Print Page | Close Window

ntdll.dll FSX CTD

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Description: For discussion relating to Just Flight and other products or simulators
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12694
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 1:25pm

Topic: ntdll.dll FSX CTD
Posted By: twright
Subject: ntdll.dll FSX CTD
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 7:11pm
Hi,

I downloaded the new McPhat freeware AA livery for the 757 Captain today, and took it for a flight.  About 20 minutes in, shortly after levelling off in the cruise, FSX just stops running - no hanging or freezing, it just stops dead, with a blank screen and an "FSX has stopped running" window!  I went into the Event Viewer and found the crash listed there:

Failed Application: FSX.exe
Failed Module: ntdll.dll

I'm running Win 7 64.  I know there have been known CTD issues with Win 7, usually when accessing menus, but I hadn't even done that.  This occured completely randomly, 20 minutes into a flight.  This randomness makes it almost completely unusable until resolved!

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks.

-------------
Kind regards,
Tom

Replies:
Posted By: Herky
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 7:17pm
Hi Tom, I have Vista 64 on a very good i7 from W2F so it flies FSX better than I ever have had in the past ( XP Pentium V, Vista 32 Dual core, Vista 32 Quad core,) I use all NickN's tweeks.  FSX gold, sp1 sp2.

Now,  I have had 9 "errors" in 6 months. (Fly every day, mostly in Airhauler, using Aerosoft's PBY, Captain Sim JF Hercules, JF Caranedo and the Captain Sim JF 757. )

I can only speculate that my "errors" were created by memory issues within FSX. Out of the 9 errors 5 were ntdll.dll................. All were freezes which had to be reset with the PC reset button. The PC froze with the current flight frozen.

I have 6 GB ddr3 a 285 GPU with 1 GB, yet I still believe this ntddll.dll is a memory error. I know this isnt much help to you but at least I can say you are not alone in the ntddll problem.

The ntd error has happened with all the above aircraft?

Does anyone out there know what ntddll is?Confused

Best wishes.

-------------
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Posted By: kessler
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 10:33am
I've just installed windows 7 on my new pc but not flown on it properly yet, but I was plagued by ntdll errors on my other pc running vista 64 for a long time, even up until a couple of weeks ago.  I then downloaded uniblue system booster and although other people have voiced their dislike of a registry cleaner, it sorted out my problem straightaway.  I've now got it installed on my new rig.

Rory

Posted By: khushi
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 5:39am
When you are facing the problem of any dll files then you just do one step that is  http://https://unfitpc.com/ntdll-dll" rel="nofollow - downloading ntdll.dll files and then install carefully after that follow the steps that are given in this. 

Print Page | Close Window