Print Page | Close Window

Flight Simulator isn't working

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Description: For discussion relating to Just Flight and other products or simulators
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=123
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 1:08am

Topic: Flight Simulator isn't working
Posted By: paper-zout
Subject: Flight Simulator isn't working
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 8:42pm
Hi guys, my flight simulator is not working again Ouch. See what happend was that i started a flight about a week ago and when i started to talk to Air Traffic Control i could not see anything such as the sentences they say, or hear them at all. So i decided to re-install Flight Simulator and i did, after the whole re-installation i clicked the icon, it loads and then right before it loads to the main screen flight simulator just quits. Can anyone please help m resolve this issue? It would be much appriaticated.Tongue

By the way, i run Flight Simulator 2004.

Thanks.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: MartinW
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 10:10pm

Have you done some basic PC maintenance? Get rid of useless files, defrag, install latest drivers, get rid of spyware, run anti virus scan, make sure the OS is up to date with latest security fixes... etc.

Posted By: paper-zout
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 10:27pm
I did most of that about two weeks ago.
I even re-installed it just earlier.
How could thhose things fix that though?
Like viruses do that kind of damage?

-------------

Posted By: Joeflyer
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:47pm
What kind of system do you have? How much RAM? Video Card? Everything up-to-date..patched,etc? Using onboard sound or a separate sound card? Is it only flight simulator that quits when you try to open it or do you have similar problems with other programs? Many variables, many things could be causing this issue. It basically comes down to process of elimination.

-------------
Joeflyer
C208 Cargo Driver

Print Page | Close Window