Forum Name: Viscount - Legends of Flight
Forum Description: Discussion area for Viscount Legends of Flight
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20364
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:53pm

Topic: F2 Key for flattening prop blade pitch
Posted By: mnowinski
Subject: F2 Key for flattening prop blade pitch
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 1:52pm
After reading up on the Viscount I see that the Dart engines didn't have prop reversing ability.  However, it did have the ability to "flatten" the blade pitch to help in reducing speed after touchdown.  This is called "Ground Pitch Mode".

At the bottom of the aircraft "Reference" file that is included is the following statement:

"In this simulation, the props can be put into ground pitch mode by using the F2 key (engine braking reverse thrust for other aircraft) to achieve more effective braking."

The normal  F2 FSX key command is for "reducing power quickly"Holding it down will activate thrust reversing, if it is active in the aircraft.  The JF Viscount does not have thrust reversing available.

I use a throttle quadrant, so pressing the F2 key is not necessary for me to reduce power as the throttle handles reduce the power.  That said, how does pressing the F2 key, as you mention, cause a quicker reduction in airspeed after landing?  I have tried pressing the F2 key once, and also holding it down, but didn't notice any faster decrease in airspeed.

Thanks very much.

-------------
Mike

Print Page | Close Window