Forum Name: English Electric Canberra PR.9
Forum Description: In-development area
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22243
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:27pm

Topic: Canberra PR9 Status
Posted By: nmurray
Subject: Canberra PR9 Status
Date Posted: 26 May 2014 at 12:53pm
Does anyone know if fixes/patches are still being worked on?

I noticed the Canberra forum has sub title 'In-development area' which might suggest there is still activity.

In the Demo version I am seeing g2d.dll errors if I start directly with the Canberra - okay if I load an other aircraft first and then load Canberra.
LIMIT SELR - on radio altimeter doesn't work. Range and Test are okay.
The manual mentions that VOR1 and HSI can be driven from either NAV1 or GPS but this doesn't seem to be the case.

When I look through the forum it seems that others have experienced the same or similar.

There is a lot that is positive with this product, appearance and concept but there still seems to be some outstanding problems.

Replies:
Posted By: maddog
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 1:22am
Given that nobody from the development team has bothered answering  your question I would guess the product has been abandoned.
A real shame as this is a really nice addon.

Posted By: Rich
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 8:28am
It hasn't been abandoned. Please remember this isn't a monitored support forum so things can get missed, as is the case here.
Please send requests for support to support@justflight.com and that way they will be received by our support team.

Thanks

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Just-Flight/15266573498" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: maddog
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 2:11pm
In my opinion this Canberra is a masterpiece and really deserves more recognition but the developers could show more interest in the forum.
Tell the users about any further developments, fixes ect, be open to suggestions to improve the product.
I.E it really could use a NAV/GPS switch to get full use of the GPS for those of us that do long flights, this has been brought up on the forum but no response at all from the developers.
The product could also use Tutorial or two outlining some of the procedures around fuel management, auto pilot ect..

This aircraft is the most fun I have had in the Sim for a long time, Just Flight have done a great job.

Posted By: Delta558
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 9:51pm
If you are getting errors on loading this aircraft, use the tried and tested method advised for all complex add-ons: Start with a default aircraft and switch to the Canberra. I know that's what you are doing already, but it is not a Canberra-specific problem. I won't go naming other companies here, but I have several highly complex aircraft and that advice is given on all their forums!

The Autopilot shouldn't really need a tutorial, it's very basic and (to me at least) quite instinctive. However, I accept it is also quite old fashioned and not what people are used to so I'll have a look and see what I can unearth.

Fuel management - yes, that's one that could do with a bit more explanation. Particularly as it affects the CG quite a bit. So here's the relevant page from the manual (explains it far better than I can):

Posted By: Henk Schuitemaker
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 10:18am

Can anyone confirm there is another patch/service pack in the works? Someone on the SOH forums mentioned an update which includes FDE refinement especially (or solely) low speed rudder control.

If this is the case, I would like to see the packet flooding from looping key events adressed as well. Currently, this issue makes the plane useless for online flying. I submitted a ticket to support last year with a key events log attached but the response at that time was that multiplay was out of scope so the issue was not fixed.
IMHO, fixing the looping key events should not be too much work, I am willing to assist with testing. Besides multiplay, also FPS performance might benefit from fixing the loops.

Posted By: Henk Schuitemaker
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 4:20pm
Good news: Today, Rich from JF confirmed on the SOH forum there is an update in the works. "We will also be including the new FDE, a tweak to the positioning of the ground equipment and added Steam compatibility". He also mentioned they will try to fix the pink VC panel during texture load and packet flooding due to looping key events.

Print Page | Close Window