This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enabling Virtual Cockpit?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enabling Virtual Cockpit?
    Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 6:41pm

I have used the "Hanger" feature to use the Traffic X livieries, however I am unable to use the virtual cockpit, can someone please tell me how to enable this?

Brute View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 8:50pm
The panel for the A321 British Airways model also seems to be wrong, I believe it is the 737--800 panel?
Chuck Morse View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Morse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 3:05am
The TrafficX aircraft were intended to be AI aircraft, not flyable aircraft.  Most of the models probably do not have virtual cockpits.  And I think I read somewhere that all or most of the aircraft do not have 2D panels but use default panels supplied with FSX.  If you are looking for a good flyable aircraft with virtual cockpit and/or realistic 2D panel your best bet would be to look elsewhere.   There are lots of payware aircraft available and both avsim.com and flightsim.com have many good freewqre planes in their libraries.
Chuck Morse
Brute View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 3:25am
I realise that they were not intended to be AI aircraft, however since I am using the traffic x planes simply for their textures on existing FSX models that doesnt really apply. I was simply womdering what files would be be required to copy accross to the traffic X folders to enable virtual cockpits
Chuck Morse View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Morse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 4:53am
I am no aircraft modeler, but it is my understanding that the virtual cockpit is a part of the aircraft mdl file.  If there isn't one in the mdl file provided by TrafficX, there is probably not much you can do.  2D panels might be a little easier.  But you would need to find an existing 2D panel that you like and copy the panel folder to your aircraft folder and update the aircraft.cfg file. 
Chuck Morse
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 10:01am
You can drop in a VC MDL for the cockpit you want to use and add an entry for it into the panel.cfg. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic