Forum Name: Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
Forum Description: Discussion area for Traffic titles
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20288
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 10:11am

Topic: Traffic X Airport Facilities
Posted By: longeneil
Subject: Traffic X Airport Facilities
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 12:09am

As the ILS was not working at Heathrow EGLL runway 9L, I have disabled the Traffic X Airport Facilities in the scenery library after reading on the support page that this might have been the problem. The ILS for  runway 9L is now working perfectly. I am now thinking - should I leave the Traffic X Airport Facilities left disabled? What does Traffic X Airport Facilities actually do and does it matter if it is enabled or disabled? I haven't noticed any effect with traffic at airports so would leaving it disabled be OK?

Any ideas/enlightenment would be great cheers and merry xmas.
Neil

Replies:
Posted By: woggissair
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 2:07pm
Hi,
Traffic x airport facilities add more parking bays and improved runway and taxi movements, 50 being changed for real world a/c parking, Heathrow being an obvious one of the 50.Unfortunately it has this ils problem embeded in it, so far as I know this has not been sorted? by deleting airport facilities you are reverting to fsx default airports.

Posted By: Soaranden
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 9:26pm
You can disable the Traffic X version of EGLL without disabling Traffic X Airport Facilities.

The path to Traffic X's EGLL file is:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\TrafficX\AirportFacilities\Scenery      ("AirportFacilities" may be "AirportFacilitiesX" on your system).

Simply rename AFX_EGLL.bgl to AFX_EGLL.bgl_ by adding an underscore to the file extension.

The next time you run FSX, FSX will automatically use the default airport for EGLL.

Print Page | Close Window