This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Goose in trouble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goose in trouble
    Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 4:03am
While flying a short run near Anchorage Alaska my Goose's engines caught on fire.

Fire Suppression wasn't working so I had to make a quick landing while my engines lasted.  The closest place to put her down was a lake 10KN to the south.  I lined up with the lake and brought her in, sweating bullets the entire way.

Finally I put her in the water.  Now I need to fly a maintenance team out here to fix my baby. 

Greg
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 8:45am
GJ on getting her down safely!Clap

concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 3:09pm
great shots
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 9:45am
Very nice!
coloradoflyer View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coloradoflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 8:53pm
Great shots!
COloradoFlyer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic