apologies for the delay but there would be little point in us releasing an incomplete service pack at this stage. We hope that it will be worth the wait Thumbs Up

(I will announce the service pack here, but you will also receive an email notification too)

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: andyleigh
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

We are still busy working on a couple of remaining issues, so I suspect that the service pack will now be available at the beginning of next week.

Apologies for the delay but there would be little point in us releasing an incomplete service pack at this stage. We hope that it will be worth the wait Thumbs Up

(I will announce the service pack here, but you will also receive an email notification too)

Thank you Martyn, eagerly awaiting

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 8:08am
I found a solution about my CTD's. I got suddenly CTS from my P3D2. I looked up the event viewer. Just saw, first .net is crashing, then P3D2. I thought about recent installs and found in the deeps of my brains that I recently installed FS Dream Team Couatl Beta. After removing this Couatl beta version and installing the regular version again, the sim now seams to be stable again. Somehow Couatl and the Tornado didn't work together. Other aircraft had it too, but it took longer. So I first thought, it may be Tornado related. Then I thought I may have to reinstall P3D2. But I didn't, since adding all addons again, probably creates the same situation and I didn''t want to fly with a virgin P3D2. I'm glad having remembered all changes I made to the sim.

I hope this helps maybe another, in the search for a solution of ctd's.

Dan

Looking forward to the update.

Posted By: HOTZONER
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 11:15am
@ Blaunarwal    Good post there. Yes a lot of issues can arise from incompatible, outdated or even incorrect installs too. As for framerate issues though, Windows 7 and Vista users can use a clean USB Flash memory stick (clean as in no files on it) and assign that stick as "Readyboost". RB is an integral part of windows operating system and will utilise the memory on the stick to speed up paging files, and will make flightsim quite a bit faster. Right click the drive and select properties, then assign the drive to readyboost. Secondary to this, I will always close out any unnecessary background processes and elevate FSX's processing order via the task manager processing too. Anything you can do to help the sim's processing to me is paramount.

-------------
HotelZulu

Posted By: outrun1974
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 10:53am
Thanks Martyn, hope the fix comes out soon.
Its been a few weeks now since I purchased this product and still have not been able to use it.
I find it amazing that none of these serious issues were picked up in beta testing, if this was tested on the minimum specs provided with a few basic checks it would have been obvious that this product was nowhere near ready, performance issues aside I am looking at the issue list( APU start, Engine start issues, flameout after take off!) and am stunned. I could see when loading the aircraft and taking one look at the FPS indicator that this was not flyable on my system, most experienced flight simmers know you need at least 20fps to be able to fly a fighter, and I was also reading less than 10 fps on the tarmac.
If this fix does not achieve this I would like a refund/credit note if possible- the Mirage 2000 looks very tempting!

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 7:30pm
Good argument, outrun1974. This release has been quite a f@ckup. I don't think I'll be tempted again in a pre-sale of Just Flight. Beside the fact that JF is and always has been very willing to give a full refund, this time they should come up with some serious excuses. A free release of the upcoming GR4???

-------------
Regards, Remco

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 8:21pm
I agree with the sentiments of outrun1974 above.

Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by RemcovanR RemcovanR wrote:

Good argument, outrun1974. This release has been quite a f@ckup. I don't think I'll be tempted again in a pre-sale of Just Flight. Beside the fact that JF is and always has been very willing to give a full refund, this time they should come up with some serious excuses. A free release of the upcoming GR4???

Whether it's a pre-release sale or not makes no difference to whether there are issues on release or not. If you order before release you get a discount, what's not to like about that? When the service pack comes out you are still £5 ahead.

This has the makings of a great addon.

Print Page | Close Window