Forum Description: Discussion area for 146 Jetliner
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21926
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:27pm

Topic: Missing gauges
Posted By: geebee
Subject: Missing gauges
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 2:12pm
Hi Everyone,

My BAe146 recently has no gauges in the 2D panel (just dark circles). Pressing shift+3 brings up the gauge faces but with no panel behind them. So if I press shift+2 then shift+3 the panel will be good, except there is no VSI gauge. In the VC view all gauges are there except the VSI. I re-installed the aircraft but it didn't solve the problem. All my other aircraft have all their gauges. Any ideas? 

Gee

Replies:
Posted By: squad222
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 12:54pm
I have the same problem which has yet to be resolved. I have emailed George Bland (Just Flight - Support) for a solution and am waiting a reply.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 9:30pm
I received a reply from George saying the 2D gauges are thus:" The 146 2D panel has been designed by the developer so you have to bring up the different layers".. I find that strange, other developers don't need to hit 2 commands to bring it up.  He is still trying to figure out the missing VSI gauge.  

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 12:29pm
I am not quite sure what is meant by 'bring up different layers'. The VSI instrument gauge is still missing no matter what I do. Hopefully George Bland will get back to me on this problem.

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 3:40pm
Have you tried pressing the AUTO button in the lower left corner of your screen or the start button on the yoke to start the plane? This will show  the VSI gauge (at least it does for me). The different layers means pressing shift+2 and then shift+3. That gets the 2D panel up. 

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by geebee geebee wrote:

Have you tried pressing the AUTO button in the lower left corner of your screen or the start button on the yoke to start the plane? This will show  the VSI gauge (at least it does for me). The different layers means pressing shift+2 and then shift+3. That gets the 2D panel up. 

When I press the 'Auto’ all gauges appear, including the VSI, but the VSI has a blue background not black like all the other gauges. I am able to fly the aircraft in this mode but it looks odd flying with all gauges having a black background and the VSI having a blue background.

Even more strange is when in the ‘cold and dark’ mode, all instruments appear as normal but this time the VSI is completely blank and shows just a blue blank where the instrument should be. This is totally unacceptable.

I have passed this info on to George Bland. Still awaiting a reply.

Print Page | Close Window