This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

( COMPUTER BUFFS PLEASE ) Utterly Confuzled.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 11:26am
What's so good about the i7?  How big a fps increase are you given?
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 1:18pm
Quote What's so good about the i7?

Something few people understand - ARCHITECTURE.

My Motorola 6800 can add 2+2 faster than my Intel Core 2 Duo can.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 7:55pm
Yeah I have had many o' boring lesson from my best mate about

"processor architecture"   ( nerdy voice )

Please dont ask me to repeat what he THOUGHT he had taught me though haha

A few weeks before christmas I will post what I'm getting, so you can all bask in my computer greatness and heavenly body

Generic forum signature
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 5:29pm
I don't use computers anymore - I fly the real thing. Cool

Infinite frame rate, low power consumption, and realistic experience. .

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:25pm
Yes but you can die if you get it very wrong Pointy!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 7:49pm
I fly the real thing
What aircraft do you fly?
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 9:22pm

It was a joke.

I do fly gliders though. K-13, and more recently an exotic glass ship I can't remember the name of. Cry  Something foreign sounding. Cool  Looks a bit like a DG-100 (not very good at identifying gliders Embarrassed ).

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Kelvin_C-J View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvin_C-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 9:48pm
ASK-20?

Cirrus?
Junior?
Used to know more but forgotten also!
Best Regards,
Kelvin Chilvers-Jones

ppgstf View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgstf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Do I really need to spend over a grand with all the latest tech to run FSX in the high / ultra-high range with good FPS ?

No!  I bought a PC from PC World for £370 then put a new PSU graphics card and CPU.  That alone cost about £300, but all together £670, quite a bit under a grand.  Here is my spec.

Am I missing something here?  Why buy a stock PC World PC and them rip out the GPU, PSU and CPU?  Why didn't you source the parts parts you wanted and get someone to build it for you?

I'm now beginning to understand why your latest driver detection programme problem is with you.  Do you have any idea what you are doing with PC's? 
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 7:24pm
Am I missing something here?  Why buy a stock PC World PC and them rip out the GPU, PSU and CPU?  Why didn't you source the parts parts you wanted and get someone to build it for you?

Because the computer was a very good deal, wich included a free monitor.  What's wrong with an upgrade about a year later! 

ppgstf View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgstf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Because the computer was a very good deal, wich included a free monitor.  What's wrong with an upgrade about a year later! 

Absolutely nothing wrong, it read as though you did it straight away. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic