Forum Name: 737 Professional
Forum Description: Discussion area for 737 Professional
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19055
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:00pm

Topic: Entering ZFW
Posted By: CathyH
Subject: Entering ZFW
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:30pm
I compute my ZFW by adding empty weight and payload to comppute my zfw i get 9699. when I try to enter this figure I get "OUT OF Range" what is the valid range and format. Onm  the 300 it's entered into the FMc in the format 00.00 however there appears to be no provsion for inserting a decimal point in th PDCs?

-------------
Cathy

Replies:
Posted By: JRMurray
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 4:25pm
I'm not at my simming computer at the moment, but if I recall correctly, the ZFW should be something like 96999. I believe that number is used in the tutorial in the manual.

Posted By: VulcanB2
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 7:04pm
ZFW:

Empty Weight (e.g. 45000 lbs) + payload (e.g. 12000 lbs) = 57000 lbs ZFW (enter 57.0).

Best regards,
Vulcan.

Posted By: CathyH
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 1:21am
trouble is the damn thing won't automatically place the decimal point

-------------
Cathy

Posted By: theryanbradley
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 1:46pm

So use the . button that IIRC is on / next to number pad? Without being about to see the FMC it's difficult to picture...

-------------
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.

Posted By: VulcanB2
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 2:55pm
Correct. Though if you enter e.g. 57 it should accept it. It is not a requirement to enter the decimal if it is a whole number, so if it REQUIRES a decimal before it will accept it then it is a bug.

Best regards,
Vulcan.

Print Page | Close Window