Print Page | Close Window

Driving with learner driver.

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Chat
Forum Name: Just Chat - General Discussion
Forum Description: Forum for shootin' the breeze about subjects not relating to Flight Simulation or aviation
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=192
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 5:53am

Topic: Driving with learner driver.
Posted By: mavestar
Subject: Driving with learner driver.
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 12:57pm
Hi, the missus has just got here provisional licence. I have been driving for 3 years now, is it legal for me to take her on the roads supervised or is it longer ?

Cheers.

Replies:
Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 1:13pm

The supervising driver must

• be at least 21 years old
  • have a full driving licence (for the type of vehicle they are supervising in - manual or automatic), which must have been held for a minimum of three years.
  • be insured to drive the vehicle and to have placed the learner driver on the insurance policy
  • ensure the car is in a safe and legal condition
  • meet the minimum eyesight standards
  • ensure the car displays L Plates (or D Plates in Wales) if a learner is driving

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 1:22pm
WOW, thanks for all that. I ticked every one ! Thumbs%20Up Now wheres my crash helmet Pinch

Posted By: MartinW
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 2:11pm
I taught my wife to drive, she just needed a handful of lessons after with a school.

Even if she is competent after you've taught her she should still have lessons with a pro instructor so she's familiar with the current stuff. The instructor will be aware of the latest whims of the testers and routes he might follow on her test.

Best to go to a quiet car park first so she can get to grips with it.

I hope your handbrake works properly. Wink

Posted By: VulcanB2
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by mavestar mavestar wrote:

Hi, the missus has just got here provisional licence. I have been driving for 3 years now, is it legal for me to take her on the roads supervised or is it longer ?

Cheers.

YOU must be over 21, and have held a FULL license for at least 3 years prior.

Best regards,
Vulcan.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 8:12pm
Yes thankyou pointy. We have just got back from K-Shoes car park, wasnt too bad Cry

Print Page | Close Window