Forum Name: Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
Forum Description: Discussion area for Traffic titles
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22053
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:00am

Topic: Integrating MyTraffic 2013 traffic into Traffic X
Posted By: StumpCommaJohn
Subject: Integrating MyTraffic 2013 traffic into Traffic X
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 4:11pm
Current user of MyTraffic 2013 because of the abundant amounts of ai aircraft. I do not use the programs provided because of its complexity. Where I've been a previous user of Traffic X, I've noticed where the Traffic Control Center is very easy to use. I am very familiar of how to properly import other forms of "outside" traffic, such as addons, from other software developers to the Traffic Control Center, and have done it successfully in the past. A few days ago, I wanted to put the MyTraffic 2013 aircraft into the Traffic Control Center Fleet database. Thought it would not be a problem. When I did, I noticed that it left out few aircraft. It left out a bunch of military aircraft and all corporate aircraft (Bombardier Challengers/Embraer Legacy/Dassault Falcons/etc..)

Anyway. Just wanted to know why the Fleet Database on the Traffic Control Center would leave these aircraft out when other aircraft in the same folder would be uploaded.

I have FSX Acceleration with the proper Service Packs installed in both FSX and Traffic X. Have the proper SDK installed too with its proper service pack installed.

Hopefully a proper solution can be formulated.

Respectfully,

John

Replies:
Posted By: freddy
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 12:47am
The "import" process looks at, and extracts data from, the aircraft.cfg files. Therefore, I would guess that it may have something to do with the entries (or, specifically, missing entries) in the aircraft.cfg files of the respective aircraft.

Do a side-by-side comparison of aircraft.cfg files ... compare one from a plane that DID get imported, to one from a plane that DID NOT get imported.

----------------------------------

Within the [fltsim.x] section of the aircraft.cfg file, I'd look at the following parameters:

title=
atc_id=
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
atc_parking_codes=
ui_manufacturer=
ui_type=
ui_variation=

----------------------------------

Note 1 ... The parameters above are not all of the parameters in the [fltsim.x] section of the aircraft.cfg file. But I think these are the ones which Traffic X may specifically need/use.

Note 2 ... For Traffic X, the title is important (the "title=" line) as it is used to differentiate each aircraft. The title must therefore always be filled in and must always be unique (must not the same as any other "title=" ). For example, you might have "title=B787-800_JAL", "title=B787-800_JAL2" and "title=B787-800_JAL3" to differentiate between three 787-800 aircraft all belonging to Japan Airlines. And, of course, the "title=" line when combined with other aircraft.cfg parameters such as the "texture=" line allow Traffic X and the sim itself to display the correct aircraft and paint job.

In conclusion, I'd guess that the aircraft that DID get imported will have most (perhaps all?) of these lines filled in, but the aircraft that DID NOT get imported probably have one (or more) of these lines that are blank/empty. Or, going out on a limb, perhaps the "title=" line was not unique?

Posted By: StumpCommaJohn
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 4:37pm
Hey Freddy,

Definitely took your ideas into consideration. I did some side-by-side comparisons and saw a few areas that were different. Changing them wouldn't have made a difference but changed them anyway to match the ones that did work. Still nothing.

I even went as far as to copying and pasting the .cfg of a similar aircraft that was successfully uploaded in the fleet database to certain aircraft that was not uploaded. Of course is was criteria below the "general" specs in the .cfg. This included changing the proper .air file as well(renamed it to match the .cfg) I've had this work before when messing with AI performance. Still didn't work.

It feels like I've tried every trick in the book.

I think what I'll do to remedy this situation is to give the aircraft that didn't upload an "aircraft assignment". A random aircraft that got uploaded into the Fleet Database will take the place of one that didn't. I'll take note of that for later. Then create, organize, and compile a flight plan under "Random Business Traffic" or "VFR Traffic USA" using these aircraft. From there I'll transfer it over to a separated program, AI Flight Planner. Finally, I'll just simply load the .bgl on AIFP and do a substitution for the aircraft I want based on the previously noted aircraft assignment.

I hope that all made sense.

I appreciate your help though :)

Thanks,
John

Posted By: freddy
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 12:06am
Hmmm ... Even when you copied/pasted the .cfg of a similar aircraft that was successfully imported, it still did not import ... well that is quite baffling then.

Yes, I understand your idea of using a random aircraft that got uploaded into the Fleet Database and substituting (swapping) that for one that didn't; and then using AIFP etc. Clever. It sounds to me like you have a good knowledge of how it all goes together (meaning there's probably not much you haven't already tried, and therefore, similarly, not much else that I might be able to suggest).

As long as you can get it to work using whatever "method" ... I suppose that's the main thing. It is annoying that the import isn't simply going to plan for you though. It would save a lot of that "extra" mucking around. For the record (not that it is much comfort to you) I've never had an issue with the import process. Not once.

Good luck.

P.S ... A last-second thought. If you're not doing it already, try running the Traffic X Control Centre using the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR option. Just in case there's some kind of weird Windows folder restriction thing happening for you here. However, considering some aircraft did successfully get imported whilst others did not, I doubt this is the reason/solution. But there's no harm in my mentioning it nonetheless.

Print Page | Close Window