This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AI Pilot Saves the Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morley54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AI Pilot Saves the Day
    Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 2:12pm
     My flight originated  from KRAP (Rapid City) and ended at a  small grass strip K64- 472 mlies to the South East.   The default Baron B58  carried 2 loads weighing about 1332 lbs.  Because of the distance and a projected tail wind, I planned on a fuel stop about half way.   I encountered  head winds that caused me to land at KANW about 50 miles short of my planned  stop.    I knew  I would not be able to get the cargo to my destination on time... so 
     I repositioned one of my nearby AI pilots to KANW,  transfered part of my cargo to the AI ship, and then repositioned the AI plane to the  destination field  K64.
     I then flew the Baron non stop to K64 and unloaded my cargo.     I then unloaded the cargo from the AI plane, and received credit for 2 successful cargo deliveries.

I'm not sure if AH was developed to handle this scenario , but it worked.   This kind of flexability in a game  is nice to see.   These type of situations acutally occur in the real world where one pilot is called to help another. .
Thanks again for AH

Morley

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic