Forum Description: Discussion area for Traffic titles
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20019
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:45pm

Topic: Traffic 360 or Traffic X?
Posted By: Soaranden
Subject: Traffic 360 or Traffic X?
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 2:47am
Should you buy and install Traffic 360?

If you don't own a FSX AI aircraft traffic program, then purchasing Traffic 360 makes more sense than purchasing Traffic X. ***

*** UPDATE 14 November 2012 - Traffic X is no longer available for purchase from the Just
            Flight site. Some users who have installed Traffic 360 are reporting bugs in the program.

If you already own Traffic X and have done little or no customization to Traffic X (and don't mind losing what little customization you have done), then purchasing and installing Traffic 360 (which upgrades Traffic X at the cost of losing your Traffic X customizations) may be an option to consider. Understand that Traffic 360 is really more of an upgraded replacement for Traffic X than an upgrade to it. Also realize that users who have installed the initial release of Traffic 360 have reported a number of bugs in the program.

If you already own Traffic X and have put significant time and effort into customizing Traffic X, then staying with Traffic X is the only way to go.

I'm staying with Traffic X.

Dan

Replies:
Posted By: freddy
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 12:20pm
I concur.

I have put significant time and effort into customizing Traffic X.  Lots of imported planes, repaints, .cfg edits, small airline additions, etc.

Statements and responses I've seen and received from Just Flight have been vague and confusing about whether Traffic 360 will make it easy for me to import my work seamlessly in to Traffic 360.  As much as I'd like to have and use the new Traffic 360 program and the updated aircraft and liveries that it offers, I do not want to have to start customising from scratch all over again in a new product.

At this stage, I'm sticking with Traffic X.  If it aint broke, don't stuff with it.

However, I'll follow Traffic 360 closely in forums etc and continue to try to learn more about the product.  If it does turn out that it's possible to easily "massage" my existing Traffic X work in to Traffic 360 with little or no effort so that everything works harmoniously, then I may just purchase it after all.

Posted By: Darren
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 3:39pm
Yeah I think I will stay with trafficX I realy am enjoying that and FSX now.

Print Page | Close Window