Forum Name: Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
Forum Description: Discussion area for Traffic titles
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=23736
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 10:11pm

Topic: Setting Traffic Radar Operating Modes
Posted By: HamsterDR
Subject: Setting Traffic Radar Operating Modes
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 7:35pm
The Control Tower View has a traffic radar which (according to the manual) has four operating modes:  Off, Global, Horizontal, and Vertical.  How do you change these modes???  The manual is silent on this, there are no buttons to push - so I can't change anything.  I am missing something obvious, right?  Where are the controls?

David

Replies:
Posted By: RayM
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 10:59am
Originally posted by HamsterDR HamsterDR wrote:

The Control Tower View has a traffic radar which (according to the manual) has four operating modes:  Off, Global, Horizontal, and Vertical.  How do you change these modes???  The manual is silent on this, there are no buttons to push - so I can't change anything.  I am missing something obvious, right?  Where are the controls?

David

On my installation it works like this.
Look at the radar screen and, down the right hand side, there are 7 'buttons'. From the top - ON/OFF, Global mode, Horizontal mode, Vertical mode, Increase Radar range, Decrease Radar range and a 'dead' button. These all work as expected for me.
The 'same' buttons on the control panel do not function although they look the same.

-------------
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user

Posted By: HamsterDR
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 6:21pm
Thanks!  That works.  It would have been nice to have this documented in the manual....

David

Posted By: RayM
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 10:41am
Originally posted by HamsterDR HamsterDR wrote:

Thanks!  That works.  It would have been nice to have this documented in the manual....

David

Glad to help. You join the list of users who have found the Manual to be less than helpful in many ways!

-------------
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user

Print Page | Close Window