Forum Name: Traffic 360
Forum Description: Discussion area for Traffic 360
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=23711
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 8:46pm

Topic: Traffic Schedules
Posted By: bobwad
Subject: Traffic Schedules
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 8:14pm
Are there any plans to release updated traffic schedules in the near future? I used to have Ultimate Traffic and they released new schedules regularly.

Replies:
Posted By: RayM
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 11:17am
Originally posted by bobwad bobwad wrote:

Are there any plans to release updated traffic schedules in the near future? I used to have Ultimate Traffic and they released new schedules regularly.

I am doubtful if any new files should be expected as it has never been the intention of Traffic 360 (like Traffic X previously) to represent TRUE flight schedules - they purely put a reasonable number of AI at appropriate airports to make FSX look better than it is 'out-of-the-box'. There are loads of AI in the wrong places but you either have to put up with them or do something about them yourself.

-------------
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user

Posted By: freddy
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 4:14am
I concur with Ray. Traffic X never got any updated schedule releases, and logic therefore states that Traffic 360 won't either. But, that said, I have a whole lot of fun keeping Traffic X (I still have Traffic X, not Traffic 360) up to date myself by adding new airlines, removing defunct ones, updating existing ones (livery changes/edits), adding new planes, modifying schedules, etc etc. Traffic X (and Traffic 360) provides the tools and features that put ME in charge of the AI in my sim, rather than me simply relying on a downloadable update that I merely need to double-click on and accept as being correct. I'm sure adding/editing/modifying is not everyone's idea of fun, and that not everybody has the time ... but, interestingly, I too used to think that once. Keeping Traffic X, and therefore the AI in my sim, up to date is fun, addictive, and very satisfying.

Print Page | Close Window