Forum Description: Discussion area for 146 Jetliner
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19627
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:28pm

Topic: BAe 146 weather-radar
Posted By: Kai-Uwe Weiß
Subject: BAe 146 weather-radar
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 7:32am
hello,

I bought this plane yesterday. First I added the CS-weatherradar as described in the manual. In the evening I bought the expansion too. Now the radars were lost because of new written panel.cfg's. I added tem via the CS-manager again. But now there are existing three panel.cfg's per model. One, calles panel.cfg and one for with and one for without fmc. The two last have no entries for the radar, only the panel.cfg. Do I have to copy and alternate the entries manually for the other two files or is there another way to do that?

best regards Kai

Replies:
Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 8:41am
Hi Kai,

Please copy and paste the panel.cfg entries for the WXR into the panel_FMC.cfg and panel_noFMC.cfg. These files are used by the configuration tool when a user switches between the FMC or GPS cockpits e.g. panel_FMC.cfg will become panel.cfg if the user selects the FMC option on the configuration tool.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: Kai-Uwe Weiß
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 12:34pm
hi Martyn,

I see, thank you.

best regards Kai

Posted By: aca882k9
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi Kai,

Please copy and paste the panel.cfg entries for the WXR into the panel_FMC.cfg and panel_noFMC.cfg. These files are used by the configuration tool when a user switches between the FMC or GPS cockpits e.g. panel_FMC.cfg will become panel.cfg if the user selects the FMC option on the configuration tool.

Thanks
Martyn

So this will make it show up in the VC as well?

Posted By: aca882k9
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by aca882k9 aca882k9 wrote:

Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi Kai,

Thanks
Martyn

So this will make it show up in the VC as well?

I did same thing as Kai did.. I copied the last entry of the WXR line into FMC and no FMC. but nothing appears in VC sadly.. I wish it can work!.. it be amaazing to have a weather radar appear

Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 4:18pm
Hi,

Can you send us a support request (if you haven't already done so) and I'll try and work out what's going wrong?

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: hodge001
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 9:50am

Hi

I also had an issue with the CS weather radar being a no show in the VC, but I found the answer to my problem was that I use FSPanel Studio for all my panel edits and for some unknown reason FSPanel Studio removed the following line form the [Vcockpit05] section..

texture=$M8WXR2

and without this entry the gauge will be a no show, the same texture= entry was also deleted from the other two VC cockpit entries for the RXP unit and the ActiveSky Weather map.

Now I have no idea as yet why FSPanel Studio does this as I have been using it for years without ever coming across this particular quirk, but it is not really a big enough issue once you know that it does it.

I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson

Posted By: arnett287
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 4:01pm

I'll help you out.

This will be what you will get from this forum. Really pointless to have a forum if you have to put in support tickets for everything. So without further adue...

Please provide a trouble ticket.

Or another one of the most provided answers here...

Please read the manual provided with the product.

What a joke...I ask for the same help in the thread called START UP/ RADAR and it gets locked. Due to someone other than myself posting about competitors products. Ive spent way too much money on Just Flight products.. and get zero help without asking to submit a support ticket which takes 2 days to get an answer with each time. How about next time someone purchases something you Just Flight wait 2 days to take out hard earned money. But I doubt that will happen...AngryAngryAngryAngry

Print Page | Close Window