Forum Name: DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
Forum Description: Discussion area for the Just Flight DC-8
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22449
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 6:14am

Topic: DC-8 Expansion Pack/SP2 Upgrade
Posted By: Pockrtplanesairways
Subject: DC-8 Expansion Pack/SP2 Upgrade
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 4:52am
The new DC-8 50 To 70 is lacking in models. I vote that in SP2/an expansion pack, they add the -61 and -62 freighter models, the full freighter for the -63, and the DC-8 -71 and -72 in Pax and Cargo form, and the -73 Pax model.

Replies:
Posted By: Scotty
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 11:47am
What there is in the 50-70 pack is pretty extensive. There are no plans to extend it.

-------------
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.

Posted By: dubatm41
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 5:29pm
It would be nice to see more Eastern Airlines , Delta in a -61 and a -71 for Delta and United.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 5:30pm
There is a repaint kit available to it so I am sure that somebody out there will create a lot of extra liveries.

-------------
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.

Posted By: deeknow
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:45am
Hey Scotty. The DC8 looks great and am looking forward to flying her.

Can you tell me though, I'm interested in the 50-70 model, does it require the 10-40 model as a base package or can we buy and install the 50-70 on its own?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't it answered in other forum posts or in the FAQ or product web page. Might be worth adding something on the latter for other prospective customers.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:49am
Originally posted by deeknow deeknow wrote:

Can you tell me though, I'm interested in the 50-70 model, does it require the 10-40 model as a base package or can you install the 50-70 on its own?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't it answered in other forum posts or in the FAQ or product web page. Might be worth adding something on the latter for other prospective customers.

The 50-70 does not require the 10-40 pack. If it needed the 10-40 pack we would have put that in the specifications. We put in what any product requires in the requirements section, not what it does not require, but I appreciate your point Wink

-------------
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.

Posted By: deeknow
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:52am
Awesome. Thanks for the prompt reply Scotty. I'm going in ..... :)

Posted By: Pockrtplanesairways
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by deeknow deeknow wrote:

Can you tell me though, I'm interested in the 50-70 model, does it require the 10-40 model as a base package or can we buy and install the 50-70 on its own?

It would be cheaper. And the only one in the pack that i think would lean on the 10-40 is the DC-8-53/55F Jet Trader. The others have their own gauges. Excluding the early DC-8-61.

Print Page | Close Window