This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7/7 'conspiracy'...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7/7 'conspiracy'...
    Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 12:45pm
Not sure if anyone here saw it, was on the BBC end of last week I think. I recorded it but only got around to watching it last night - coincidence being the 7th yesterday...

Anyway, wasn't really aware there were conspiracy theories around this event but should have guessed really. Good watch if to show how ludicrious the claims are/were and how the facts debunk them.

Also, the backgrounds of the main supporters of the main conspiracy 'evidence' - the one guy claims he is Jesus. Another claims that the holocaust was a lie... Says it all really.

What was disturbing was the willingness of a muslim leader to accept the claims and pass on his beliefs to his followers.

Now, where are those conspiracy sites, must join up to cause some unrest... Wink

Edit: Was on Tuesday 30th June but, strangely..., unable to find it on iPlayer, mmmm...
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 4:54pm
I've never believed the 7/7 and 9/11 conspiracy theories myself.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 5:18pm
Quote What was disturbing was the willingness of a muslim leader to accept the claims and pass on his beliefs to his followers.

I heard about this. Abhorrent!

Quote Edit: Was on Tuesday 30th June but, strangely..., unable to find it on iPlayer, mmmm...

They're only available for 7 days.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 5:38pm
Yeah i watched this and it pretty much confirmed all that we thought anyway, i think  9/11 holds a lot more questions that should be answered but at least we have a 7/7 memorial at long last

Flightboy
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:02pm
When ever somthing major happens in the world, we will always have conspricy theroies. I just ignore them to be honest. 

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:09pm

What was disturbing was the willingness of a muslim leader to accept the claims and pass on his beliefs to his followers.

I heard about this. Abhorrent!

Certain sections of society will always use untruths, conspiracies, religion, patriotism, Wink our fears, or any tool they can to promote their beliefs.

That's beliefs, whether they are truly beliefs or just advantageous concepts for that individual.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by VulcanB2 VulcanB2 wrote:

They're only available for 7 days.
Ah, of course, forgot about that.
dmr100 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmr100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

When ever somthing major happens in the world, we will always have conspricy theroies. I just ignore them to be honest. 

Well said, hit the nail on the head there. People see something like a terrorist attack happen and decide to spread utter rubbish about it, making up stories about how the 'government did it', etc etc. I'm suprised the US government hasdn't murdered Michael Jackson yet, like MI6 killed Diana. It's just unfortunate people believe these sorts of things.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by dmr100 dmr100 wrote:

Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

Well said, hit the nail on the head there. People see something like a terrorist attack happen and decide to spread utter rubbish about it, making up stories about how the 'government did it', etc etc. I'm suprised the US government hasdn't murdered Michael Jackson yet, like MI6 killed Diana. It's just unfortunate people believe these sorts of things.

Its always good to question things, unless you really think the worlds most powerful people are incapable of telling you lies Tongue

Flightboy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 9:12am
Yes Flighty, we should question things... but then, based on the evidence, [or lack of it] decide how plausible the fantastical theory proposed is.

Trouble is, most CT fanatics decide to believe despite the overwhelming improbability and implausible evidence.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic