Print Page | Close Window

Stuck at Airport? Run AH "As Administrator"!!

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Air Hauler
Forum Name: Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
Forum Description: Air Hauler 1 discussion area
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15239
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:59pm

Topic: Stuck at Airport? Run AH "As Administrator"!!
Posted By: Slopey
Subject: Stuck at Airport? Run AH "As Administrator"!!
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 6:16pm
Hi All,

There's been a recent rash of people using Windows 7 or Vista who are not running AirHauler "as an Administrator".

Unfortunately due to the way Windows restricts the Program Files folder, AirHauler can't override the new flight plan if you're not running it "as admin".

NOTE: Being Logged in as "Admin" doesn't necessarily give you administration rights over the program files folder.

To fix this problem do one of three things:

1) Run AirHauler "As an Administrator". Right click on the AirHauler icon and click "Run as Administrator". Or, to make the change permanent and save you doing it each time, right click on the AH icon, choose "Properties", "Security Tab" and tick "Run as Administrator".

or

2) Install Flight Sim (and or AH) OUTSIDE of the Program Files directory

or

3) Disable the UAC (do this at your own risk).

It's advisable that you also run Flight Sim "as administrator" to prevent other add-ons not functioning.

Cheers,
S.

-------------
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.

Replies:
Posted By: aviator49
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 11:18am

Help! As suggested I tried running as an administrator. Up until yesterday everything going fine. Now I load the A/C fly to destination A/P hit the 'Alt tab' and find the A/c is still at the original A/P. Prior to taking off I noticed I'm not getting the message to 'taxi and fly to destinaion etc'. Now find my reputation going through the floor...unable to deliver on time!

Pete  

Posted By: Slopey
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 2:39pm
If it was working fine until yesterday, then running as administrator is NOT your problem.

Sounds like an FSUIPC issue. Re-install the correct version of FSUIPC for your Flight Sim version (Google "Pete Dowson" and go to his site (top link) for the download).

-------------
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.

Posted By: aviator49
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 5:24am
Thanks Slopey, I'll give it a try.

Pete

Posted By: tommyov
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 6:47am

my uac is off but still...atc sends me home??? just re-installed FSUIPC

Posted By: DaleM
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 7:20am
Originally posted by tommyov tommyov wrote:

my uac is off but still...atc sends me home??? just re-installed FSUIPC
Hi Tommy,

Check this post in your original posting: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15644&PID=128691#128691 - http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15644&PID=128691#128691

-------------

Print Page | Close Window