This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Limits - An FSX Film (HD)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Limits - An FSX Film (HD)
    Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 12:42am
My latest film in FSX, still mucking around with my new sony vegas.
I hope you enjoy, feedback very much appreciated!

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 1:11am
You have Sony Vegas Pro ?   Very expensive program I beleive. 
Generic forum signature
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 1:23am
I  wish! I bought home studio platinum 9 - not much more than an add onSmile
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 1:19pm
Oh right.  Is it any good ?  Might get it
Generic forum signature
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 1:36pm
Well I have only had it a couple of days, it seems very powerful. The tranitions are very good and its very flexible for adding / mixing audio, video clips together. I have not managed to use a lot of the effects yet, if you watch the video at the top of this link you can see a few, and I used it to make the intro. I have found it very easy to use however there are some things missing that you only get in PRO - which (somehow) lots of people have uplaoded to youtube as to how to use......

So far it has been a high quality program. It can add a lot to vidoes with colour mixing, video effects etc. But be wary of people showing things on youtube that can only be done in PRO (which they can somehow afford........). The only thing I have noticed missing so far is the ability to rotate text in 3D.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 2:54pm
Nice video!  I noticed that you've got the same problem with Biggin Hill in FSX that i've got (the 21 end has a huge step in the terrain)!
Kind regards,
Tom
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 3:07pm
Haha yeah Tom I wasn't sure how noticable it was. It happend once I had installed Horizon simulations generation X scenery. That scenery in the other topic should fix it I think but I cannot figure out how to install it. Thanks for the comment!
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 4:04pm

Yeah i've got the exact same thing with JF's VFR Real Scenery.  I think it's because of the much higher resolution terrain mesh included with the photo scenery packages emphasizes the flatten that MS have put in the terrain for the default airports.  That Biggin scenery looks good but like you I can't work out which bits I need to download!

Kind regards,
Tom
concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 4:33pm
great video
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by SkyFly SkyFly wrote:

That scenery in the other topic should fix it I think but I cannot figure out how to install it.

Ok I have actually found now which files you need to download - they're listed in the included PDF manual - but because the Avsim file library is still down, sourcing them is proving quite difficult!  I'll let you know how I get on!
Kind regards,
Tom
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 9:41am
Nice video and well edited!Big%20smile

FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 9:55pm
Great video, you might start rivaling TexFilms Thumbs%20Up
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by FSaddict FSaddict wrote:

Great video, you might start rivaling TexFilms Thumbs%20Up
I'm genuinly honoured . There are a few FSX film makers out there who I aspire to, Tex Films, Ruleofengagement and Lotus to name a few. Of course I'm not anywhere near there yet but I like to trySmile
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 5:18pm
Brilliant video! 
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 5:37pm
Cheers Tom! Any ideas for a new one ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic