Forum Name: Traffic 360
Forum Description: Discussion area for Traffic 360
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21525
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:21pm

Topic: Is this for real?
Posted By: fly60
Subject: Is this for real?
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 5:31am
I just bought and installed Traffic 360.
Am now ready to uninstall this piece of junk.

Am having these issues:
Aircraft seem to come with their own air-bridges randomly scattered all over the aprons.
Airports appear to have taxiways and runways overlaid and misplaced on the original.
Im yet to see a takeoff or landing.

As suggested I have placed the Traffic360 Airport facilitator below Addon Scenery in the scenery library.

Not happy Jan...

Replies:
Posted By: freddy
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 7:40am
Have you run the 1.09 patch?

Here:  http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20358&title=traffic-360-service-pack-version-109-aug-2013" rel="nofollow - http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20358&title=traffic-360-service-pack-version-109-aug-2013

Regarding airports and taxiways etc being overlaid on the originals, it sounds like you could have some duplicated airport files from other scenery packages or add-ons?  I note you have placed the Traffic 360 Airport facilitator below add-on Scenery in the FSX scenery library.  Perhaps try (as a test), the opposite ... place the entries for Traffic 360 ABOVE the entries for add-on sceneries.  That should enable the Traffic 360 airports to override any of the default FSX scenery or other sceneries which you may have installed, and hopefully correct any overlaid issues you are experiencing.

Posted By: Soaranden
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 11:36am
Check for duplicate airports, as Freddy suggests. If you were to have two versions of the same airport within the Addon Scenery folder (or two versions within the Traffic 360 folder, for that matter), then changing the relative positions of the Addon Scenery and Traffic 360 folders on the list of scenery areas in the FSX Scenery Library would not correct the problem.

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 3:27am
Hi and thanks for your replies.
I do not need to download the patch as I purchased after the required date.

I dont think I have duplicate airports..how can you tell?

I followed the instructions on the support page for Traffic360 and placed the Airport Facilitator item in the Sceney Library way below anything else and unticked it.
That now seemed to have solved the problem of airbridges appearing randomly and the overly of runways and taxiways.
As for liveries am not much impressed with Aussie airlines, for example Virgin Blue are now called Virgin Australia with a new livery. The new livery and name is not reflected in the package.
Also VBlue had just one plane painted in the blue special livery..I can see multiple blue planes. Same with Qantas with their special dreaming livery, I can see multiple versions of that.

Cheers
Phil

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 5:20am

As an Aussie, I can comment with authority on the Australian liveries.  Traffic X's Australian liveries were exactly as you describe ... many of the BLUE Virgin aircraft were flying when there should only have been ONE, Tiger was nowhere to be seen, Regional Express ("REX") was nowhere to be seen, the Dreaming livery on the Qantas 747 was seen multiple times instead on only just ONE, etc etc etc.  I don't have Traffic 360 and so I can't really comment on that.  However, that said, from what I have read and the screenshots that I have seen, I have always been suspicious that Traffic 360 is merely just a reworked Traffic X with a new interface, some flight plan changes, and perhaps a handful of new planes/liveries.  If that is correct, then that is disappointing.

The renaming of "Virgin Blue" to "Virgin Australia" happened a fair while AFTER Traffic X was released, so you couldn't expect that to be correct in Traffic X.  However, the renaming DID occur BEFORE Traffic 360 was released, and so it shouldn't be too much to expect it to be changed in Traffic 360.  And, with Traffic 360, I think it is reasonable to expect that Tiger and REX be represented in the Australian skies.  Both of them have a very big presence and influence here in Australian skies (they really should have been represented in Traffic X too, for the same reason).  And don't even get me started on the 787.  The 787 aircraft design had not quite been finalised when Traffic X was released, and so the model in Traffic X, taken from early concept drawings, is not correct ... but, the model was NOT updated with the release of Traffic 360 and so the SAME incorrect Traffic X model is still being used in Traffic 360.  Etc etc etc.

I have since repainted all of the Traffic X Australian planes, renamed Virgin Blue to Virgin Australia in the flight plans, added Tiger and REX and also a bunch of the smaller airlines, added some of the larger planes that Virgin has (777-300ER, A330) and removed all of the Qantas Dreaming aircraft except one. *MY* version of Australia, (remember I am using Traffic X, not Traffic 360), is as updated, realistic, and up-to-date as I can get it and keep it.  It is NOTHING like the originally supplied Traffic X Australia.

The only way for you to make the supplied Traffic 360 Aussie skies look and feel anything like the REAL Aussie skies, is to do some repainting, downloading, and flight plan work.  Whilst it might sound like a bit of a chore, it is actually a lot of fun (and can even be quite addictive) once you get in to the swing of it.

Posted By: RayM
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 9:21am
Freddy,
it doesn't sound as if you have had much time to participate in the 'beach barbies' and consumption of the 'amber liquid' but your dedication to your hobby is most impressive.

Did you see that Just Flight had a special offer last week on the purchase of Traffic 360 for about £5.00 in English money? This suggests that they have realised what a poor effort has been made to update the previous Traffic X - not only poor but riddled with errors. A pity that they did not take the opportunity to improve the Screen Interfaces which has always been my main gripe with Traffic X. There were so many areas where there was no intuitive way of seeing how things should be done. And the Manual was, as with many other software, very poor. Like you, I will be sticking to TX.

-------------
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by RayM RayM wrote:

It doesn't sound as if you have had much time to participate in the 'beach barbies' and consumption of the 'amber liquid' but your dedication to your hobby is most impressive.

Hehe.  That's a reasonable observation to make based on the evidence which presents itself. I do indeed love this hobby and can find it hard to drag myself away at times.  But, I do also manage to get to and enjoy the famed Aussie "Beach Barbie", and I certainly enjoy the amber fluid from time to time.  Hint: if you enjoy the realism of the hobby, then I'd recommend not mixing the amber fluid with flying, it can lead to inverted flight and crashes.  Smile

Originally posted by RayM RayM wrote:

Did you see that Just Flight had a special offer last week on the purchase of Traffic 360 for about £5.00 in English money? This suggests that they have realised what a poor effort has been made to update the previous Traffic X - not only poor but riddled with errors. A pity that they did not take the opportunity to improve the Screen Interfaces which has always been my main gripe with Traffic X. There were so many areas where there was no intuitive way of seeing how things should be done. And the Manual was, as with many other software, very poor. Like you, I will be sticking to TX.

Yes, that price could allow one to draw a few conclusions.  And, yep, I'm sticking with Traffic X.  Whilst it has it's own flaws here and there, it has single handedly transformed my FSX into a realistic environment full of real-world traffic. There's always something new to see.  And, when you know how to use the tools it provides, especially the repaint tool, it provides the means to keep that world quite up to date. To be fair, I am sure Traffic 360 can do all of that too (although I understand it doesn't have a repaint tool?). Uhuh, without Traffic X, I certainly would not be enjoying this hobby as much as I do.

Now, where's some of that amber fluid you mentioned?

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 1:42am
Thanks Freddy and Ray for your ideas..lets put another shrimp on the barbie.

I did purchase my Traffic 360 while it was on special..$8..what a bargain. But I am wondering now why it was so cheap and can see why.

Freddy, unfortunetly I don not have the time, patience or expertise for that matter to play around with repainting AI..(we should not have to if it was done correctly in the first place) However I do admire people like yourself that try.
I just want a bit of action and noise at airports (especially the gorgeous ORBX Aussie and others airports) rather then the ghost like scenario without AI.

Regards
Phil

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 3:09am
Quote ... unfortunetly I don not have the time, patience or expertise for that matter to play around with repainting AI..(we should not have to if it was done correctly in the first place) However I do admire people like yourself that try.  I just want a bit of action and noise at airports (especially the gorgeous ORBX Aussie and others airports) rather then the ghost like scenario without AI.

I do agree that it should work "straight out of the box".  It can be frustrating when things do not.  And you're right that folks wouldn't have to do their own editing and fixing if it was done correctly in the first place.

Posted By: mungi123
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 8:13am
I used to love just flights program's, traffic 2005 and traffic x were great for their time. I now have given up on just flight and replaced all my aircraft with aardvark and fruit stand models, 100 times better and 100 % free. Sorry just flight, u guys got me hooked on flight sim addons and now I do them myself

Posted By: reider
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 9:28am
Sorry to say I junked Traffic X in favor of a reinstall of the older Traffic 2005.  So when the offer of Traffic 360 came up for £5 I knew I would save my fiver and not bother.  Some things are just good enough to let pass.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window