This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

737-800s Black

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Capps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 737-800s Black
    Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 5:27pm
Any idea what would cause the 737-800s to have black textures?  Other types are fine.

The only other 737-800 I have is Ariane's.  Don't see how that could cause a problem, but who knows?
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 7:23pm
Hi Tim,

Really sorry to side-track your question, but is the Ariane 737-800 anygood ?

Im thinking of getting that variation, also how are Ariane as a company? I have heard bad things.

Again sorry to side-track
Generic forum signature
Tim_Capps View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Capps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 7:53pm
To be expected any time Ariane comes up.  It is one of my top three favorite airplanes and I fly it a lot.  I have had no complaints with Ariane as a company.  When I have had questions they have been promptly addressed in their forum.  It is pricey, you have to pay for liveries (but they're done by McPhat and there is a huge variety), there is no Navigraph support just yet (in the process) and the FMC is less than some, more than others, but I fly it just fine.  Those are the bad points.  The good points are the way it flies, the way it looks, and the way it does it all while being extremely easy on frame rates.  Whatever you have heard about Ariane, the past is the past and if you judge the airplane on its merits, the only question is whether you can afford it.

Don't worry.  You haven't sidetracked my question.

Yet :-)
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 2:49pm
The question about aircraft exteriors appearing black comes up a lot. The reason the question comes up so often is that most freeware aircraft and freeware repaints are created with .bmp textures rather than .dds textures. When .bmp textures have been used for aircraft, they will not render properly in FSX under DirectX 10.

To avoid obtaining aircraft and aircraft repaints that will not render under DirectX 10 mode in FSX, obtain freeware aircraft and freeware repaints from a site such as FlightSim.com that gives you the capability to view file extensions of the files used for the aircraft or repaint. Avoid downloading aircraft and repaints that contain no .dds textures. Not only will that enable all of your aircraft to render properly, it will also improve performance since .dds textures running under DirectX 10 render faster.

Lastly, FSX aircraft need to be compiled using the FSX SDK. When using FSX in DirectX 10 mode, make sure you are not trying to use an aircraft that has been compiled for FS9 (Flight Simulator 2004).

Tim_Capps View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Capps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 7:09pm
Thanks, but I haven't installed any AI airplanes other than the ons that came with the product.  It affects all 737-800s and only 737-800s.  Any solution short of a reinstall?
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 10:52pm
It sounds like you need to install Service Pack 1 for Traffic X, Tim. See the "Service Pack 1" topic for a link to where you can download the file.

Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic