Forum Name: Viscount - Legends of Flight
Forum Description: Discussion area for Viscount Legends of Flight
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22116
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:21am

Topic: Lack of Power
Posted By: Bozdog
Subject: Lack of Power
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 8:55pm
Hi new user, I have managed to take off ok but seem to have a lack of power. Used Ctrl E as first flight. Throttles at full revs 1400 fuel flow will not go above 15. Psi is 400. Cruising at 7000 cannot get more than 255knts. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong ?
Many thanks for any advise
Steve

Replies:
Posted By: MadRobbie1
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 2:09pm
Hi Steve,

I got the Viscount in the 24hr sale a few days ago. Not had chance to fly her yet even though she is installed, but I'll look into the performance you're experiencing.

Of curiosity, can you tell me the following:
The actual Viscount you were flying (BEA, BAF, LUFT etc?)
Where you were flying from/to and the time/weather conditions set for the flight?

Also, one last thing to consider, can you give me an idea as to what difficulty/realism level do you fly FSX at?

Just to check on the airspeed too - you sure that's Knots, not MPH for this bird?

Cheers!
Rob

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 6:00pm
Hi Rob, it was the BEA flying from Cardiff to Birmingham on a test flight daytime , cloudy, fully loaded with fuel. Realism settings are all to the right (maximum) with crash detection off automixture off, the Speed indicator is in Knotts (I assume) , goes up to over 500, but I can only get 250/300 at max in cruise , unless I put it into a dive. I am no expert though, cant see any mixture control in the manuel just the Fuel trimnming but that is for visuel effect only according to the manuel?? (yes I've actiually lpoked in the manuel for a changer !)

Any help appreciated

Cheers
Steve

Posted By: Jim
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 6:39pm
Hi Steve.
I fly the Viscount on full throttle at about 290KTS,which is about 345MPH.The max speed in the manual is 365MPH.Hope this is of any use to you.
Regards Jim.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 7:38pm
Thanks all worked it out now !
should not do a quick flight when tierd after a long day at work!
I was looking at its speed online and was reading km/hour as knots!!
What a mistake !!
Thanks for your help

Print Page | Close Window