This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with ATC Voices!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with ATC Voices!!
    Posted: 15 May 2008 at 12:12am
Hello all...a noob here!

I recently installed Traffic 2005 into FS2004 and the program overwrote the default ATC voices with those from the program (2 English accents, one German and one American).  While this is a nice change, I'd like to have the default voices available.

I read the instructions and found the Traffic and Voicepacks tool that allows you to disable the new voices and have only the default voices in place (or have all), but when I change it back to default, it still only gives me the voices Traffic installed.

I navigated out into the Sound folder for FS9 and I see the four files Traffic installed, but I cannot find the default files so I can have those voices back.

I assume Traffic backs up the files it moves...any idea where the default ATC voices could be?  Or, do you know the names of the default ATC files so I can run a search on my computer?

Thank you all
Lavon
Lavon View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 1:12am
Ok...I think I figured it out.  Clap

When I installed Traffic 2005, it changed the default ATC voice file "USEnglishBig" from a .gvp file to a .fst file.  I simply changed the file extension back to .gvp and it is now working.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic