Forum Description: Discussion zone for the F-Lite range of Add-Ons
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1359
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 9:24am

Topic: Question about wing-flex!
Posted By: A310fan
Subject: Question about wing-flex!
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 6:08pm
Hi guys.
Yesterday I received in the mail the A340 flite package and am pretty delighted with the product! The models and liveries are amazing and I'm having a great time with it so far.

I just have one small question regarding wing-flex.
During cruise the A340 seems to lose its' wing flex. The wing droop as they would be on the ground.  Granted, this is perhaps a small trivial matter, but when viewing the plane in spot view it does look quite ridiculous.
Is this perhaps an install problem? I could try re-installing, but perhaps someone here knows what causes this.
I also have the A300/310 flite package and have never experienced wing droop during cruise with that package.
All the best!

A310fan

Replies:
Posted By: roachy
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 8:40pm
Are you using the product in FS2004 or FSX, perhaps then I can see what the problem is. I have a hunch what is could be if it was FSX... Approve

-------------
Luke Roach

Posted By: A310fan
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2008 at 10:56am
Thanks for the reply Roachy.
I'm currently using FS9. Haven't quite been able to afford the upgrades essential for FSX yet.
Mick.

I just realise also within the last few days that the Flite DC-10 package has the same issue regarding wing-flex. It only happens during cruise for some reason.  Confused

Posted By: Edward Longe
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 8:25pm
Wing Flex is normal. The wing is not built to stay solidley still the idea is it  creates more lift

Posted By: roachy
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 8:38pm
A310fan, I've recently been using my CLS A340 and DC-10 in FS2004 and have been able to replicate your problem. I believe it could be related to the fact that maybe wing-flex (in an attempt to relate to the amount of air hitting the wing) is proportional to the indicated airspeed rather than the true airspeed, thus at cruise level where the indicated airspeed is lower and there is no climb (climbing forces additional air on the wing) the wings would flex less.
Though this is the case in reality too, it does appear that the CLS products are merely improperly programmed. I strongly doubt there is a fix to this though Cry

-------------
Luke Roach

Print Page | Close Window