This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

111 squadron, The Black Arrows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 111 squadron, The Black Arrows
    Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 5:53pm
especially for Mike H ! In 1958 111 squadron of the RAF flew the largest aerobatic formation ever formed, 22 Hawker Hunter F6s, the formation was barrel rolled to perfection, a feat that has never been repeated. sadly I dont have 22 Hunters but this is my tribute to that famous squadron....
on the ramp

taxying out

lift off

going vertical

inverted

up at 10,000 ft

mach 1 past the tower

fast and low

slow pass, dirty and dangling

approaching Waddington

on finals

all shot above RAF Waddington, hope you like them.

The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 7:02pm
First one is great.  Well done.
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 9:35pm
Those are great! Cool
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 9:41pm
Brilliant screenshots!

AirbusLad View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 6:19pm

They are lovely shots and a lovely plane alan! Well done!

MacBook Pro | 15inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | Quad core Intel i7 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 512GB Solid State Drive

iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 4S
iPhone 3GS
mike H View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 2:13pm
Thanks Alan,Wink
Sorry I have not answered your post before,as I have been working away again this w/e pleasure flying with Helo's.
Great pic's of a Great a/c I can just here the roar as she does that tight turn. Fantastic Shots.Clap
Where did they perform that 22 a/c barrel roll,Tongue as I have seen the Black Arrows perform a few times,  I am not sure if I have ever seen that many Hunters in the sky at once. 
In my eyes to Fly is more than Just Loving it.

It is a Passion we can all now Share within Flight Sim.

When in Doubt, Always go Around.

Regards mike H
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 12:24pm
it was at the 1958 farnborough air show, a record that stands to this day !
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
mike H View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 7:00pm
Thanks Alan,
 I did not start going to Farnborough till the early 60's  so I missed that one.Cry
I was working at Yeovilton this w/e some great displays, only two Hunters Flying around on the Friday sadly not 22.Tongue  A very nice looking Sea Vixen did a great display and lots of helicopters and the Vulcan developed  a brake problem on the sat. they fix it later, but the weather turned bad by mid afternoon so she once again did not take to the sky.CryCryI did get up close boy she is big.Star one of the crew did tell me that if she flew in that weather we would have only heard her due to the low cloud base. I for one would have settled just to hear those engines again.Wink Maybe next time a. 

In my eyes to Fly is more than Just Loving it.

It is a Passion we can all now Share within Flight Sim.

When in Doubt, Always go Around.

Regards mike H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic