This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andy Murray Doubts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andy Murray Doubts
    Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:09pm
After my last post, which only MartinW replied to I think I'll keep it short!.

Currently Watching :

Murray (3 seed)
V
Wawrinka (19 seed)   <  ! Bare in mind the seeding gap !

Pheonominal game of tennis, one of the best I've seen.

Set 1: Murray got thrashed. Lost
Set 2: Both played well and Andy won, but on balance Wawrinka was better
Set 3: Murray won, seems to be back on form
Set 4: 2 games each.

I think at the end of this Andy is going to win, but judging by the way he has played I think Federer (or nadal if he was here) would eat him alive.  Everybody really thinks he has a good chance of wining, I'm not so sure. 

Anyone else agree?

Martin I'm looking at you.
Generic forum signature
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:15pm
Federer is 'avin it - no doubt. But can Murray make the final? Hoots non!

What is certain is that if he wins, he's the "battling Brit" but if he looses he'll be the "unlucky Scot!" Harumph!
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:20pm
Ahh somebody else is interested in tennis ! 

I agree, I would put money on Federer and be able to sleep easy.
Murray needs to step his game up to beat the first and second seeds.
Hes really having to work his behind off against someone 16 seedings lower than him.

Laura Robson (junior champion) shes doing very well, on track to defend her title.
Generic forum signature
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:25pm
I'm watching Murray V Wawrinka now! Awesome match!

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:26pm
One of the best I have ever seen.  still not quite as good as the 2008 final tho
Generic forum signature
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:28pm
I didn't watch the 2008 finalCry.

Just seen an amazing rally between the two though!

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:29pm
Wawrinka just won the game! Murray hit the net.

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 10:24pm
OMG !  CAN U BELEIVE THIS WAWRINKA !

HE IS AMAZING

NOW OFFICIALLY FAVOURITE PLAYER !
Generic forum signature
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 11:29am

Wawrinka played well for sure, especially the first set, but Murray kept his cool, maintained his concentration and won.

Well done Murray, one of the best matches I've seen at Wimbledon.

Don't write Murray off, Wawrinka played very well indeed, don't forget he used to be way up there in the rankings.

The commentators mentioned how Wawrenka was playing like his old self.

Murray was playing a former high ranker with his form back.

Whats this guy he faces in the next round like? Any good?
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:46pm
It was a great game, not an epic, many better games over the years, too many unforced errors to make it a classic.  Fair play to Murray though, he dug in when others would have capitulated (See TH) but he'll need to improve immensely to win it.  Pretty sure he'll make the final where I think Feds will come out on top again.

Excellent viewing last night at 10.30pm, pitch black but the centere court and all the fans outside on Henamn Hill watching on the big screen, it'd be some atmosphere.

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 6:33pm
It was a great game, not an epic, many better games over the years, too many unforced errors to make it a classic

it was a phenomenal game in terms of the excitement generated. Great entertainment.

Most watching wouldn't be tennis experts and relegate the game due to unforced errors.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic