This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outlook 07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outlook 07
    Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 1:12am
I emailed someone and now their email is in my contacts but i can find them. How do i delete this contact?
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
Marmite View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 9:04am

By default Outlook remembers who you send emails to and stores the addresses in a file used to build an email address cache.

It's not a contact per se, just something to save you having to type email addresses every time you send an email to the same person (without having to have a contact for each and every one).

Deleting the C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.NK2 file will clear the cache (all addresses in the cache).

concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 12:43pm
Ok thanks. That won't affect my address book right?
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
Marmite View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 1:49pm
It doesn't affect any contacts you have in the contacts pane, just clears the drop-down list that appears when you start typing in the To: field of a new emailĀ Smile
concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 2:33pm
ok thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic