features accurate and detailedexterior and virtual cockpit modelling, a
custom-programmed MCDU (Multifunction Control Display Unit), CFM56 and
IAE V2500 engine models with high quality sound sets for both engine
types.

The Boxed version will be fantastic value at just £19.99, and
Download customers will be able to get airborne for less than half that
price! We’ll be offering the base aircraft with four great liveries -
BA, Lufthansa, Air France and United Airlines - for just £7.49. Yes -
just £7.49 for the complete aircraft package!

In addition, there will be four download liveries packages available
with 8 liveries each at just £4.99 per package.

Please note: This aircraft is in the early stages of development.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Replies:
Posted By: plodgeface
Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 9:38am
looking good, is this being developed by just flight or some other developer?

Posted By: SamR
Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 9:41am
It is an inhouse developement Smile

Sam

-------------

Posted By: SkyFly
Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 7:55pm
Indeed does looks good, out of interest what systems will this have over the default FSX Airbus? (I do realise it is F-Lite and low price so not going to have a massive array of systems, just curious as to what extra there is!)

-------------

Posted By: Dc-10 nutter
Date Posted: 16 May 2010 at 9:32am
A much better sound set should be one of them!

Looks great though

-------------
up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

http://www.justflight.com">

Posted By: TomA320
Date Posted: 16 May 2010 at 10:01am
Looks good.  Lets just hope tnorton776 doesn't see this.....!.

Posted By: Heinz57
Date Posted: 16 May 2010 at 9:15pm
It's looking good!

-------------
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor

Posted By: ulflip2
Date Posted: 17 May 2010 at 2:52am
Cheers to Just Flight for another F-Lite package.  Can't wait for the MD-81 series.  As for this A320 series, any chance the livery packages will include the "new Delta A320" as well as Jet Blue, US Air or United?

Thanks

Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 11:27am
Hi all,

I've put up some new screenshots. More info is also available here: http://www.justflight.com/moreinfo.asp - http://www.justflight.com/moreinfo.asp

Thanks

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: Speedbird-001
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 11:28am
For £7.49 you really can't go wrong!
I will certainly be purchasing it - a very good choice for the four basic liveries. Smile

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 11:28am
Quote As for this A320 series, any chance the livery packages will include the "new Delta A320" as well as Jet Blue, US Air or United?

A final decision on the liveries hasn't been made yet, but our livery packs will cover most of the main operators of the aircraft, so those should be covered.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 12:58pm
It looks great, hope the release date is in time for Christmas.  Can't wait for this and the MD Flite series.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 1:38pm
Hi,

This should be out well before Christmas Thumbs%20Up

Thanks

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 5:01pm
Martyn- will it include a FMGC with reduced functionality?

Posted By: concorde380
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 12:40am
looks nice

-------------
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi all,

I've put up some new screenshots. More info is also available here: http://www.justflight.com/moreinfo.asp - http://www.justflight.com/moreinfo.asp

Thanks

That link seems to take me to the wrong page.  Shouldn't it be this one?
http://www.justflight.com/developProduct.asp?pid=523 - http://www.justflight.com/developProduct.asp?pid=523

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 10:31am
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Martyn- will it include a FMGC with reduced functionality?

Hi Tom,

This should answer your question:

MCDU (Multipurpose Control Display Unit)

The A320 Jetliner features a custom-coded MCDU) to assist you with functionality that many pilots find lacking on the default FSX A321 aircraft.

• Flight Plan pages - load and activate pre-made FSX flight plans without having to leave the cockpit, track the route, get an overview of distances and arrival times to the next waypoint en route and your destination
  • Modify your route and save it
  • Cockpit Navigator pages - easily switch panels (open/hide) via the MCDU
  • Checklist pages - access the A320 checklists and work from them with MCDU help, showing you matches/mismatches between required checklist items and current aircraft settings. Only when all aircraft settings match the checklist requirements will the checklist will be completed and closed.
  • Aircraft/ flight status page, showing date/time, coordinates and some general aircraft information at a glance (flaps status, gear status, fuel status, lights etc.)
  • The MCDU can hold two flight plans - an active flight plan and a standby flight plan. You can load a flight plan direct as the active flight plan (for immediate use) or you can load it as a standby flight plan and set it as active later. You can have an active and a standby flight plan loaded at the same time, so you have an alternate route in case you need to change plans. With both flight plans you can add and remove waypoints.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 10:47am
Thanks Martyn.

Posted By: Edward Longe
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 4:19pm
Martyn
Could JF please do a repaint of a First Choice A320?

-------------

CAA= Cash Again,Again!

Posted By: psolov
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 5:37am
Will the A320 have a 2D cockpit in addition to the VC?

Posted By: hurricanemk1c
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 4:01pm
Looks nice - will it have custom gauges or default?

Either way, will buy this!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 5:22pm
By the pictures, it looks like the default gauges, but still good nevertheless.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 11:36am
Some more shots that I grabbed during a test flight:

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 1:44pm
Nice shots, can you use the dahed dot function for the A/P?

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 1:50pm
Hi Tom,

We haven't used the managed mode style of autopilot for this aircraft, just a straight forward system as found on the default aircraft.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 2:05pm
Ok, thanks Martyn. 

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 11:55am
Just got the email from JF about placing a pre-order and getting the A320 half price at only £7.49 but isn't the normal price of £14.99 a bit too expensive for this aircraft?

Posted By: Derek
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Just got the email from JF about placing a pre-order and getting the A320 half price at only £7.49 but isn't the normal price of £14.99 a bit too expensive for this aircraft?

No - normal price of an F-Lite airliner is probably £20-£25. We are offering a very decent pre-order discount, which is quite common in mainstream games on sites such as Steam. Will it prove popular with flight simmers? Time will tell, but a complete airliner for less than eight quid is a pretty good deal.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 12:28pm

Isn't it basically the default cockpit though?  Most F-lite add-ons have custom guages and cockpit models.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 12:51pm
Quote Isn't it basically the default cockpit though?

Quote and cockpit models

No. The A320 Jetliner has a custom virtual cockpit model.

The only things that are default are the 2D cockpit panels and flight displays (which do contain minor modifications). You are getting:

• New virtual cockpit
  • New exterior model
  • New sounds
  • New flight model
  • New liveries
  • New MCDU
So very little resemblance to the default aircraft. Please do not think of this as a modified default aircraft, its really not.

Thanks

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: Derek
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 1:01pm
No, not a default cockpit. New VC designed from scratch by our men from across the Channel and the North Sea. It uses default gauges, but the cockpit is new, with custom MCDU and lots of other features. Check out the specs, watch the video and decide. £20 is good value for a complete airliner.

We always try and keep our prices keen and although we sell some of our products in a modular fashion you won't rack up a £100 bill buying all the bits of one our professional airliners. Same goes for the other end of the spectrum where you can get the three Battle of Britain 70th aircraft (which would not have been expensive at £25 each) for £40.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 2:52pm
Can you confirm that the 2d cockpit panel you mention is the normal complete 2d panel; not just select guages (such as CS 727 which only has certain 2d guages)? I typically fly using the 2d cokpit and not the VC, so this is a fairly important factor for me.

Thanks!

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 3:08pm
Hi Pete,

The aircraft includes a complete 2D panel with additional 'pop-up panels'. A screenshot showing the 2D panel can be found here: http://www.justflight.com/img/screenshots/20100715112002DDFGL-L.jpg - http://www.justflight.com/img/screenshots/20100715112002DDFGL-L.jpg

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 3:21pm
Thanks Martyn! I will certainly be getting this one.

Posted By: chrissy
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 7:04pm
Hello!
I have bought the A320 today already because the screenshots and video tell me about a fantastic model. I have a homecockpit and have been using the PSS A320 so far (even in FSX because I only need the flight model).
Now my questions:
1.: Can you promise accurate flight dynamics (climb and descent rate) and realistic fuel consumption?
2.: Which liveries will be included in the additional livery pack?

Many thanks in advance for your reply,

Christoph

Posted By: raymar99
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 4:54am

Martyn,

Can you tell us about the documentation for the A320.  I assume it is a pdf file.  How many pages?  More than an Operations Manual?  FMC manual?  etc. 

Thanks.
RayM

Posted By: johnep
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 7:18am
While we are busy loading Martyn with so many questions, I have one: How about a tutorial video of one of your test flights with written PDF to check with? Would have loved a Gatwick-Palma one for the 747.
Also, what prog required to capture multiple screen shots?
We like to keep you busy!
regards,
johnep

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 3:57pm
You really can't go wrong for £7.99!!!! Thumbs%20Up Definately pre ordering. Big%20smile

Posted By: Rich
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 4:03pm
Hi,

Martyn is off on holiday at the moment so you are stuck with me to answer your questions I'm afraid.

The manual has approx 70. Might go up or down a little before release after it's properly laid out by the graphic design guys. It will be PDF format for the download, printed for the boxed version.

I think Martyn is using FRAPS for the screenshots. I'd also suggest Martin Wrights screen grabbing tool for multiple pics as you can set it to take a pic every second etc.

I'll leave Martyn to comment on a video as I know he is going to be very busy when he gets back Wink

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Just-Flight/15266573498" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 3:57pm
Just bought the preorder! Big%20smile

Can't wait to get it. Smile

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 5:19pm
Thanks, I will look into FRAPS. Another thing I noticed on the ILS/VOR/HDG selector switch was ARC and PLN. What are these please?
johnep

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Speedbird-001 Speedbird-001 wrote:

Just bought the preorder! Big%20smile

Can't wait to get it. Smile

I know the feeling, pre-ordered it last week.  Pretty bad for this 49 year old guy feeling like I'm a kid waiting for Christmas morning.Smile

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 7:08pm
Just watched the new video. Very impressive, particularly pleased to catch a glimpse of The Intercontinental hotel near the cruise berths when landing at Miami. We stayed there for my son's wedding.
johnep

Posted By: raymar99
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 3:42pm

Do you have a link to the video?

Looks like today is the day.  Just downloaded the A320 Jetliner and the v.1 update. Yea!  Much quicker to market than expected.

RayM

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 5:26pm
Gosh, you are lucky, I could not even get started as just pushed to 'object moved here', when tried to down load.
johnep

Posted By: andymourtz
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 10:15pm

I would like to buy this Airbus but i want to ask first if there is SID/STAR possibility with AIRACS from NAVIGRAPH.

Thanks

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 10:36am
You'll be lucky, cannot even get the FMC to work properly. (won't save flight plan)
johnep

Print Page | Close Window