This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duchess VC view

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duchess VC view
    Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 5:22am
Flying in FS2004 the VC view showes a sort of gray haze looking outside, apparently simulating a certain distortion from the glass? The same effect is not visible in in the 2D panel or in FSX. Is there a way to eliminate or lighten this haze in FS2004?
I'm in Demo mode to ecvaluate to buy the plane which otherwise is really very good but this effect is pretty distracting and dimms the view outside more than necessary. Any suggestion for changes?
Thank you
Dr_Watson View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 8:12am
I posted exactly the same thing.  Have a look in the large thread a couple below this.  THe view out the 3d cockpit seems dull and bland.  Like a dirty yellow piece of cheap perspex glass as the windshield.

I searched the options list but can find anything.  Realair do some nice options for the cockpit glass but nothing here.

When I go into Aeroselect, the Duchess isn't listed for some reason?  I was hoping for an option in there.  I don't think I will be flying it again until this is fixed. They also need to fix the slip indicator, flying every turn with full rudder is getting annoying.   There is also a patch released but it doesn't work for the box version Clap  How hard can it be to make a working patch.
abic View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 6:12pm
I come back again on my initial complaint of the gray "haze" in VC view FS2004.
Looking at the lower left corner of the windshield you can seee a small missing part of the gray and showing the normal colored view. This indicates that the developer had created some overlay or gauge.bmp with a certain alpha (?) for this cockpit view. It should be not too difficult to correct this by reducing the alpha or erasing the bmp in a patch.
I would like to get some comment or explanation from Just Flight about this.

Thank you 
Dr_Watson View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 6:34pm
Good luck getting anything out of justflight.

The have never made a comment on the fact that the box version can not be patched.  They either don't check the forums or they just aren't interested.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 9:40am
Quote Good luck getting anything out of justflight.

Probably about as much chance of somebody reading the information about how we don't do tech support via this forum and don't regularly monitor it or use it for official replies/requests Wink

Please use the dedicated technical support section at http://www.justflight.com/support.asp and our support team will be happy to look into it and get back to you with an answer.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 9:47am
>The have never made a comment on the fact that the box version can not be patched. 

?! Where has this 'comment' come from?

This window 'haze' - can somebody post a picture of it please? Difficult to comment on what we cannot see. 

>Good luck getting anything out of justflight.

That is a totally unfair comment.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 10:13am
The Duchess update has just been tweaked to work with Flying Club 2.

http://updates.justflight.info/jf/Duchess/FlyingClubDuchessSP1.exe
Dr_Watson View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 11:59am
Thx for the info. The patch works!  I didn't know of the suppor tprob but I know now..sorry for being so harsh.

I will try and get a screeny of the hazy cockpit windshield later.
Neil Porter View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Porter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Scotty Scotty wrote:

>The have never made a comment on the fact that the box version can not be patched. 

I had some (very prompt, to give credit where it is due) correspondence from the JF Team on this forum relating to the patch not working for the boxed version & a further patch was promised - so you must know about this issue????

Is there any news on a date for the further patch (or are people like me adding "issues" faster than they can be fixed...Wink)

EDIT - just seen the link to the patched patch - will give it a spin!!

Neil
CODY View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CODY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Scotty Scotty wrote:

This window 'haze' - can somebody post a picture of it please? Difficult to comment on what we cannot see. 

>Good luck getting anything out of justflight.

That is a totally unfair comment.

Angry...Ouch...
Soooo wrong...I had my questions answered...and my problem solved with in a day!
In this very forum.
Sometimes ya gotta ask...not insist.
And it may be a simple "Alpha Texture" fix for FS9...Just like when you "Port" from FS9 to FSX,sometimes you gotta mess with the alpha.

Jeff

Jeff

Angry
Flyingjoe View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyingjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 10:15am
Hello, I am still a bit confused about that VC (FS9) problem mentioned here.
I had contact with the support center and I have sent also sceenshots showing what we are talking about. The answer I got finally was, that I should install the SP1 update. Since I was in Demo Mode the time was over and I was not able to try. I have asked again the support center if the cockpit VC view is fixed with this update. I told them that if the answer is yes I would buy. So far I didnt get any answer.
Can anyone of you telling me what the status is and what the experience with this update is. The plane is great and I definitly would buy if the VC cockpit view would be ok.
Joachim (Germany)
Dr_Watson View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 10:43am

No, after the update, the VC is still very pale and bland with some horrible reflcetions on it.  It's like flying through "hoch nabel" all the time!

The flight characteristics are poor, pergormance at altitude is poor and the amount of rudder required to coordinate a turn is highly unrealisitc.

Good luck with the tech support!
Flyingjoe View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyingjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 7:32am
Tks Dr. for your answer. I guess I will keep my fingers off.
Joachim
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 3:50pm
We have an alternative VC reflection texture available to anyone who dislikes the current windscreen reflection texture. Drop support a request and they can send it to you

Quote The flight characteristics are poor, pergormance at altitude is poor and the amount of rudder required to coordinate a turn is highly unrealisitc.

The flight characteristics were developed with the help of a very experienced Duchess pilot, so I'll have to disagree with you on those points
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Dr_Watson View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 9:09pm
I am more concerned about that bad colours shown through the windscreen.  Maybe this is realistic, some ac maybe have a laminated windscreen that dulls down real colours. The reflections I can live with.

Does the other windscreen fix the colour issue or only the reflections?

Maybe I expected the aircraft to fly a little more "sporty". If they are developed by a real pilot then I'm happy with them too Smile
Neil Porter View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Porter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Dr_Watson Dr_Watson wrote:

I am more concerned about that bad colours shown through the windscreen.  Maybe this is realistic, some ac maybe have a laminated windscreen that dulls down real colours. The reflections I can live with.

Does the other windscreen fix the colour issue or only the reflections?

Maybe I expected the aircraft to fly a little more "sporty". If they are developed by a real pilot then I'm happy with them too Smile
The fact that the Duchess is widely used as a twin-engine trainer probably suggests it will NOT be a sporty plane!! As most of my flying is relatively short-hop flights, I tend to fly the Duchess below 10,000ft, where the performance is quite reasonable.

For a sporty plane, I still find the default FS9 Mooney Bravo takes a lot of beating. It's like a Cessna or Piper on steroids!!

Neil. 
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:16am
Quote Does the other windscreen fix the colour issue or only the reflections?

It increases the transparency, so the windscreen textures become very similar to the default aircraft
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Flyingjoe View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyingjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 9:58am
I have installed that VC view fix and it works perfect. Clear view as I have expected it to be.
Joachim
Dr_Watson View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 8:24pm
I installed it too, view is nice and clear.....but, when I swithc from an external view to VC view, I get a CTD with error FE.DLL

Never seen it before.  Only happens with the Duchess and I never had it before I changed the texture??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic