Forum Name: DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
Forum Description: Discussion area for the Just Flight DC-8
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21960
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:38am

Topic: Fix for Aircraft not displaying after sp updates
Posted By: ftwd
Subject: Fix for Aircraft not displaying after sp updates
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 7:17am
Ok, after a bit of playing around I have found what the problem is with aircraft not displaying in the std res settings. If you go to your \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Douglas_DC8-32\model.32_std folder (note its the model.32_std folder not the model.32) and open the model.cfg you will see the line that says;

normal=..\..\JF_Douglas_DC8-21\model.21_std\JF_DC8-21_exterior

What you need to do is add the word loresB like this;

normal=..\..\JF_Douglas_DC8-21\model.21_std\JF_DC8-21_loresB_exterior

Save the config.

Now make the same change for the \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Douglas_DC8-12\model.12_std

Again, save the config, run the performance config tool again selecting the performance mode and all should work.

Cheers, Nathan

Replies:
Posted By: henningv
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 9:35am
no ,the same problems sorry,i cant see any aircraft.after select aircraft the game crash with fatal error

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 2:07pm
If FSX is crashing, it sounds like an install problem, you may have to install the DC-8 again? Maybe it was a corrupted download requiring you to download again? You may want to put in a technical support ticket to Just Flight and see what they say. The only thing I got before I made the changes above was a message saying FSX could not display the aircraft. It would then run fine, just without an exterior model and VC.

Hope you find an answer to your problem,

Nathan.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:56am
#Bump#

For people having display problems

Cheers,

Nathan.

Print Page | Close Window