Forum Description: Discussion area for 146 Jetliner
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19686
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 4:35am

Topic: 146 - Fuel Planning Advice
Posted By: FabioL
Subject: 146 - Fuel Planning Advice
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 7:21pm
Hi,
Has anybody got any advice about effective fuel planning for the 146?
The Aerotexas site has an option for the 146, but no data.
Thanks,
Fabio

Replies:
Posted By: gojozoom
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 1:26am
Hi Fabio,

I assume you're request is for the Justflight model.  I've been measuring an average fuel consumption for that for some time now. According to my calculations, the average is 7500 lb/h (including climb and descent). This doesn't align with the official data:

Capacity: 22000 lbs
Range: 1800 nm

In my experience, ground speed doesn't get much higher than 350-360 KTS. Based on that, the fuel should last for 5 hours. Well it doesn't. I'm lucky if I get 3 hours out of it...

Dan

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 8:44am
Hi Dan,

Many thanks for this; yes, I'm interested in being able to plan fuel req's for the JF 146. I too have been doing some calcs based on flights.

I'm looking at fuel used to TOC using a generic multiplier for FL, with static allowances for taxi, divertions, holds, and contingency, so giving a total fuel req'd to shutdown at the gate, in a similar way to the very useful Aerotexas site.

Someone posted (on Pilotweb?) to plan the cruise on 2000-2200 Kg/Hr, or 5.7 Kg/nm plus 600 Kg for the climb, but these give different figures, so I'm averaging. Aerotexas uses constants for holds and diversions, and (I think) 5% for contingency; to this, I've added 30Kg for taxiing.

The trouble is that I have only collected data from two flights - I've done loads more, but I forget to get the figures at TOC and at the gate!

Still, I'm getting there - let's see what we can come up with!
Fabio

Posted By: Jack0913
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 1:21pm
Try FUELPLAN2 it has data for the 146/RJ85 and printable Load sheet as well.

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 5:46pm
Aerotexas now has data for the RJ85.

Print Page | Close Window