Forum Description: Discussion area for the Just Flight DC-8
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21959
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 9:50am

Topic: SP2? disappointed!!!
Posted By: buspelle
Subject: SP2? disappointed!!!
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 3:49am
Yes! this IS bad!

I had high hopes for the SP2 for this bird. So what has changed? Texturesizes and other things maybe, thats fine... BUT!

The crazy frameratedrop from 28-30 when sitting on ground ready for take off, to from the point when you have made your takeoff and start to fly, (and I started my trip from default ESSA, with NO AI traffic and no other high settings in my FSX)  ITS STILL drops down to 12-14 fps (sometimes even as low as 9!!!) and stutters like h###!!!

...And I HAVE changed the config. to the "lighter" (1024 textures etc.) version in the tool provided in the "new" package...

It is a true shame that JF has not looked at this problem closer and FIXED it as this seems to be the major issue!!! 

Pelle

Replies:
Posted By: alexcolka
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 10:05pm
Exactly the same issue with the fps, when banking/turning the plane (and the same numbers). What could cause that fps fluctuation? a bad coded gauge in the vc?
Alex

Posted By: buspelle
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 5:06pm
I dont know my friend what causes this, (still the "see-through" windows maybe) but if I were "JF" I would focus on this problem and fix it ASAP!!! (before doing anything else...)

Posted By: speckfire
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 4:17pm
Can anyone activate the airstairs and truck? I can't seem to do it in either low or high detail since SP2.

Posted By: Mike Hart
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 6:57am
Speckfire, not on your lonesome there, doesnt operate on my aircraft with SP2 either.

Nor does the navigator view come up any more.

The altitude alert window reads in 1 ft increments, really useful that one.

As for the autopilot, cannot get it to do anything advertised, AND

NO glide path on the ILS at the moment either. Great.

Maybe I should just patch across the DC-9 (not JF of course) autopilot they are identical.

Posted By: speckfire
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 1:00am
Thanks for the FYI Mike.

Print Page | Close Window