This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air Hauler has no airports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RodeoAnnouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 2:06am
I re-downloaded 2.0 sp2 and tried to run it. It says it is already installed that I need to remove it in ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS....I go there and try to uninstall and it tells me I cannot uninstall because programs are using it and would not function....wow MS is got me going in circles.....
simonmckay View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonmckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 5:35pm

your fix worked for me.  I found I had to uninstall any versions of the .Net framework then reinstall AH from the CD.

This re-installed .net 2.0 correctly and the application runs.

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 6:19pm
Rodeo - try rebooting in safe mode (press F8 when your computer starts until you get the boot menu), and see if you can reinstall Framework 2.0 SP2 then.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
RodeoAnnouncer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RodeoAnnouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 9:53pm
OK

Windows cannot Uninstall in safe-mode because windows install service is not running. windows install service cannot run in safe-mode.....

Argh
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RodeoAnnouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 9:55pm
is a refund in order here?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 10:23pm
That's a bit hasty. Remember, JF are a UK company, and don't work at the weekends - if you email support, they'll likely have something to try.

However, if you're not happy - by all means contact JF to get a refund.

There must be something up with your XP installation - this does come up, but very very infrequently and a Framework reinstall seems to work.

The Microsoft advice for your situation is here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908077

Can you try that, then reinstall Framework 2.0 SP2?
AirHauler Developer
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RodeoAnnouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 10:31pm
Yes I Will I really dont want a refund....I want to PLAY .....PLAy PLAY!!!!!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RodeoAnnouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 10:39pm
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Slopey Rules!
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 12:01am
Did it work??
AirHauler Developer
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RodeoAnnouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 3:05am
By doing the Repair on the MS link.

Another Question when you finish a run do you HAVE ot exit flight sim to take the next job? My Sim takes along time to load.

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 6:39am

Quote ...when you finish a run do you HAVE ot exit flight sim to take the next job? My Sim takes along time to load.

You can work through any and all jobs that you've "accepted" from the Jobs Board without shutting down FS or coming back to the "business" screens.  Accepting the jobs makes them show in the My Jobs screen.  The cargo for any job in the My Jobs screen will be available at the appropriate airport for pickup and you only have to use the Cargo Loading screen to handle it, leaving FS running. 

Once you've worked through all the accepted jobs, then you must return to the business screens and shut down FS.

Be careful, however, about accepting too many jobs.  If life intervenes and you can't finish them in time, cancelling them or delivering late costs dearly in terms of company reputation - the "other" currency of AirHauler.

John Allard
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 8:48am
As John says, you can accept as many jobs as you want, and stay in Flight Sim doing them as long as you want.

Once you've started flying, in order to "accept" another job, you do need to go back to the Job Board, and thanks to an issue with Flight Sim - you do need to close it down.

Flight Sim won't tolerate loading a new flight plan whilst running usually - it'll either tell you that you have one in progress, or it'll crash. Gotta love it!

I'm considering adding a button to the Cargo Loading screen to let you pick jobs up on the fly however to get round this
AirHauler Developer
Andydigital View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andydigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 9:10am
Quote Flight Sim won't tolerate loading a new flight plan whilst running usually - it'll either tell you that you have one in progress, or it'll crash. Gotta love it!

I've never had any problems loading multiple flight plans in any version of flight simulator in the same session, are you sure you mean flight plans? I've never seen this message you speak of either about one already being in progress.

Cheers,
Andy.
totall View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 9:45pm
I am new to AH and have enjoyed the set up to this point, but I have experienced when I except multiple loads for one job, FS9 will crash every time I start the second leg. Is there a fix for this or will this be future patch?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 2:37am
That's probably a scenery/ATC bug - what it is the error when it crashes?

Try doing "Finish Flying" and close FS9 and let AH re-open it for the next leg. Nothing to do with AH I'm afraid usually, FS9 is quite buggy when it comes to re-tuning to ATC stations and second legs.
AirHauler Developer
totall View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 2:44am
No air message comes up, just FS9 crash. I just stop the AH monitoring and set up the load manifest again.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 3:04am
If no AH error comes up, it's a "pure" FS crash and the problem is with FS rather than AH.
AirHauler Developer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic