Print Page | Close Window

FSX Steam Addition

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Chat
Forum Name: Just Chat - General Discussion
Forum Description: Forum for shootin' the breeze about subjects not relating to Flight Simulation or aviation
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=23721
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:07am

Topic: FSX Steam Addition
Posted By: tonycoolbek
Subject: FSX Steam Addition
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 4:01am
Will just flight be compatible for the STEAM version of FSX which was just released?

Or will it become compatible in the future?

Replies:
Posted By: johnep
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 6:07am
Oh dear, I thought that JF was combining Just Trains with FSX. I well remember seeing a pic in a book 
" Railways Ships and Aeroplanes" showing a biplane racing with a train across the Glenfinan viaduct.
I think that they did experiment with mounting a plane on a train and someone did land on a flat bed truck.
Would be an exciting stunt.
johnep 

Posted By: cg1976
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 6:20am
I cant officially answer for JF. However IMO and as a FSX/SE owner now. I have no FSX/Gold installed due it's pain in the rump to W8.1. With FSX/SE no more pain in the rump. The JF FSX DC8, 747HD, Airbus Long Haul installer's picked up on FSX/SE and installed Just Excellent. Keep in mind I only and only have FSX/SE installed.

Posted By: wain
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 4:57pm
At £3.99 bargain....will try FSX/SE and see what addons work...

Posted By: RickBrown
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 9:52am
Found a couple of bugs so far, no repaints show up without a aircraft.cfg tweak and no "Previous Flight" listed in available flights.
Tried a few after market addons and they seem fine. You may have to point the installer at the new install folder though.
Carenado stuff was ok but RealAir  got it wrong by default.
Not sure if it's me, but FSX SE seems smoother than my old FSX install.
No random stutters even though the install HDD and addons are the same.
Win7 64bit.

Rick.

Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 10:28am
We're unable to confirm whether or not all of our products will work with this latest version, we're currently investigating as best we can. All that we currently know can be found here:

http://www.justflight.com/support/flight-simulator-x-steam-edition/ee05aec

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 4:56pm
Thanks for that Voice!

Also, new version of FSUIPC sorted "Previous Flight" issue.

Rick.

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 8:15am
Only issue i have noticed so far is an issue with cockpit switches and using the mouse to move them.... i am sure i read about a fix for that somewhere....all my Caranado and alabeo aircraft work fine..currently downloading REX and FTX Global both on offer at the moment....some things need pointing to FSX SE some find it themselves....UK2000 Extreme Airports Bristol and Birmingham was fine too...

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 8:18am
Forgit to say Traffic 360 seems to be ok...and add on liveries for Caranado installed fine too....

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 11:00am
RealAir needed pointing to the correct directory and REX needed to run the simconect.exe.
Big issue with Earthsimulation Alderney though. They have a new ESI installer but this installed but didn't show any scenery. During un-install it killed my Autogen files! Can't recover, so could well be a re-install of FSX SE.

Posted By: Rich
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 11:00am
Thanks, Wain. 

Something like Traffic 360 will only be OK under certain circumstances. As I understand it, if you don't already have FSX installed when installing the Steam version, it will use the original Microsoft paths to things like the FSX.cfg and scenery.cfg. In that scenario you can install pretty much whatever you like and it will be fine. However, if you do have the boxed version of FSX installed when adding the Steam version it will create it's own folder paths to those files (Microsoft\FSX-SE\fsx-se.cfg) and that will cause installers for products like Traffic 360, which need to write information to these files in order for the product to work, to fail as the file is in a new place and has a different name. 
At some point we will need to sort out a new installer and/or fixer tool. 

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Just-Flight/15266573498" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 12:37pm
Just in case this is different I have removed my FSX DVD version before installing FSX SE and any addons.....been needing an excuse to get rid of stuff that I dont use so this seems like a good time.. like Rich said this possibly will make a difference, I have read that some addons will only work with one install ie:FSX or FSX SE......dont know about Saitak yet but my Cyborg Joystick and a XBOX 360 controller work as before....

Wayne

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 7:08pm
traffic 360 instals correctly but you need to put a line in the fsx config file,

find file here.......users\[name]\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

open config, make a backup then look for SimObjects....insert this after SimObject5

SimObjectPath.6=SimObjectsJFTraffic360

save and restart FSX SE... I have traffic at airports, in the air and on ATC, have not seen any takeoff but dont usually look for that.....spotty, pushback, tower and follow me all in menu for aircraft choice but not tried them...

Wayne

Posted By: Sirxamoc
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 6:57pm
Since FSUIPC's latest change has come out the FSX SE has less issues.  Before I had several switches that would not work, and now do.  So hang in there!

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 7:03pm
All my saitek panels work...2 issues were powered hub needed and default c208b didnt like them. DTG have now released a patch for Steam version only. Short test flight bristol-cardiff-bristol all working fine.
FTX Global and Vector,Rex Ess+Overdrive, real air duke v1 and saitek gear. All good.....

Wayne

Posted By: maridon
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 11:19am
Hi ! Does anyone know if "New York X" works whith SE?

Posted By: Bobby
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 7:37pm
Just Flight is partnering with Dovetail to release products as a DLC to FSX Steam. Trust me.....I'm not complaining. I was thinking of buying some scenery from Megascenery to match FSX Steams DLC in Great Britain. Now I'll just wait for the Just Flight DLC.

Yes, yes, I know I can add-on myself but I'm getting lazy in my old age :)

https://www.facebook.com/fsxinsider?fref=nf" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/fsxinsider?fref=nf

Print Page | Close Window