This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VFR scenery loading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VFR scenery loading
    Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 1:02pm
I have FSX, vista, and PLENTY of space on my hard drive.
The pomputer is only 6 months old! I'm am not a computer programer and I always follow the instalation instructions by the letter.
When  I purchased volume 2 and loaded it I needed help me decide which further discs - 'Real scenery' or 'Photographic scenery'. I decided on volumes 1,3, & 4 Real scenery.
Volume 2 that I had put in earlier and was working fine. When 1,3,4 arrived I was eager to get them loaded. I put the 1st disc of vol 4 in and away it went, then came the prompt to put in disc No; 2 - 
                            "Setup could not fined a file on the specified path or disc"
                            "Please check..........proper disc inserted...... or new path"
I can't understand that weeks previous I loaded vol 2 but started having problems when vols 1,3,4 arrived! This also was the same with vol 1. Why oh why does this happen to me?
The only thing I noticed was the prompt only had D: the rest remained blank, if that is the problem then how can I go forward?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 1:05pm
Hi,
Try the other side of the disk. If that doesn't work ensure that you have not changed the path and that the path is correct (should be the letter of the drive you have inserted the disk into)

1 hand View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 11:17am
Thanks RAS
As stated earlier I'm not a programmer but something so simple, ie: the disc was "wrong way up". I've wroked with a PC for about 9 years but everything was done as instructed to by all cd/dvd providers.
This was the 1st time I have had a double sided disc. Up until now any disc I have had has been, "disc picture up, shinny side down", therefore disc read from underside.  So when I placed the double sided disc in, I read that the side marked as 'disc 2' was going to be read so placed up side down in computer, lesson learned.
This has left me with another, possible future problem, disc volume 2 I purchased 1st to see what it was like, (I must have put it in the "wrong way" by mistake). Two weeks later volumes 1,3, & 4 I did, with your help, put them on FSX.
The problem is when I was checking where they where I noticed volumes 1,3, & 4, followed the path: program files/common files/microsoft games/microsoft flight simulator X/folders vol 1, vol 3, vol 4/............
Volume 2 folder is some where else but I can't remember where exactly but they all work, 
at the moment, but could paly up when I put other 3rd party software on in the future. Could you put my mind at rest?
Sorry for the length of this reply. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic