This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

W I M B L E D O N - 2 0 0 9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W I M B L E D O N - 2 0 0 9
    Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 3:29pm
I loved last year
Hope this year is as good.

I still remember ALL of the last 24 hours of Wimbledon 2008.  The final between Federer and Nadal was amazing, amazing doesnt really describe it actually.

Andy Murray: Didnt take a liking to him personally, in interviews I always thought he was abit above himself but there we go.  I hope he wins obviously can you imagine the crowd if he won ?  3rd in the World on good form. . . yeah he's got a chance

Laura Robson: Lost today against Daniela Hantuchova but played very well, especially in the first set.  I think she will do very wel for herself in the future. 15 years old and at Wimbledon makes me feel very bad about what I have achieved in life.Cry

Roger Federer: Hmm Played Lu today, a chinese player.  Lu isn't really one of the best and lost but gave Roger a run for his money.  I ended up cheering Lu on instead of Federer!

Rafael Nadal: Devastated he isn't playing this year (according to the news anyway) any match he plays in is outstanding, his power and fitness is overwhelming.

Just watching Serena Williams Vs Neuza Silva - Williams leading 3 games to 0 - first set.

Generic forum signature
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 7:28pm

I still remember ALL of the last 24 hours of Wimbledon 2008

I still remember fondly the great battles between Jimmy Connors and Bjorn Borg. Not to mention Ilie Nastase. Big%20smile

And definitely the temperature in 1976 on the centre court during the famous heat wave.

What do you reckon for the chances of the British guy?

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 7:59pm
Ahh all before my time unfortunately, however my dad has told me stories of old from Wimbledon.

I think Andy Murray has a chance now I have seen what he can really do.  I beleive he could easily get to the final, but really I need to see more of the other players and their matches before I could really say.

Laura Robson (2008 Juniors Champion) got a wild card and got to play with the big girls - lost but very impressive.  I think in the next 5 years we should have atleast one British Victory in the Mens/Womens singles.
Fingers crossed ey Martin.Approve

HAHA  has I write this the whole of centre court did a Mexican Wave ! hahaha
Generic forum signature
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic