This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Constellation Professsional
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connie and Airhauler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Connie and Airhauler
    Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 7:12pm
Any one flying this lovely looking aircraft in Airhauler?

I was wondering what she can carry weight wise with full fuel ( for the AI pilots) and with less fuel ( for us old cargo dogs who want to haul it the old fashioned way?)Wink
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Junebaby View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 7:25pm
Ya know? I dl'ed it as soon as it was available but haven't had the time to use it because I am too darn busy hauling stuff up and down the Pacific coast. I did a couple of circuits with the 049 but thats all. I want to add it to my fleet soon so maybe I'll do a long haul and read the manual then. Once I get the details I'll post the info for you.
Chuck H.

doc289456 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doc289456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 10:48pm
I am using in airhauler.
Can't remember exact figures but I think it around 9300lb of cargo space with full tanks for the AI pilots. And last night I flew with around 5000lb worth of fuel in  and I had around 32000lb of cargo space available.
Is great to fly with airhauler. My only annoyance was that it didn't have a GPS.

Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 7:43pm

Hi, thanks for the replies.

doc you can add a popup GPS to the panel.cfg file.  I use the basic ms Garmin! I know it wasn't fitted in the original, but I would guess it would replace a good navigator.

I am thinking this lovely lady has a "Sperry" autopilot only? I wonder if the "default" keypresses, "Z" etc still work. If not, on a LONG Airhauler flight, much coffee will be neededOuch

(or you could suspend belief and cheat completely and add popus for a digital autopilot, maybee?Shocked)

Cheers , happy flying.

Junebaby View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 7:49pm
I loaded it into AH this morning and got 6000 lbs cargo cap with full fuel. The MTOW is 90,000 and the EW is 55,860. Max fuel is 28,140 lbs(4690 gal). Plenty of room for heavy cargo if you fly it yourself. Have to get fuel burn figures tonight maybe. And yes it has a Sperry AP
Chuck H.

doc289456 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doc289456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 5:58am
Yes Herky I have added a GPS popup, its the one from the default Maule I think. It has a NAV/GPS switch in the bottom left corner. So the auto pilot can follow the Flight plan route.
Only problem is it seems to screw up the pitch settings in the autopilot. ???

I should elaborate, I am using the C69 version of the Connie in AH, it has more cargo space so with full tanks I get 9300lb for the AI guys. I think the range is slightly less though, which doesn't bother me at all
jaugust4 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaugust4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 6:26pm
Too bad that their isn't an FS9 version. Love the Connie. Guess it may be an incentive to finally get FSX.
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 8:17pm
Sorry, but I have to say this!

Go get FSX De-lux. Get UTX and GEX USA, Canada and Alaska!

I have stopped using FS9 after a long time. Provided your PC is up to spec and you follow the following set up:-

I think you will be amazed. I was and continue to be............Thumbs%20Up

orionexplorer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orionexplorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 1:29am
OK I know it's an old thread but need some info if anyone can tell me.
Using the C69 Connie in Air Hauler what is the fuel consumption figure and what is the range? I have a couple of guess figures but I don't know for sure. I've just started using the connie and any help is appreciated.
BobKay View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 4:21pm
I'm coming a little late to the party but here's some numbers:

L-049A:
MTOW:90000
Empty:55860
Fuel:28140lb/4690gal
Range 2300nm
Cargo:6000lb
Curiously this includes the "speedpack" variants; the speedpack capacity was an extra 8200 lbs with a 10 kt speed penalty and 4% range penalty.

L749:
MTOW:107000
Empty:56590
Fuel:34920lb/5820gal
Range: 2850nm
Cargo:15490lb

L-1049 (without tip tanks):
MTOW:137500
Empty:73000
Fuel:39300lb/6550gal
Range: 3500nm
Cargo: 25200lb

I've been using 450 gph for fuel consumption for all variants, although it does vary slightly.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic