Forum Name: 737 Professional
Forum Description: Discussion area for 737 Professional
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19491
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 6:36pm

Topic: Visual Approaches
Posted By: cambos
Subject: Visual Approaches
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 8:43pm
When I am coming in on a visual approach with 30+ degrees of flaps and not decending, I cannot see the runway. I have tried to turn down the transparency of the panel to no avail. How do you "sit higher" in the seat with the virtual cockpit or with the normal 2d cockpit? Kinda hard to shoot the approach when you cannot see the runway!

Replies:
Posted By: johnep
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 5:42am
My problem too. Can raise eye level, but I tend to use main instruments view (Press W from 2d) and on HDG can gradually adjust to keep runway in line. Not always possible on heavies.
Am going to try key board control if possible.
johnep

Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 8:59am
Drop the support team an e-mail and they can provide you with a method for getting improved visibility on approach.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: Slopey
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 9:04am
Originally posted by cambos cambos wrote:

When I am coming in on a visual approach with 30+ degrees of flaps and not decending, I cannot see the runway. I have tried to turn down the transparency of the panel to no avail. How do you "sit higher" in the seat with the virtual cockpit or with the normal 2d cockpit? Kinda hard to shoot the approach when you cannot see the runway!

In the virtual cockpit, Shift-Return moves the eyepoint up.

(Note if you're using a TrackIR, this doesn't work as the TrackIR resets the eyepoint position).

-------------
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.

Posted By: cambos
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 10:51pm
Thanks,,,I will try that out.

Print Page | Close Window