Forum Description: Discussion area for 146 Jetliner
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20153
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:25am

Topic: ATC Callsigns
Posted By: fat-al
Subject: ATC Callsigns
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 2:45pm
Hello All,

I'll be honest this is my first post so go easy on me....
I have the BAE 146 Standard pack and upgrade pack installed but when I'm in the game the atc leaves out the callsigns.
I don't know all the callsigns but I'm guessing there pretty easy to find out.
The one I do know is British Airways (Speed Bird) this works for the Airbus X livery's I have but not on the 146.
How do I get the coorect callsigns to read out whilst using the atc??
I have searched around on a few forums but cant seem to find an answer.

Cheers,

Al

Replies:
Posted By: FabioL
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 6:03pm
Hi,
Open up the aircraft.cfg for both 146-200 & 146-300, and look for several sections at the top, each of which applies to a particular livery for that a/c type.
The "ATC_AIRLINE=" line in these sections refer to the callsign FSX ATC will use you, and the "ATC_FLIGHT_NUMBER=" refers to the flight number appended to the airline callsign. To hear "SPEEDBIRD 123", literally write SPEEDBIRD and 123 after the "=" signs in those two lines, save, and then go-fly.
If you want to hear these additional airline names, you'll need to use EditVoicePak which is a freeware utility to add various FSX ATC enhancements, including additional airline callsigns. If you do this, look for the updates airlines.cfg in the root of FSX as this lists the airline callsigns that you can add to the livery sections of your installed aircraft as above.
I'm not sure why JF haven't added the correct callsigns to their aircraft.cfg's.
Hope this helps.
Fabio

Posted By: fat-al
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 5:24pm
Sorry for the massively late reply.

I managed to sort it with all the correct callsigns for both variants and the QT version :D

I still cant get it to read out the aircraft type / model though so for now I have replaced it with experimental.

Posted By: FabioL
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 7:02pm
Hi,
You need to install EditVoicePak (freeware) for FSX ATC to speak the callsigns of many more airlines.
This is a fairly easy thing to do (do follow the clear instructions), and it is very much a worthwhile exercise in my opinion, especially with AI traffic add-ons.
Good luck with this!
Fabio

Print Page | Close Window