This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JF Control Tower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JF Control Tower
    Posted: 14 May 2008 at 8:54pm
With FSX Tower controller Hack ( described here http://www.fsinsider.com/missions/Pages/PostListeningIn.aspx and seen in action here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUG69W0krko ) it is very interesting to imagine what JF will do with Tower in TrafficX product... I'm a great fan of AI observing and I just love to watch airplanes of different kinds land and takeoff at airports...

Maybe simplier way to get the tower at airports than the hack can be done but the same funcionallity, any word?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 8:09am
Although the control tower in Traffic X is enhanced, I don't have the specifics of these enhancements right now.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 9:16am
Quote Maybe simplier way to get the tower at airports than the hack

The FSX control tower is property of Microsoft. Therefore we couldn't legally include it in a payware package such as Traffic X, even if we wanted to.

Hopefully we can add some more images to the preview/in-dev section shortly, including some of the Tower
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
SirN View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 12:46pm
Very well, thanks for the info!

The Tower Hack gives an clear view of the radio-frequencies concerning the airport (one or several Tower/Ground/ATIS/Departure/Clerance/Control or whatever ) and that is exactly what I love to be able to do - follow the ground freq and hear an airplane ask for IFR clerance (I'm sorry about the spelling - I think it's wrong but I don't know) then hear that it should get taxi details from ground and then switch to the ground freq and hear it get taxi directions and then when it is at the runway switch to tower freq and hear it there and then departure a.s.o. A clear view of all the airport frequencies is wanted!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic