Forum Description: In-development area
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22322
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:55am

Topic: A few findings and question
Posted By: Blaunarwal
Subject: A few findings and question
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 8:10pm
Problems with lights
The white lights on the wing tips are extremely strong. Is this real? It can only switched on/off with the L key, not the switches in the cockpit. The landing light can be retracted with ctrl-L but the light stays on after retraction of the lamp.
The landing light switch is buffeting, when the master light switch is tured off.
Aren't there any green and red lights? I see no lights but white ones. No beacon no strobes. Is this correct?

Autopilot
The autopilot seems not to follow a bearing. All three channels are in, autopilot is on but the aircraft was flying a bow. The altitude could be hold during my test.

Animations
How can the pilot be toggled on/off, when the aircraft is parked? If seen several screenshots from Justflight with no pilot.

My version is actual, bought June 29th 2014.

Looking forward to some hints and comments.

Replies:
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 8:16pm
The beacon is only visible from the side, either blue or red. It can't be seen from above or below. Maybe it's too weak.

Posted By: Delta558
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 8:19pm
Three I can answer straight away -
1) there are red / green lights on the end of the wings, I think you'll need to be in external view to see them clearly.

2) The white lights you reference in the screenshot are the taxy lights, they do turn off from either the VC or the 2D panel. ~I'm fairly certain it's the 2nd switch in from the left in the row of light switches.

3) There are beacons and strobes - from memory, one on top of the fuselage and one just aft of the flare bay.

Question for you - are you turning the lights master switch on before adjusting the lights? If the master isn't on, you won't see strobes, nav lights etc.

Hope that's helpful to get you started,
Paul. 

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 8:47pm
Thanks Paul, I know the master switch must be on.

In outside view, I got following

The taxi light is extended, but not on. If I press L, it goes on, but retracts

When I switch of the white lights, tiny weak red and green lights can be seen on the wing tips. 

So they seem to be present. 

Dan

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 9:40pm
I remember reading something about that landing light being out of sequence. It's the Landing Light under the wing, the taxi lights are the bright ones on each wingtip.

Are you just loading up a flight and flying, or using the tool to select either cold and dark or up and running? Something about that landing light problem rings a bell, I can't remember if that was the fix or if it was to cycle all the lights using the 'L' key to get them back in synch.

It's definitely been noted (maybe here in the forum or over at Sim Outhouse), and I'm sure there was a fix. I'll try and remember where / what!

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 6:18am
Yesterday I took another flight with another plane. This after I haven't been able to take off the Canberra, after saving a flight with her. She lifted the nose on the takeoff run and couldn't accelerate over 150. If I pulled the stick, she lost more speed. I checked trim and autopilot but there was nothing. After using another flight I could take off without a problem.

I have a configuration tool, a flight analysis tool and a frequency tool. Neither of these look to me like a startup tool. I can't even start the frequency tool while FSX is running in background (maybe I should restart the system). Which tool do you mean? 

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 8:29am
The lightning bolt in the 2D panel selector - it should alternate you between C+D and powered up. The first time you click it it may not take you fully into one of those states, depending if you've loaded via the default flight or not. However, a couple of clicks on it will get it working correctly.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 8:31pm
I see. Yes, switching on / off the lightning bolt cleares the lamp confusion. 

What about my other questions/points? 

Taxi / Landing lights so strong. Is this correct/realistic?

How can I toggle on/off of the pilot?

Autopilot heading following. Somebody else having the same troubles?

Takeoff not possible like the aircraft was too heavy. What's the cause of this? Creating a new flight solved the problem, but I think it's something to correct for next SP. 

Dan

Posted By: maddog
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Blaunarwal Blaunarwal wrote:

I see. Yes, switching on / off the lightning bolt cleares the lamp confusion. 

What about my other questions/points? 

Taxi / Landing lights so strong. Is this correct/realistic?

How can I toggle on/off of the pilot?

Autopilot heading following. Somebody else having the same troubles?

Takeoff not possible like the aircraft was too heavy. What's the cause of this? Creating a new flight solved the problem, but I think it's something to correct for next SP. 

Dan

Dan, the JF Canberra lacks a NAV/GPS switch, this has been raised through a ticket but the Devs do not seem interested in adding one for some reason, shame really.
However you can add one yourself, just edit the Panel.cfg and add the lines in red in this post.

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22060&title=gps-waypoint-to-hsi-how

[Window08]
file=PUP09_Autopilot-backdrop.bmp
size_mm=753,891
window_size= 0.28, 0.5
window_pos= 0.0, 0.5
position=7
visible=0
ident=900
no_luminous=1
zorder=9

gauge00=canberra!Autopilot_Switch_Panel, 0,0,753,891
gauge01=Beech_Baron!NAV GPS Switch,  341,545,63,110

It will add a switch to the AP panel to link the GPS to the AP and allow the AP to fiollow the GPS flight plan

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 2:19pm
I think the reason it hasn't been added is that it doesn't exist on the real aircraft. The Garmin units are new and were added to XH134 during its rebuild to flight, the autopilot is the very old fashioned (and limited in use) one which was there throughout its service life. It's designed to hold altitude or hold headings, the pilot would 'fly' the route by altering these accordingly. So how it's been implimented is the correct and accurate way, but if adding the switch (as above) makes it more enjoyable for you then that's a matter of personal choice and I hope it works.

Regarding the take off and heavy feel, with neutral trim you'll need to hold the stick forwards in the take off run until 10 kts below unstick speed, then bring the stick back through neutral to a rearwards position. It needs to be flown off the runway, particularly at heavier weights. Remember, it's not fighter lineage but descended from a bomber (albeit a fairly sprightly one) so there are areas of the flight regime where it will feel heavy.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 8:24pm
It seems I have been misunderstood. If I select a heading on the bearing knob, the autopilot flys not straigt, but a curve, as if the bearing was turned slowly. That's not what I expect from an autopilot. I don't want to follow a flight plan automaticly. I just want to keep heading and altitude. It seems, it did only keep the altitude but lost the heading. 

Anyone on how to toggle the pilot on/off?

Print Page | Close Window